Z-wave Network funky after Inovelli Red Dimmer Install

I recently installed an Inovelli Red Dimmer using the instructions posted here. It took a few hours before all of the entities were listed, and then it disappeared from the network. I have excluded the device and contacted Inovelli support (I think it may be defective). The question I have is now I have an orphaned node listed in the Z Wave Network Management Page (Shows up as “Unknown Node 24: Unknown”), how should I handle that?

Additionally one of my old device that was working fine until now has the same Node ID listed twice. One is listed as Preformatted text Basement Light 1 (Node: 17 ProtocolInfo) and the other as HomeSeer Technologies HS-WS100+ Wall Switch (Node:17 Complete). When I added the Inovelli devices it knocked out the modifications I had made to the zwcfg file using the instructions listed here and had to re-edit the zwcfg file. What is the best way to clean up this mess, and keep it from happening again?

you should be able to ‘remove dead node’.

is it listed twice in you ozw config?

Thanks but the nodes are not listed as failed, so remove dead node is not available. The HomeSeer switches are listed many times in the zwcfg file, because I have a bunch of them.

Then change the state of the attribute to failed through the dev->tools / states page. This is all spelled out in the z-wave documentation for removing nodes.

1 Like

@petro Thanks for pointing me towards the documentation! I followed the instructions listed but am one of the nodes is being difficult. Here is what the log shows:

After restarting the system it’s gone and the I think the Z-wave network looks clean. Thanks for your help.

1 Like