ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Sorry, that was a misunderstanding on my part – when you said bulbs were your only zigbee devices I incorrectly read that as these bulbs were your only zigbee devices.

If you already have a mesh going with other devices that are having no issues, then I agree with your approach. Try to force the mesh to reconfigure itself by leaving some of the nodes turned hard-off, then turn them back on again.

You were right, all my bulbs are ecosmart bulbs. No other zigbee devices except the USB controller itself.

not sure if this will help anyone get the Bosch motion sensors working but there are instructions on the MyDigitalDiscount site for getting them working in SmartThings.

Here is a link to the code that you need to put into the SmartThings API to get them to connect:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomasaxerot/SmartThings/master/devicetypes/tomasaxerot/bosch-motion-detector.src/bosch-motion-detector.groovy

Just reporting Osram bulbs that I tested.
The Osram color bulbs work well. The non color bulbs are very buggy. They will turn on then not be able to turn off. Also it keeps changing its mind as to weather they are color bulbs or not. I am using the USB zigbee stick. The non-color bulbs work fine if I use them through the Osram hub.

Did you have to do anything special to get them added to HA? I got some e12 IKEA bulbs, and just calling zha:permit isn’t working for me.

Tradfri e12 - unable to get the bulbs to pair. I receive the following warnings when attempting to pair.

[bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6c21
2017-08-17 00:17:53 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:17:53 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:17:54 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6c21
2017-08-17 00:17:54 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:17:54 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:18:07 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.device] [0x8c09] Failed ZDO request during device initialization: ('Endpoint request failed: %s', [129, 51609, []])

Edit - My current config is HomeAssistant 0.51.1 on a pi3 with a Linear HUSBZB-1 stick.

1 Like

I am running HomeAssistant 0.51.2 on a bare metal Archlinux box, installed in Docker using Hassio with a Nortek HUSBZB-1.

I’m using the Bosch Security Motion Sensor PIR and like others have reported, it’s not working. I get the following entity already exists error every time I permit new ZHA devices:

2017-08-16 20:10:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 179, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 381, in async_process_entity
    new_entity, self, update_before_add=update_before_add
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 228, in async_add_entity
    'Entity id already exists: {}'.format(entity.entity_id))
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.bosch_iswzpr1wp13_b44d65e0_5

I’m also using multiple Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door sensors. These work great. Beyond the intial confusion, since the friendly name is always the same, I was able to get these rolling real quick. The opening sensor is rapid, but the temperature and battery data is not available.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any clue why one of the bulbs eventually connected as a switch. But since that wasn’t quite right, I deleted the zigbee.db and started over, hoping I could get it to pair correctly. I was never able to get either bulb to pair again. I tried about 30-40 times. I always turned on/off 6 times and waited for the flash. Very strange that 1 of those times was different than the others. I eventually gave up and returned them.

1 Like

Maybe some good news for all European / German users:

I purchased the following USB stick from digikey(.de) and it is recognised by bellows and the zha implementation:

https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/de/silicon-labs/RD-0002-0201/336-3333-ND/5399115

Price was 67.82€ with UPS shipping from the US. I’ll try to connect my tradfri lamps and keep you updated.

The ETRX357USB should also work. At least it is recognised by bellows and the zha implementation, but I have not been able to pair my Ikea lamp yet.
https://www.digikey.de/products/de?keywords=ETRX357USB

For more info:

Over at the SmartThings forums, a lot of the instructions say that the hub should be right next to the bulb when pairing. Could that have been the difference? I haven’t tried getting the bulb closer since it would be a bit of a pain, but I may give it a shot tonight.

I was having a hard time getting my Tradfri bulbs to pair. Did you have to do anything special to get your IKEA bulb working?

Just tried that, but does not make a difference for me

Just bought 4 more of the Sengled bulbs.
I have recessed lights so I got more of the BR30 version.
Only $35.99 US for a 3 pack of them.

With Zigbee because its mesh they seam to work better the more you add

The great thing with these is they are easy to reset just turn off/on fast
10 times and they will flash which lets you know they are reset.
Also when you pair them they flash when connected unlike the Cree
which you have no idea if the pairing worked.

I bought one Cree, Hue, Ikea and these have worked better than the others

To pair them goto services pick ZHA and then Permit click call service
and then turn the light on.

1 Like

At first I was trying to pair from about 15-20 feet away. I eventually moved within about 10 feet and that’s when I magically got 1 of the bulbs to pair (incorrectly) as a switch. I then setup a lamp directly next to my Hass box and tried pairing another 10-15 times with no luck.

Edit: I just remembered something. I started out trying to pair 2 bulbs at the same time. After 10 or so failed attempts I decided to try 1 bulb and THAT’S when I got it to pair as a switch. I thought, “Wow, I’m dumb.” Went to bed and tried to do the second bulb the next day but couldn’t get it to pair.

Ive purchased this stick from digikey. Its based on the EM357.

So far I havent had much luck. Home assistant appears to hang on startup trying to initialise the stick (I assume). Its a minefield trying to determine whether Ive got the right firmware. If I dont, from all my reading so far, I might need the dev kit to flash the firmware, and thats expensive and overkill.

@rklomp can you help with the software you used to flash your firmware?

Did you get the $12 bulbs or the $18 bulbs that allow you to change the white color temperature? I believe the bulbs that @wixoff paired successfully are the $12 non-color temp bulbs. The bulbs I had nothing but trouble with were the $18 color temp ones.

To upgrade any EM35x based device use the following URLs.

Upgrade guide: https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/user-guides/UG228.pdf
Terminal software https://www.silabs.com/documents/login/software/telegesis-terminal-setup.exe
Package containing firmware: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yqyunjie/Zigbee-Project/master/software/STACK/ember-stack-Z5.0.0.0-em35x-ezsp-dev.exe

I used this image file from the package
EmberZNet5.0.0-GA\EM35x-EZSP\build\em35x-ezsp-images\EM357\em357-ncp-uart-xon-xoff-use-with-serial-uart-bl-500.s37

@rklomp Thankyou very much for information. That is the most concise summary Ive seen and I spent a lot of time looking yesterday.

I followed those instructions and got the driver installed and telegesis terminal installed. It connects to the stick fine, but Im seeing the same issue that I saw previously, in that I get no bootloader prompt and any commands sent don’t do anything. I can only guess that the stick Ive purchased does not come with firmware that has the correct bootloader installed. I did read yesterday that this can be the case, and that an ISA3 is needed in this scenario which is a real shame as it costs 3-4x as much as the stick.

If you’ve any further suggestions Im very open, but I think Ive wasted my money on this one.

BTW, 2 of your links above have a 2 at the end that shouldnt be there.

The bulbs I have are color temp ones, so that is probably the difference. After trying a bunch of times, I was able to get them to pair as switches like you were originally. I can’t control the brightness or the color temp, but I’m okay with that since the bulbs are over the stairs and the mood settings aren’t really important. At least they are e12 bulbs, so I don’t have to change the light fixtures.