ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

I don’t know much about this but I can tell you I had the same problem and to try and fix the issue I changed the db path to zigbee_new.db in the configuration.yaml and it fixed the issue. That way you don’t have to delete your old DB if it causes a problem you can just change it back.

Hope that helps,

Skilly

Hi, I tried renaming the db file, then ZHA does start up without errors but none of my zigbee devices shown up. I am guessing renaming the db file is equivalent to deleting it and starting over.

Looks like I have to bite the bullet and re-add each of my zigbee device. Thanks.

Unfortunately this doesn’t work for me on 49.1. If I have ZHA enabled HASS now locks up on boot, regardless if I’m creating a new DB or trying to use an existing DB. The only pertinent error message displayed during boot with logger set to DEBUG is Jul 27 10:04:55 hass hass[5717]: 2017-07-27 10:04:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of zha is taking over 10 seconds.

I’m running this under Ubuntu 17.04 on x86. Are others able to utilize ZHA on 49.1? If so, which platform?

edit: disregard all of the above, I hadn’t mapped over the serial port correctly like a dunce.

Sylvania Ultra iQ Flood Bulbs, https://www.lowes.com/pd/SYLVANIA-65-W-Equivalent-Dimmable-Soft-White-BR30-LED-Flood-Light-Bulb/50057367.

The bulbs work but with some issues. Turning the lights on does not consistently work. I often have to click twice on a dimmer location in the front end to actually get the lights to turn on. Also, when the lights are grouped, turning off the lights using voice commands via emulated hue works, but turning the lights on via voice command by either turning the switch on or setting a level does not work. When using a voice command to set a level of a group, Alexa reports back that the device is not responding.

The lights also cause numerous warnings to be printed to the log. So many warnings are spammed that I had to redo the configuration for bellows.zigbee to exclude them from the log file. The warnings are:

• Data remains after deserializing ZCL frame
  • No handler for cluster command

My current config is HomeAssistant 0.49.1 on a pi3 with a Linear HUSBZB-1 stick.

EDIT

Below is the error received when attempting to set the level of a group of zigbee bulbs:

2017-07-29 11:17:56 ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.server] Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 422, in start
    resp = yield from self._request_handler(request)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/aiohttp/web.py", line 306, in _handle
    resp = yield from handler(request)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 143, in coro
    res = yield from res
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 143, in coro
    res = yield from res
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/http/__init__.py", line 424, in handle
    result = yield from result
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/emulated_hue/hue_api.py", line 157, in put
    parsed = parse_hue_api_put_light_body(request_json, entity)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/emulated_hue/hue_api.py", line 299, in parse_hue_api_put_light_body
    return (result, brightness) if report_brightness else (result, None)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'report_brightness' referenced before assignment

Has anyone got the Bosch ISW-ZPR1-WP13 motion and temperature sensor to work? I paired the device but no values are displayed for the motion or temperature. I am receiving the following errors repeatedly in the HA logs after I added the Bosch unit.

2017-07-27 23:09:12 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.zcl] Data remains after deserializing ZCL frame
2017-07-27 23:09:12 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.endpoint] [0x0c63:1] Message on unknown cluster 0x0019

FYI, I am running HA 49.1 on my RPI3 via the Hassibian distro.

@snjoetw did you ever try getting the Philips Hue motion sensor working with zha? I can get these locally pretty cheap so if they work it would be a great option for me.

1 Like

An IKEA TRÅDFRI bulb (US E26 12.5W, 1000 lumen, fixed 2700K) is working great for me in 0.50!

Excellent success so far: GE Link, Lightify, and IKEA all working together.

I tried but didn’t work for me. That was a while ago though

I tried today without luck. They look like this

Just to double check, HA is able to control the IKEA bulbs directly with no IKEA gateway? IKEA is the only company that sells e12 smart bulbs in the US I can find, and I want to make sure before I order them.

Yes, 100% correct.

I have one IKEA E26 bulb included in my zha network via the HUSBZB-1 USB stick. On/off/dim all work properly. I haven’t tested any of the E12 bulbs but they’re definitely cheap enough to try, if you happen to be near an IKEA.

I am ALSO using a Sylvania/Osram Lightify gateway for some bulbs (because that worked long before the zha component came along), but I am gradually moving everything off that system.

The only issue I have at this point is after a power failure – all of my Zigbee bulbs turn on, which is expected and normal (albeit annoying), but the zha component in Hass doesn’t report them as turned on. The Lightify gateway does report status correctly.

Awesome. I’ll have to see about getting some of the E12 bulbs.

I’ve also noticed the issue with different zigbee bulbs not reporting when they turn on after a power off. I wanted to have an automation that would automatically dim the lights if they were above a certain brightness, so that if someone used the physical switch to activate them (by powering off and on again), they wouldn’t come on at full brightness and blind you. I guess the Lightify gateway might be doing some sort of polling? Please let me know if you figure out a workaround.

So you have the basic ones that don’t support color temperature? I’m curious whether the color temperature options work properly with the zha component. I’m probably going to go buy some of those bulbs soon and I’m debating between getting the basic bulbs or getting the more expensive ones with color temperature control.

Correct, I have only tried the basic soft white IKEA bulbs (they’re very bright BTW!). I might pick up a couple of the color temperature adjustable ones but I haven’t yet.

But for whatever it’s worth, the zha component handles color temperature on my Osram/Sylvania Lightify bulbs perfectly.

Ah, alright. I might have to just pick up some of them and see how it works. If anyone can confirm they are working I’d love to know. If the Osram bulbs with temp control are working then I’d assume the IKEA bulbs will as well. Thanks for letting me know.

Quick FYI – Iris 1st gen (AlertMe) devices are NOT ZigBee HA. They use a proprietary ZigBee profile, and supporting them would require dumping and reverse engineering firmware. Only the next gen (CentraLite) devices have any prayer of working.

Anywho. CentraLite 3405-L (Iris “Security Keypad”) shows up as a binary sensor that always reads off. No button presses appear to create any kind of event or otherwise do anything useful. Pairing light continuously blinks rapidly even after pairing. Temperature sensor works though.

Philips released a tunable white Hue E12 bulb recently.

I’m picking up 2 of the E26 color temperature bulbs from IKEA later today. Also grabbing 2 of the E12 bulbs. Will try to pair with my HUSBZB-1 stick and let you know how it goes.

Edit: Ran out of time today. Will get them tomorrow!

I too have Centralite 4257050-RZHAC Outlet going with on/off but not the power sensor. I’ve noticed though that if I manually turn the device on/off via the switch, the status isn’t updated in HA. Sounds similar to the issue @traslin reported:

SYLVANIA Smart+ Dimming Switch - NOT WORKING - connected as CentraLite 3130

The switch paired with my HUSBZB-1 but it incorrectly shows up in HA as a Centralite temperature sensor at 255 degrees F.

I’m brand new to HA (just installed a few days ago) so keep in mind that it’s possible I don’t know what I’m talking about :slight_smile: