ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Would you believe it, 2 hours after we left for a 4 day camping trip on Sunday morning 2 lights became unavailable! It’s like it knew I was going away. Maybe it’s time to ditch the HUSBZB for a conbee sick

Have you tried looking at the RSSI and LQI as I describe here?

No I haven’t yet. I didn’t have a lot of time last week and now we’re away for a few days. I thought I’d try the wifi channel first. I’ll have to look when we get home

Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan Controller
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Wink-Enabled-White-Ceiling-Fan-Premier-Remote-Control-99432/206591100

I can confirm this is working but I was wondering if anyone is able to help me get the Light listed properly with Zha/HA. It comes in as a switch when it should be a dimmer. I didn’t see it listed in the device handler so I’m at a loss as to where the code is that supports it.

Thanks,

search this topic. Long time ago there was a post on how to override device type and make it a light instead of a switch.

@Skilly
Here is how I overrode it to show as a light instead of a switch. Put the following in your configuration.yaml

zha:
  device_config:                                                                                       
    00:22:a3:00:00:16:c9:c9-1:                                                                         
       type: 'light'

the 00:22:a3:00:00:16:c9:c9-1 is the unique_id for this entity in my core.entity_registry file.

One word of caution - I have recently noticed a few issues with this integration - not sure if something changed in HA, or ZHA-quirks… so beware

1. I have several wink fan controllers working as lights instead of switches, however I just bought a new and I can’t get it to override to a light instead of a switch… so not sure what changed
  2. Even my older wink fan controllers, that I have been able to override to lights, for some reason, I can no longer control brightness from HA. HA acts like it is setting brightness, but the physical brightness does not change - I can still use the fan controller remote to change brightness, so it works in the physical world but not via HA
1 Like

ZHA Device Handlers (a.k.a. ZHA Quirks) for Home Assistant is its own GitHub project,find it here:

If your device isn’t listed properly then it may require the development of a custom ZHA Device Handler

Most definitely isn’t the stick especially if it’s just the bulbs doing this. What kind of bulbs are they?

How do we go about getting a custom handler created? Is it difficult to create or port? I know from searching a number of other platforms like Smart things do have one for the King is Fans which is this device.

Can it just be copied or is someone aware of such things willing to help? I’d be happy to buy someone in the US a unit to help the cause.

Have you figured this out? I also want to try zha instead of deconz… I have a few ikea remote switch…
Where did you find the documentation to create this automations??

Also, are xiaomi pir sensors supported? With lux value? Can someone posted an example automation? Or is it the same as in deconz?

The only Zigbee devices I have are lightbulbs. I have around 26 EcoSmart Bulbs and 2 Osram Lightify RGB bulbs. I have 2 Z-Wave plugs that work perfectly

follow the directions in ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results - #1135 by Quatuor and posts results for the bulbs which go unavailable.

Are ecosmart bulbs full Zigbee routers or are those like Sengled just Zigbee End devices?

How do I set the debug logging for the required components? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am still learning HA.

I believe the EcoSmart bulbs do act as repeaters, I have them in the basement, main floor & second floor. For the most part Zigbee is pretty stable then all of a sudden I find 2 or 3 lights go unavailable

check logger component configuration. You’d want something like

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    asyncio: debug
    homeassistant.core: debug
    homeassistant.components.zha: debug
    zigpy: debug
    bellows: debug
    zigpy_xbee: debug
    zigpy_deconz: debug
    zigpy_zigate: debug

in your configuration.yaml

Thank you,

I knew it was an addition to the configuration.yaml I just wasn’t sure exactly what to include. I will give this a go

I just looked at one of the lights that lost communication, it was on the 2nd floor in a bedroom directly above my HA machine

I have now enabled debug logging to see if I can catch something

The Osram Lightify Bulbs have a known firmware bug that makes them really un-reliable as repeaters. I’have got a bunch of them and I’m trying to phase them out of my set up as they cause a ton of network instability.

See the blurb at the bottom of this page…

one option I saw on the smartthings forums is to just make sure they are the last devices added to the network to try and minimize their role as repeaters.

1 Like

Hmm that is interesting. I have a couple of spare Ecosmart bulbs I can switch out and try. I only have the 2 Osram RGB bulbs

The Osram Lightify Bulbs have a known firmware bug that makes them really un-reliable as repeaters. I’have got a bunch of them and I’m trying to phase them out of my set up as they cause a ton of network instability.

Same here. Very frustrating - everything else on my network is locked in and works great. The Lightify bulbs keep dropping off.

Do you (or does anyone) have a recommendation for affordable Zigbee bulbs that work solidly as repeaters? Both RGBW and dimmable 2700K white options would be nice.

I’m after bulbs that retain their last state, or can be configured to a default state when power is lost. Mainly because my wife wants a non-standard temp of white but isn’t on-board with not turning off the knobs on the lamps.

I imported some innr bulbs from the UK and the ones that work are great. They are starting to bring bulbs to the US and have some listed on amazon, RGB coming later this year.

I’ve also started trying the newer Slyvania Ledvance bulbs (I think these are branded as the zigbee smart+ line), which is a bit confusing as they are now a different company than Osram, the rgb bulbs I’ve tried have been pretty stable, and are strong repeaters. They have fallen off my network a few times, but I still have the crappy lightify bulbs in play and as I’ve reduced those the network has gotten more and more stable.