Poll Control (32)
Temperature Measurement (1026)
Pressure Measurement (1027)
Diagnostic (2821)
Manufacturer Specific (64513)
Manufacturer Specific (64514)
Output Clusters:
Ota (25)

hmm, maybe check formatting? Iā€™m running this on stock HA 0.72.1 and I have a color light which normally shows as a color light in hass

and has the following in bellows devices (The lines of interest are device_config: and everything bellow it):

Device:
  NWK: 0xe945
  IEEE: 7c:b0:3e:aa:00:a4:55:95
  Endpoints:
    3: profile=0x104, device_type=DeviceType.COLOR_DIMMABLE_LIGHT
      Input Clusters:
        On/Off (6)
        Level control (8)

modifying my configuration.yaml to contain

zha:
  baudrate: 57600
  usb_path: /dev/ttyS1
  database_path: /zigbee.db
  device_config:
    7c:b0:3e:aa:00:a4:55:95-3:
       type: 'switch'

makes it appear in HA as a regular switch:

I was looking into those smart vents. Need to get a few to try.

I tried both switch and light and the device comes up as a binary switch every time. The binary works in one direction but not the other. Meaning I can close the vent by turning it off but I cannot open it as the vent expects a value at end point 8 to openā€¦

hi, i have a lott off mct-340e. but what zigbee stick are you using to be able to see them?
and can you share you conf how to add them to home-assistant?

//Regards

most popular I use HUSBZB-1 (not to be confused with husbz-1 which is zwave only) alternatively you could use (XBee S2C)[https://www.amazon.com/XBee-2mW-Wire-Antenna-ZigBee/dp/B007R9U1QA) (cheaper on digikey or mouser) which requires a serial port connector https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/XBee_USB_Adapter or any other FTDI or similar USB-to-com adapters. Iā€™m pretty sure you could plug XBee to Raspeberry PI and use its onboard com part.

This is what Iā€™ve tried and use, but thereā€™re some other alternatives with a ā€œhubā€ like approach:

and letā€™s say Zigbee support has been improving a lot later, in other words: ā€œyour mileage may varyā€

Zigbee support is SO bad right nowā€¦ SO badā€¦

Unless youā€™re willing to sufferā€¦ associate them with something that actually understands Zigbee devices (like a SmartThings) and MQTT the data across between the two.

I have every faith that someday ZHA will be as good as Zwave on HA, but itā€™s not even in the same ballpark today.

I have several IRIS zigbee motion and open close sensors, as well as a couple of older smartthings open close and motion sensors. I did have to buy an IRIS plug to improve signal quality (its a zigbee repeater as well), and since then I have had zero problems for month+. Iā€™m also using HUSBZB-1

1 Like

@ptdalen, do you have any bulbs on your zigbee network? ZHA has been really, really rough for me lately.

RANT TIME:

After a reboot everything works - but then in a day or so all my lights (and a switched outlet) stop responding reliably, and eventually they stop responding at all. The lights are all Osram/Sylvania Lightify at the moment - five are RGBW and two are two are Warm/Cool White. The switched outlet is an IRIS v2 plug (reads as CentraLite 3210-L, with the odd dual z-wave/zigbee radios). Iā€™m not sure what the issue is, because ZHA had been pretty darn reliable for a good number of months. (I also have a Tradfi bulb that I was able to include months ago, but I have since reset it, nuked my zigbee.db, and attempted to re-add, and it will no longer show up.)

I also have one and three Visonic MCT-340E door/window sensors spread around a very large house. Even after the bulbs (and the IRIS plug) quit responding, the door sensors still work and are very reliable. The built-in temperature sensors work too.

The five RGBW lights and the IRIS plug are all within 10 feet of the HUSBZB-1 stick, most of them line-of-sight. And yet they drop off just as quickly as the ones further away.

Hereā€™s what an error in the log looks like after the lights stop responding:

Mon Jul 09 2018 00:10:40 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Error executing service ServiceCall light.turn_off: entity_id=['light.osram_lightify_a19_rgbw_00a3342d_3']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/core.py", line 1021, in _event_to_service_call
await service_handler.func(service_call)
File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 362, in async_handle_light_service
await light.async_turn_off(**params)
File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/light/zha.py", line 127, in async_turn_off
await self._endpoint.on_off.off()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 89, in request
expect_reply=expect_reply,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 213, in request
assert sequence not in self._pending
AssertionError

Any input welcome!

My proposed next step is to try to update the firmware on the bulbs:

• Exclude/reset all seven bulbs,

• Add them into the Lighify network (I have a gateway and account already) and do the updates,

• Exclude/Reset them all again,

• Add them all back to ZHA and see what happens. If they retain their IEEE addresses after the updates, at least this part should be easy.

Ugh. :roll_eyes: Iā€™m also thinking I need to pick up a Tradfri gateway to update that bulb, since I bought it fairly early in their availability.

Thereā€™s got to be a better way. Z-wave stuff just WORKS.

I will say that i dont have any zigbee bulbs. I do have some Hue bulbs, but use the hue hub for control of them. From what Iā€™ve read I it does seem like other seem to have more problems with some bulbs as well. Bulbs should be repeaters which seems like it should strengthen your zigbee network. Other than my plug (same as yours), all my zigbee devices are battery powered (not repeaters), which is why I needed the plug.

I have one zwave bulb, but mostly went zwave switches, vs bulbs. And as you said, the zwave stuff does always work.

The AssertionError means a pending request is still in the stack somewhere to the device. If those keep happening continually then the only thing that works for me is to restart Home Assistant.

I have about 25 bulbs and some sensors and probably get stuck in the AssertionError loop once every two weeks or so.

I did build a flow in Node-RED that will automatically monitor for ZHA/Zigbee requests that failed and automatically try again. It also monitors for the the AssertionErrors and will restart Home Assistant if 50 errors have occurred and the AssertionErrors donā€™t go away.

Not sure if someone answered this I was out of town.
HUSBZB-1 plugged into a raspberry pi 3
This one does Zwave & Zigbee devices

Entry in configration.yaml running on HASSIO v0.73.1

You want the ZHA setting for this not the zigbee that is commented out
uncomment the Zwave if you want it. I only run zigbee devices.

#-------------------------------------
#---- Setup Z-Wave Zigbee USB Adapter
#-------------------------------------

#Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adapter HUSBZB-1
zha:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB1
  database_path: /config/zigbee.db
#  database_path: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/zigbee.db

#zwave:
#  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0

#zigbee:

Hope this helps.

Thanks @walt - helpful insight.

Contrary to what I said in my last comment, I donā€™t actually need to reboot. As you note, just calling the homeassistant.restart service is good enough to get everything working again. . . for a while. I might need to do something like your error watchdog.

I think Iā€™m going to file this as an issue against bellows, since that is the last call made before the error. Error messages like the one in my message 389 are the only zha-related items in my log, except for the usual startup issues.

No success so far for Xiaomi Human Body Sensors in combination with the Elelabs USB Zigbee Adapter.
Only the lx sensor is working, motion does not.

Enable bellows debugging, reproduce the issue and open a issue with bellows. It is either something wrong with bellows or zigpy.

I had this happen once, but couldnā€™t reproduce it.
To enable logging, under logger: in configuration.yaml add
ā€˜ā€™ā€™
bellows: debug
bellows.zigbee.application: debug
homeassistant.components.zha: debug
zigpy:debug
ā€˜ā€™ā€™

Correction. Either set debug as a global logging level or in configuration.yaml
ā€˜ā€™ā€™
logger:
default: info
logs:
homeassistant.components.zha: debug
bellows: debug
bellows.zigbee.application: debug
zigpy: debug
ā€˜ā€™ā€™
For some reason you are running out of available sequence numbers. Normally for each request sent, thereā€™s a sequence number associated with it, which should be pop-ed out upon receiving a response or a timeout.

Iā€™ve got one to play with. By default it does show as a switch and for whatever reason, I could only turn it off. In UI it would turn on, but there was no reaction from the vent itself.
But, if I override it to the light, then I can control On/Off and Level just fine.
and immediatly responds to level changes.
This is what I had to add to configuration.yaml. Iā€™m giving my whole section, but you just need to add the lines starting with device_config:. Make sure the identing is right and you are not mixing spaces with tabs.

zha:
  baudrate: 57600
  usb_path: /dev/ttyS1
  database_path: /zigbee.db
  device_config:
    00:0b:57:ff:fe:92:e5:a8-1:
       type: 'light'

and hereā€™s bellows devices output:

Device:
  NWK: 0x6a9d
  IEEE: 00:0b:57:ff:fe:92:e5:a8
  Endpoints:
    1: profile=0x104, device_type=DeviceType.LEVEL_CONTROLLABLE_OUTPUT
      Input Clusters:
        Basic (0)
        Power Configuration (1)
        Identify (3)
        Groups (4)
        Scenes (5)
        On/Off (6)
        Level control (8)
        Poll Control (32)
        Temperature Measurement (1026)
        Pressure Measurement (1027)
        Diagnostic (2821)
        Manufacturer Specific (64513)
        Manufacturer Specific (64514)
      Output Clusters:
        Ota (25)

But maybe we should add zha.DeviceType.LEVEL_CONTROLLABLE_OUTPUT: 'light', to DEVICE_CLASS definition in homeassistant/components/zha/const.py, although it is not really a light, but you could override the icon through customization, right?

Thanks @Adminiuga - I set up the verbose debugging like you suggested, and hereā€™s the result:

https://paste.drhack.net/?65a1595f54bc5328#7mPFttNdjg7ha59Zic0cuBa37Vr6+ghmHKf98Ng9LWU=

(thatā€™s a pastebin-like link, for those who might be woried)

These are excerpts, the first one being an error during setup, and the other two being errors that appear when a remote button is pressed to turn a light on. So I have excerpted from the log entry that recognized a remote button press all the way up through the error and traceback.

Any ideas, anyone?

I got In Ceiling Light Controller to work by forcing it as light.
Thank you for your advice