ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Just thought I’d share my experience with my GE/Jasco 45857GE Dimmer. I was using Iris, and switched to Home Assistant when I got the notice and got the refund for the Iris hub. My dimmers were working well in Iris, but in HA, the lights will not turn on without additional input from me. To get the lights to turn on, I have to click on the light, drag the slider up, and then drag it up some more. The light will then turn on and behave in line with the slider. if the light is turned off, the sequence must be restarted to get them back on. If I use the physical switch in the wall, the lights behave as expected.
I can call the turn on service directly, and give it say 50% brightness, then call the service again with 51% brightness, then the light will tun on. If I turn the light “off” by turning the light ON to 0%, then all subsequent service calls to turn on the light to specific brightness are successful. However, once the service light.turn_off is used, I have to do the double dim thing again.
One thing I have noticed is that the slider jumps around when in use for the dimmer switches. As of right now, I can not recommend these dimmer switches.

Is there a way to force a specific quirk on a device?

I have 3 xiaomi motion sensors, and only one of them is using zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara_body_sensor.AqaraBodySensor quirk. others are not using any (recognized as device).

same seem to be going on for door sensors and (probably) water

Are they all the newer aqara sensors? The older Mija sensors don’t support quirks yet.

I’m on 88.1. Seems to be improved over 87.1 . I’m seeing these in the logs after a restart.

2019-02-23 09:47:26 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected response TSN=8 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=7 status=0 value=1>]]
2019-02-23 09:47:26 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected response TSN=10 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=0 status=0 value=Bool.false>]]
2019-02-23 09:47:26 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected response TSN=11 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=0 status=0 value=178>]]
2019-02-23 09:47:26 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected response TSN=9 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=16394 status=134>]]

I guess two questions, What can I do to clear these out, and how can I determine which devices are causing this error, so I can troubleshoot on my own and not bug people. :slight_smile:
Thanks

Yeah. All aqara, all uniform. One shows quirks is enabled, the other two are not.

Door sensors are all the same, too, similar story.

Only if i could force a specific quirk, i’d be happy.

For completeness, i did try removing/reconfiguring a node as well.

I’d open an issue then. It should work.

I just noticed that all of my zigbee devices are no longer reporting battery. The entities are gone

1 Like

That is normal in 0.88. They are now under the zha.* device similar to zwave.

2 Likes

try removing them completely and re joining them (make sure they aren’t in Zigbee.db any more) if they are all Aqara. there is a bug in zigpy (fixed and will be in .89) that screws up signatures occasionally.

mija is on the way. I have a weather, contact sensor and a button. I don’t have the mica body sensor but once I do the others I should be able to get the quirk right w/o it. Maybe in time for .89 but no promises.

you have to ensure they aren’t in zigbee.db after removing them.

How do you remove them from Zigbee.db?
thanks

Hi,
I would like to share my experience with zigbee so for. I started by using HUSBZB to connect with hue sensors, bulbs and then xiaomi sensors. It was a terrible, devices constantly went offline. Overall extremely unreliable, I was on Hassio 0.78 at that time. Then I got the hue hub for my hue things and the xiaomi getaway 2 for the xiaomi devices and everything has been working flawlessly for me. I’m still waiting for the parts to try out the Zigbee2mqtt method next and will provide an update on my experience. Let me know if you had better success with the HUSBZB. Thanks.

trying to setups sengled devices using the zha components with HUSBZB1 and getting this error:
Sun Feb 24 2019 14:46:46 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Error setting up entry /dev/ttyUSB1 for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 260, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 176, in async_setup_entry
await asyncio.gather(*init_tasks)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 159, in async_device_initialized
await zha_device.async_initialize(from_cache=(not is_new_join))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py”, line 192, in async_initialize
BASIC_CHANNEL).get_power_source()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get_power_source’

there is a fix in development to address this. Try this branch: https://github.com/dmulcahey/home-assistant/tree/dm/zha-forgive-missing-basic

I was able to get a Peanut Plug added to my HA (https://www.securifi.com/securifi-peanut-plug) and the on/off function works, but there are also additional sensors that don’t look to be configured correctly (binary sensory: not sure what that’d be measuring and a power sensor: measuring current load). Binary sensor always reports ‘closed’, power sensor always reports 0.0w.

There is a custom device handler for this plug for use with SmartThings (https://github.com/pakmanwg/smartthings-peanut-plug) and I’m wondering if that is something I could use to create one for zha

Bellows output if that’s necessary/helps in any way:
Device:
NWK: 0xbe55
IEEE: 00:0d:6f:00:05:49:b7:a5
Endpoints:
1: profile=0x104, device_type=DeviceType.ON_OFF_SWITCH
Input Clusters:
Basic (0)
Power Configuration (1)
Identify (3)
Groups (4)
Scenes (5)
On/Off (6)
Electrical Measurement (2820)
Diagnostic (2821)
Output Clusters:
Basic (0)
Power Configuration (1)
Identify (3)
Groups (4)
Scenes (5)
On/Off (6)
Ota (25)
Electrical Measurement (2820)
Diagnostic (2821)

Thanks!

Yes there is something similar for Home Assistant as it supports custom ZHA Device Handlers (a.k.a. quirks handler implementation), as conceived by dmulcahey and can be found here:

hmm ok thanks!

I’m sure this has been asked before, but is there a relatively simple way to convert from groovy to python?

I have one of these myself. I’ll add it to the list of things to expand support for.

2 Likes

I have this message 576 times in my log in the past 8 hours or so. I’m on 88.1

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 241, in request
    v = await send_fut
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED

How can I determine what is causing this? I’ve removed and re added all of my devices over the past week or so since 87.x.