ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

I just need to know if this is a limitation of what I’m doing, or the hardware I’m using.

After much research and trail and error I’ve managed to get home assistant reading my Lutron Aurora. In fact, I have zero issue getting it to read the dimmer command “Move_to_level_with_on_off”. If I rotate the switch, I have an arg pop up of [(2-255 depending on the rotation of the switch), 2 ]

Now if I press the button instead of rotating it, I get an arg of [(2/255), 7] which i simulating a On/Off toggle of the switch, which is exactly what I want. However, I can only seem to randomly get this to read in zha_events. It will consistently read the 2 (rotation) arg, but only seemingly randomly read the 7 (toggle) arg. When it does read it, I can toggle for a few seconds before it no longer works.

Just need to know if I’m doing something wrong (which to be honest, I don’t believe I am in this case) or if I cannot reliably use this as a toggle switch and will have to rely on reading the rotation state.

I’ve experienced the same thing - with the on/off toggle it just isn’t consistent. For now I am only controlling a single zigbee bulb with it, I have found that it works most reliably by directly binding it to the bulb I want it to control. In this way even if HA goes down the remote will still work. No automations to worry about either, it just works.

Once ZHA gets full group support I think you’ll be able to bind it to a group of lights as well.

I created an issue over at the zha_device_handlers project when I first got them and experienced the same thing. https://github.com/dmulcahey/zha-device-handlers/issues/98#issuecomment-505676253

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m using Lifx Lights in this instance, so no ability to simply bind them to the lights. I appreciate the input however, it’s nice to know I’m not simply doing something incorrect.

binding seems to do nothing for me for some reason

I usually have to try several times, and make sure the remote device is awake.

1 Like

Well I hope I am not jinxing myself lol, I changed my main router’s wifi channel on Wednesday to 11 and so far my Zigbee network has been rock solid. I remember now that back when I had my Wink Hub I couldn’t use channel 11 as it interfered with the Zigbee channel which is why I switched to 6. It never occurred to me to try something as simple as this. I guess I just took it for granted that with Home Assistant the Zigbee channel was the same as the Wink Hub. I am glad I asked the question now.

Fingers crossed, if any of you guys are still having Zigbee instability I would certainly suggest downloading a WiFi analysis app and checking out how crowded channel 6 is. If I run into any issues maybe I will try moving the Zigbee channel to 25

Happy Saturday !

I’m having trouble separating the right and left buttons on the IKEA TRÅDFRI remote. I see different zha_event ‘args’ for both (see below), but for some reason both buttons trigger the following automation. I’ve tried different ways of entering the ‘args’, but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any advice?

Right arrow/button event:

{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "unique_id": "0x1807:1:0x0005",
        "device_ieee": "00:0d:6f:ff:fe:62:50:cf",
        "command": "press",
        "args": [
        ]
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2019-08-19T00:32:25.590660+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "d344ee4083a34455aff7b04d3c66ba60",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Left arrow/button event:

{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "unique_id": "0x1807:1:0x0005",
        "device_ieee": "00:0d:6f:ff:fe:62:50:cf",
        "command": "press",
        "args": [
        ]
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2019-08-19T00:32:18.509855+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "8d9f0a3fa94745d7bbcfc019673b6db4",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Automation that triggers on either button being pressed:

- id: '1562807168430'
  alias: Basement Remote - right arrow press
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zha_event
    event_data:
      device_ieee: '00:0d:6f:ff:fe:62:50:cf'
      command: 'press'
      args:
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: light.toggle
    data:
      entity_id: 
        - light.basement_couch_lights_level
        - light.basement_entry_lights_level
        - light.right_overhead_lights_level
        - light.left_overhead_lights_level
        - light.basement_couch_lights_level

Would you believe it, 2 hours after we left for a 4 day camping trip on Sunday morning 2 lights became unavailable! It’s like it knew I was going away. Maybe it’s time to ditch the HUSBZB for a conbee sick

Have you tried looking at the RSSI and LQI as I describe here?

No I haven’t yet. I didn’t have a lot of time last week and now we’re away for a few days. I thought I’d try the wifi channel first. I’ll have to look when we get home

Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan Controller
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Wink-Enabled-White-Ceiling-Fan-Premier-Remote-Control-99432/206591100

I can confirm this is working but I was wondering if anyone is able to help me get the Light listed properly with Zha/HA. It comes in as a switch when it should be a dimmer. I didn’t see it listed in the device handler so I’m at a loss as to where the code is that supports it.

Thanks,

search this topic. Long time ago there was a post on how to override device type and make it a light instead of a switch.

@Skilly
Here is how I overrode it to show as a light instead of a switch. Put the following in your configuration.yaml

zha:
  device_config:                                                                                       
    00:22:a3:00:00:16:c9:c9-1:                                                                         
       type: 'light'

the 00:22:a3:00:00:16:c9:c9-1 is the unique_id for this entity in my core.entity_registry file.

One word of caution - I have recently noticed a few issues with this integration - not sure if something changed in HA, or ZHA-quirks… so beware

1. I have several wink fan controllers working as lights instead of switches, however I just bought a new and I can’t get it to override to a light instead of a switch… so not sure what changed
  2. Even my older wink fan controllers, that I have been able to override to lights, for some reason, I can no longer control brightness from HA. HA acts like it is setting brightness, but the physical brightness does not change - I can still use the fan controller remote to change brightness, so it works in the physical world but not via HA
1 Like

ZHA Device Handlers (a.k.a. ZHA Quirks) for Home Assistant is its own GitHub project,find it here:

If your device isn’t listed properly then it may require the development of a custom ZHA Device Handler

Most definitely isn’t the stick especially if it’s just the bulbs doing this. What kind of bulbs are they?

How do we go about getting a custom handler created? Is it difficult to create or port? I know from searching a number of other platforms like Smart things do have one for the King is Fans which is this device.

Can it just be copied or is someone aware of such things willing to help? I’d be happy to buy someone in the US a unit to help the cause.

Have you figured this out? I also want to try zha instead of deconz… I have a few ikea remote switch…
Where did you find the documentation to create this automations??

Also, are xiaomi pir sensors supported? With lux value? Can someone posted an example automation? Or is it the same as in deconz?

The only Zigbee devices I have are lightbulbs. I have around 26 EcoSmart Bulbs and 2 Osram Lightify RGB bulbs. I have 2 Z-Wave plugs that work perfectly

follow the directions in ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results - #1135 by Quatuor and posts results for the bulbs which go unavailable.

Are ecosmart bulbs full Zigbee routers or are those like Sengled just Zigbee End devices?

How do I set the debug logging for the required components? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am still learning HA.

I believe the EcoSmart bulbs do act as repeaters, I have them in the basement, main floor & second floor. For the most part Zigbee is pretty stable then all of a sudden I find 2 or 3 lights go unavailable