ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Does it become available again if you trigger it or press the button?

No, not available. Also Heiman CO Sensor unavailable too.
All other sensors worked fine in 2-3 days of test.

Heiman CO Sensor may return online after 2-3 hours after disappearing.

It looks like Heiman sensors go into deep sleep and donā€™t reply to ā€œpingsā€ from ZHA, when thereā€™s no traffic from that device for 2 hours.

1 Like

I thought so too, but is there a solution?

At the same time Heiman Gas Sensor is very stable, because on mains power. Also is router.

please give me the model for the heiman gas sensor so i can add it to confirmed devices list

Model: Heiman HS1CG-E

Hmmmā€¦ Maybe this has been part of my issue. Anyone know a good source to read up on the differences between bulbs paired directly with ZHA or using a Hue Hub?
Iā€™ve gone back and fourth a few times experimenting with mixed results. Iā€™ve scoured many threads but its like trying to put a puzzle together without knowing the end picture.

Hue bulbs joined directly to ZHA, as well as not supporting attribute reporting, are bad routers. In my large setup (80+ devices) they would drop maybe 1-5% of the packets/messages through the Zigbee network.

My advice for anyone with Hue bulbs would be to keep the hub! The bulbs will work much better in ZLL native mode on the hub, they wonā€™t break weird things on your ZHA network and polling/attribute reporting will work (albeit a little slow ~ 5 sec poll to hub)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @walt
I just swapped out about 9 Osram Lightify bulbs with Hue in hopes I could get rid of the native hub. :disappointed:
Iā€™ve got about 20 Hue lights in total.
All Hue lights on the Hue Hub have been stable, more so than Osram lights on the Osram hub. But things like trying to send multiple commands in sequence (dimming) seem to be a little slower with the Hub vs ZHA. Grouping was the big reason I stuck with the Hue Hub, but even with the recent ZHA groups it sounds like Iā€™ll still have issues with reporting.

ZHA groups have been completely unusable for me. I have a group with 8 devices and when trying to add a ninth, nothing happens. I tried following your suggestion regarding deleting all groups but nothing happens either - HA wonā€™t delete any of the test groups that I have created. I also attempted to remove individual members from the groups without success either.

They are pretty picky ā€“ If you get a delivery error when the group join/unjoin message is sent, it will hang the process. On rare occurrences you have to restart HA ā€“ Or if you factory reset a bulb while it is still a member of a group, it doesnā€™t seem to be possible to force remove it.

That said, I have 14 groups defined and have been using them now for a few weeks and they have been great. Large groups of bulbs tend to act like single entities and all react simultaneously now.

Anyone seen the recent Hue bulb vulnerability. I know there is a Hue update to patch the issue. My question is, if my hue is connected via ZHA vs the hue hub is it still vulnerable.

This is one of the comments from an article I read

The flaw was specific to Philips devices, but was associated with the Zigbee protocol, which acts as a translator, of sorts, between smart devices, ensuring they work with other smart hubs. (For instance, Zigbee allows Amazonā€™s Echo to control Philips Hue lights.)

Leads me to believe it would still be vulnerable but also not able to be updated without the hub.

My understanding is Hue are patched, all other zha may remain vulnerable. I believe the hack 1) ā€˜stealsā€™ a zha device be disconnecting and loading malware. 2) when owner re-adds the disconnected device, the malware can then be used to take over the hub, after which the hub can be used as a zombie on your lan. I would not assume that only Phillipā€™s hue hubs are vulnerable. All hubs attempt to use some form of the zbee standard, which is what the hack targets.

If you donā€™t have hue patches (aquara patches? Lol!), seems the only fix for now is eliminating zha devices, or blocking your hubs access to the rest of your lan. The latter wonā€™t save your ha stuff, but at least family photos etc will be safe. The latter also would make it less convenient to maintain and use the HA both locally and remotely (youā€™d have to setup like 2 vpns to go out and back, or use vlansā€¦ ie fancier network equipment and skills most donā€™t have on handā€¦ plus youā€™d need info on how to keep the hack from making it through your vlan ipset rules). For me, with only 6 cheaper zha devices, fortunately the former is an easy choice to makeā€¦ although we all know the WAF will go down if all zha get r&r with zwave or wifi. :frowning:

I am keeping up hope though that more info may come out the proves our typical USB stick setups are not vulnerable. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Is the IKEA Tradfri 5 button supported yet? Mine pairs but no zha_events are triggered.

I am unable to get a STS-IRM-250 motion detector working as expected.

I am using xbee s2b with latest coordinator software on a ubuntu based docker container. The coordinator registers as expected in home assistant ZHA integration and seems to be working. After pressing the button on motion detector to start the device connection, the device appears in the home assistant ZHA integration as ā€œmotionv5 by Smartthingsā€. I get a temperature sensor that seems to report accurate numbers but no motion sensor. I do get a ā€œias_zoneā€ binary sensor which toggles onand off every few minutes but I can not figure out what it means or if I can use it. How do I get the motion detection working?

EDIT: It was working all along as mentioned below. The issue was that the actual detector had something right in front of it so it would keep triggering and I assumed it was just randomly not functioning, and also I needed to create a ā€œdevice_classā€ attribute and set it to ā€œmotionā€ in Home Assistantā€™s Configuration -> Customizations.
EDIT 2: The battery power was being reported as ā€œunavailableā€ but I could see the ā€œbattery_voltageā€ attribute in the entity page so I ended up creating a template sensor as follows:

sensor:
 - platform: template
    sensors:
      motion_sensor_battery:
        friendly_name: "motion_sensor_battery"
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.smartthings_motionv5_xxxxxxxx_power', 'battery_voltage') }}"
        icon_template: mdi:battery

I tried it on a test HA running on ubuntu in a docker and it workedā€¦ Moved usb stick to a production server at a Rapsberry3 and could pair but no aha_events anymore. Not sure what causes that differenceā€¦ I do see logging in the ā€˜add deviceā€™ screen when pressing buttonsā€¦

Binary sensor is the motion sensor

Same here, it pairs fine and logs are generated in the add device screen.

Clicking buttons does nothing, and the device just show as offline