Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Ohw, ok. I was under impression any lower then 200 was bad… In that case, mine isn’t bad at all. Though in 1 meter distance it goes down to 120 :joy:

Thank God I have have 8 of those Ikea repeaters here :smile:

Does anyone get:

zigbee2mqtt:debug 2020-04-07 08:43:03: Skipping re-transmitted Xiaomi message

After a while? I think some sensors are being routed through the zigbee wall sockets acting as routers, I saw a github issue which said to change firmware on the CC2531 but it doesn’t do anything.

Are you able to explain in a bit more detail what you did to fix the issue? I appear to have Mosquito and Zigbee2MQTT setup correctly using auto-discover, however no devices show as entities for me.
I have installed Zigbee2MQTTAssistant and the devices show up there so I am not sure why they aren’t showing as entities.

It sounds as though you managed to fix the same issue I am currently experiencing.
By eliminating the Mosquito integration, do you mean deleting the integration and plug-in, or just the integration?

EDIT looks as though I have now fixed it.
Looks as though I have now fixed this.
I removed the MQTT config from configuration.yaml and removed the MQTT integration.
I then rebooted and added the integration again saying to discover and the plug has now appeared as expected. I have also added another test device and had it show successfully.

On reddit they said i would not need to flash the firmware of this CC2531 in order to get it woring with zigbee2mqtt

https://www.itead.cc/cc2531-usb-dongle.html

Is this accurate?

I have seen that claimed. I haven’t tried one though.

They aren’t difficult to flash though.

1 Like

See ITEAD of Sonoff fame now sells a very inexpensive Zigbee USB dongle that should work out-of-the-box with both Zigbee2mqtt and the ZHA integration

1 Like

i have several xiaomi zhirui downlights and bulbs, i can pair them all ONE BY ONE, if i add 2 consecutives on configuration.yaml i can only see the last one, if i add for example 7 i still can see only the last one. why this happens?

Mine arrived this week and it worked out of the box with zigbee2mqtt. I set up a Xiaomi Aqara Cube with it.

1 Like

Hello people and good Easter!
I think I have the same problem as many using zigbee2mqtt and home assistant, the pair\unpair of the Xiaomi devices and Ikea devices.
I have 1 CC2531 Coordinator, 1 CC2531 Router and 10 Xiaomi Plugs as Routers… As endpoints there’s more then 50, from Xiaomi to Ikea. It’s like a jungle where there’s no rules, every router and endpoint does whatever they feel like and you know what happens next… They work when they feel like it usually…
The question, the real question is:

What’s the best Coordinator, Router setup for the zigbee network using zigbee2MQTT?

Here’s a vision of my network:

Nightmare.

Thanks.

Hi,

For performance improvement you could skip the CC253x coordinator and go with CC26X2R1 or CC1352P-2 (haven’t been able to order this one on aliexpress). I’m unsure about using CC253x router for larger areas (mine is 100 sqm) as I only use a CC26X2R1 placed centrally for the last 8 months (instead of 1 CC2531 coordinator and 3 CC2531 routers that kept bugging when routes changed with less than 30 devices).

Current network includes 86 devices and works without a glitch (only Xiaomi, I’m unsure if adding different brands will affect reliability).

30 min after my last scan:

Where’s the best place to get that CC26X2R1? Europe, not china :slight_smile:
Thanks.

https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/LAUNCHXL-CC26X2R1?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuC4zZxLL0ZTU4aJQ6YsVh%2FfM3%252BXUb5w9uZfqzCNB74QQ%3D%3D

3 Likes

Still quite expensive :frowning:

Was expecting for a price drop but there aren’t many commercial integrations.

Any addons needed? Box, Antenna, Module? :slight_smile:

Any changes on the zigbee2mqtt that prevents the Xiaomi Routers to get endpoints, seems that only the Ikea Light, Router CC2531 and the Coordinator are getting endpoints…
I’m using the DEV version.

Nightmare :slight_smile:

It depend what you want :slight_smile:

I have the CC1352P-2 and got also antenna (improved the range but not as much as I hoped) plus I got 3D-printed case, but that’s not critical component :wink:

So far I am not using it in real. I made few tests and got noticably better range. But to switch from multiple CC2531s to single CC1352 I am waiting to have heating season finished. Do not want to break working setup right now.

I had not heard of the CC1352 previously so I looked it up on Aliexpress. I found this intriguing device

CC1352 and CC26X are quite the same devices. CC1352 dev board has na option to use external antena.

The device from AliExpress is somehow ready to use already. For Zigbee2mqtt you need supported controllers, which is the plain dev board from TI. So far I am not aware for CC1352/CC26X for any non-TI alternative. That’s why it is so expensive - similar to original TI CC2531 (50 EUR at Mouser)

CC26Xn certainly works for zigbee2mqtt.

I was wondering if the device on aliexpress might offer some other way into zigbee, but it is entirely unclear to me what is actually sent out eh ethernet port.

Does anyone know whether CC2531 version with an external antenna exist and work with z2m?
i just spotted one on ebay, it says it is 2531, not 2540, but it can be wrong.

i have a couple of remote sensors which won’t comfortably reach my cc2531 gateway, but if there is a version with an antenna it would be much easier.