Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Hi Kiwinol,

I’m super keen. Let me know how bud!

I’m interested in getting this up and running on my Synology via docker but looking at store.docker.com the builds failed 4mths ago. Are they available elsewhere?

EDIT: found it by downloading latest.

Can someone point me in the right direction, this automation is not working.
Its a aqara motion sensor

- alias: motion true keuken plafond aan
  trigger:
    platform: mqtt
    topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d000165fe40'
  condition:
    condition: template
    value_template: "{{ 'true' == trigger.payload_json.occupancy }}"
  action:
    service: light.turn_on
    data:
      brightness_pct: 100
      entity_id: light.keuken_plafond
1 Like

hi, what’s better? to use the mqtt topic or home assistants entities to trigger an automation. What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Hi, I am trying to add ecosmart bulb to zigbee2mqtt and receive “Device with modelID ‘� �P’ is not supported” is it still possible to still add it to code to node_modules/zigbee-shepherd-converters/devices.js ? Even with non displayable chars in the modelID ‘� �P’ ?

@lv-88

Would you be able to flash and post a couple sniffers to Norway for me if I order a couple + some extra gear your way?

Hey! Sent you a pm :slight_smile:

Hi, I am starting now with the home assistant and I am looking for the “best” ZigBee gateway. I already found some information about the DeCONZ, Zigate and this project, but I am a bit confused.

Could anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of each product?

Pretty sure this is discussed earlier in the thread.

Ok, I am awaiting the above 2 to arrive (the CC2531 and the debugger module). Also ordered this
Xiaomi Aqara Wall Switch Wireless Smart Light Control ZigBee Single / Double Key

My question is, given I have never tried/used Zigbee things, do I need something else to go Zigbee2mqtt? Like for example do I need the Xiaomi HUB of some sort and if yes - which one?

No, The CC2531 is a replacement for Xiaomi/Hue/Tradfri hub.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how I can find the release notes for 0.1.3 for hassio?

Release 0.1.3 notes

Awesome, not sure why I didn’t see that before :slight_smile:

That’s great linkquality has been added!

Hi All, wonder if someone can help.

I successfully setup Zigbee2mqtt on my Synology (via Docker) and tested with a Tradfri bulb and initially it all worked even the integration into Home Assistant, then I lost connection so restarted the container and now I receive the following error each time.

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-8-18 16:36:34 Logging to directory: '/app/data/log/2018-08-18.16:36:34'                             
  zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-8-18 16:36:37 Starting zigbee2mqtt version 0.1.3 (commit #c8c8417)                                  
  zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-8-18 16:36:37 Starting zigbee-shepherd                                                              
  zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-8-18 16:36:40 Error while starting zigbee-shepherd, attemping to fix... (takes 60 seconds)          
  zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-8-18 16:37:40 Starting zigbee-shepherd                                                              
  zigbee2mqtt:error 2018-8-18 16:37:43 Error while starting zigbee-shepherd!                                                
  zigbee2mqtt:error 2018-8-18 16:37:43 Press the reset button on the stick (the one closest to the USB) and start again     
  zigbee2mqtt:error 2018-8-18 16:37:43 Failed to start                                                                      
        {"message":"request timeout","stack":"Error: request timeout\n    at CcZnp.<anonymous> (/app/node_modules/cc-znp/lib
/ccznp.js:255:22)\n    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:315:30)\n    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)\n    at CcZnp.emit (event
s.js:211:7)\n    at Timeout.<anonymous> (/app/node_modules/cc-znp/lib/ccznp.js:234:18)\n    at ontimeout (timers.js:475:11)\
n    at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:310:5)\n    at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:270:5)"} 

I pressed the reset button (one nearest USB) and same issue. I have even rebooted the Synology and same error.

Running ls -l /dev/ttyACM0 in terminal on the Synology shows the following output:

crw------- 1 root root 166, 0 Aug 18 17:42 /dev/ttyACM0

My stick was kindly supplied by @scottdarby btw :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

UPDATE: this is my docker run command.

docker run \
   -it \
   -v /volume1/docker/zigbee2mqtt:/app/data \
   --device=/dev/ttyACM0 \
   koenkk/zigbee2mqtt:latest

Hi - I use one of @scottdarby’s sticks on a Pi and suffer from the same problem pretty regularly. So it is unlikely to be something to do with your docker.

Usually a restart or two (plus pulling the stick) sorts me out.

1 Like

I’ve attempted a number of restarts to no avail. Is it the type of stick/firmware?

No idea, I’m afraid, I’ve never had time to track down the issue.

I can only suggest a re-installation on a new docker container (though maybe try deleting the data folder first?).

1 Like

I would like to add support for a new philips hue device (modelID ‘LLC011’) but am using hassio and the Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt addon.

Where can I find?

node_modules/zigbee-shepherd-converters/devices.js

Deleted and re-created container, removed data folder contents and let it re-create, still getting the same error. No idea whats stopping it from working. Wondering if downgrading will work.

UPDATE: downgrading to 0.1.2 didn’t resolve the issue either. That was the original build I used prior to upgrading to latest (0.1.3).