Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Hmm. About the only other thing I can think of doing is restarting the machine that docker is running on - is that a possibility; did you try that?

Or maybe try another zigbee device?

Sorry - not being much help here :frowning:

1 Like

I think I have had this issue before, and it was resolved by re-flashing the stick.

This issue if I remember, had to do with the number of supported zigbee devices, and that led to @Koenkk reducing the number and it fixed it.

If you have the debugger, please load in the latest firmware and it should fix your issue.

Regards

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I donā€™t have the debugger Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™m hoping @scottdarby can reflash for me :slight_smile:

Is it possible to replace the current CC2531 with another one (same model)? Or do I have to pair the devices when replacing the stick?

Currently you would have to re-pair but I believe they are working on saving the pairings between flashing or sticks.

here is the sample in case of mosquitto broker:
mosquitto_pub -u youruser -P yourpassword -t zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/remove -m 0x00158d00023471a0

In @scottdarbyā€™s absense (itā€™s holiday season) is there anyone in the UK willing to flash my CC2531stick with the latest firmware for the cost of postage?

Even less effort is to do it though the HA interface

Did anyone notice about a half a second delay turning on zigbee lights (Compared with wifi connected devices)?

I have some led strips connected to HA via home assistant and just recently added a Xiaomi wifi bulb into the mix (not mqtt) but I have 5 Philips hue bulbs.

I notice consistently in the rooms where I have a mix of zigbee and wifi, the Zigbee lights always go on about half a second after the wifi connected ones.

I am going to check to compare going though my Hue hub its the same (I suspect it is)

I am in the UK. If you interested I can try helping you to do that. Which county you based and I can check how close I am to you. Might be easier with a drive than posting.

Regards

1 Like

Well that was easy. Ordered the CC2531 and the other parts to flash the device and a few sensors. Everything but the sensors have arrived, but went through with flashing and setting up in HA. Only issue I had was I had to manually install the driver for the debugger. Everything else went with out a hitch.

My main purpose for doing this was to get some xiaomi sensors in my setup, but to avoid the gateway as I donā€™t need most of itā€™s features, or they wont work so well here in AU.

On another note, the new Xiaomi Aqara Gateway seems to be up on AliExpress. This one has built in Homekit, and would be handy as we are an Apple household.

I canā€™t answer your concern as Iā€™m a bit behind you in terms of rolling this out at home. I just was wondering if those led strips are zigbee or WiFi. Can you comment on that?

All my LED strips are WiFi controlled but using 3 different controllers

1x Bruh Automation code on an esp8266 and an addressible LED strip
2x Arilux controllers for Colored LED strips
1X h801 led controller with Sonoff Tasmota firmware

Perhaps hit me up via a direct message or create another thread if you have any questions. I dont want to hijack this thread.

Is it normal to see duplicate mqtt messages per action? For example below I turn on my Hue light and then off again:

zigbee2mqtt/0x0017880110460c0f/set {"state": "OFF"}
zigbee2mqtt/0x0017880110460c0f {"state":"OFF","brightness":250,"color":{"x":0.529,"y":0.347},"color_temp":500}
zigbee2mqtt/0x0017880110460c0f {"state":"OFF","brightness":250,"color":{"x":0.529,"y":0.347},"color_temp":500}
zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00010aca1b {"battery":"97.33","voltage":2992,"linkquality":28,"click":"single"}
zigbee2mqtt/0x0017880110460c0f/set {"state": "ON", "color": {"x": 0.529, "y": 0.347}, "brightness": 250}
zigbee2mqtt/0x0017880110460c0f {"state":"ON","brightness":250,"color":{"x":0.529,"y":0.347},"color_temp":500}
zigbee2mqtt/0x0017880110460c0f {"state":"ON","brightness":250,"color":{"x":0.529,"y":0.347},"color_temp":500}

It might be related to this (unresolved) issue: Aqara switch click received multiple times Ā· Issue #298 Ā· Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt Ā· GitHub

Thanks tomba. It might be, I will keep an eye on that issue.

@Koenkk Iā€™m wrestling around with hassio and 2 USB dongles that keep jumping around in the system when the system boots up. After what Iā€™ve read, fixing that with hassbian is pretty easy with udev rules, but with hassio it is not an out of the box option to define how USB devices come up and how they are mapped.
Today I tried to apply this suggestion but the add-on wonā€™t accept it. Do you know if you are somehow limiting how the path has to look like? This is the message that I got:

zigbee2mqtt:error 2018-8-27 21:31:04 Failed to start
	{"message":"Error: No such file or directory, cannot open /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0012022476-if00","stack":"Error: Error: No such file or directory, cannot open /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0012022476-if00"} 

for the sake of completeness of information, this is what I see when I log into the host:

~ # cd /dev/serial/by-id/
/dev/serial/by-id # ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            13 Aug 26 21:11 usb-0658_0200-if00 -> ../../ttyACM0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            13 Aug 26 21:34 usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___0X00124B0012022476-if00 -> ../../ttyACM1

Many thanks in advance,

Thanks a lot for the bridge! I am running it now in a testing mode and it runs great.

The only question that I currently have: the devices are added by mqtt auto-discovery and I can see them in ā€˜Entitiesā€™ list of the user interface. But they do not appear in ā€˜entity-registry.yamlā€™ file. Is it an expected behavior?

The package for battery monitoring has created corresponding battery sensors and they did appear in the registry. I would like to have the sensors themselves there too. Is it possible?

Iā€™ve been running zigbee2mqtt for about a week or so now, and seem to have run into a bit of a problem.

Seems like my sensors are no longer updating. I have no idea whatā€™s going on. Seems like for some reason the sensors are just not updating. Iā€™ve tried rebooting multiple times.

I have some xiaomi aqara temp/humidity sensors. Clicking the button seems to sometimes push an update, but itā€™s rather unreliable.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? The issue seems to be with zigbee2mqtt itself. Once an updated reading is pushed through, home assistant updates fine.

yep I compared to zigate I was using before Iā€™ve also observed similar behavior. my aqara sensors donā€™t update as often as before. Canā€™t tell whatā€™s the cause tho