Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

They were update every 5 minutes, which is fine for my needs, and the window sensor would update when opened/closed. Now, they just don’t seem to work. Batteries are fine, and are reporting at 100% when I do get an update, but no idea why. I’ve even changed the zigbee channels so that my hue hub and zigbee2mqtt are not on same channels.

So this is what I get from my aqara lock when I just print the entire message to the log. Can someone with js experience help me get this to work? I really would like to get the lock status;

{ cid: 'genBasic',

data: 

{ '65281': 

{ '1': 3325,

'3': 28,

'5': 21,

'8': 4364,

'10': 0,

'100': 50,

'101': 255,

'155': 0 } } }

{ type: 'devChange',

endpoints: 

[ Endpoint {

isLocal: [Function],

device: [Object],

profId: 260,

epId: 1,

devId: 10,

inClusterList: [Array],

outClusterList: [Array],

clusters: [Object],

onAfDataConfirm: null,

onAfReflectError: null,

onAfIncomingMsg: null,

onAfIncomingMsgExt: null,

onZclFoundation: null,

onZclFunctional: null,

foundation: [Function],

functional: [Function],

bind: [Function],

unbind: [Function],

read: [Function],

write: [Function],

report: [Function] } ],

data: { cid: 'genBasic', data: { '65281': [Array] } } }

I have a Xiaomi Gateway…and I have the CC2531 setup as a Supervisor. I noticed that the Gateway picks up my door sensors a lot farther away…so…

A few questions:

1. Can I setup the CC2531 as a router…and if I do, will it pass to the Xiaomi Gateway…?
  2. If I use the CC2531 as the Coordinator…
    a. Can I use the Gateway as a repeater…?
    b. Can I still use the Speaker and Led lights of the Gateway…?

Thanks…as I I am confused on what happens to the gateway when running CC2531…

Has anyones Xiaomi button automations stopped working with the latest HA update? I can see the topic posted when I perform the action on the button but it’s not triggering my automation anymore. If I trigger the automation manually through HA it will trigger fine…

Any ideas?

No, remember the gw only accepts xiaomi devices. A router can be a xiaomi plug, i case you want network extension.

No

As a standalone device probably yes, but using the ha xiaomi component

Is on the title, very clear “getting rid of”

No problems here. I use Xiaomi buttons, cube, door sensors and motion sensors. All working fine with v0.77.2.

All good, I had a silly ‘winter’ condition and it’s the first day of spring here. :blush:

Hi,

Would it be possible to install this on the hue bridge itself ?

It runs openwrt.

Kind regards,

Xtremegamer

Figure out if you can run node.js in openwrt. With that bridge cpu i doubt that can do it without compromising the performance. Also there is no usb port to use the cc2531 device.
Only the cc2531 dongle is supported atm

It would be great if some rpi GPIO devices/modules will be supported.

you can use a cc2530 and connected it with its ttl serial port. in that case you should be able to connect it to a rpi/hue brigde if you manage to run node.js on it

Hi there! Running without any probs with latest firmware and some PIRs.

I can assist flashing USB sticks in Italy at cost of postage! :slight_smile:

Hi!!!
I’m using a remote control (dimmer) from Philips Hue :

When I press the dimmer button:

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-9-5 01:05:17 MQTT publish, topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x0017880103a510d5', payload: '{"battery":100,"linkquality":42,"action":"up-press","brightness":50}'

How do I pass the brightness value for the lamp?

The lamp :

- platform: "mqtt_json"
  state_topic: "zigbee2mqtt/<FRIENDLY_NAME>"
  availability_topic: "zigbee2mqtt/bridge/state"
  brightness: true
  color_temp: false
  xy: true
  command_topic: "zigbee2mqtt/<FRIENDLY_NAME>"

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-9-9 23:06:25 0x00178801033b6f89 (0x00178801033b6f89): 8718696449691 - Philips Hue White Single bulb B22 (Router)
zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-9-9 23:06:25 0x0017880103a510d5 (0x0017880103a510d5): 324131092621 - Philips Hue dimmer switch (EndDevice)

Hi, right away sorry for the long post.

I have this running now for a few weeks and in one part of my flat everything works perfectly but i cant get any “Xiaomi Door Sensor” working in other parts of my flat.

I have flashed the latest firmware and i am running the latest version of zigbee2mqtt (%VERSION%).
All Batteries report as full!

First i thought, sure just need to get some Zigbee Routers to extend my mesh network but this is not really working or i am doing something wrong.

This floorplan shows the location of my Server with the coordinator as well as my 2 Zigbee routers (a Xiaomi plug and a homebrew CC2531 Router) and some sensors.
The coloured zones show only the where the “Xiaomi Door Sensors” are working. For Example the Xiaomi plug in my bathroom toggles fine even tho no door sensor work in this room.
I Also have a temperature sensor there which works fine.

It seems to me that my routers dont extend my zigbee network at all or atleast the xiaomi sensors dont use this extended network.
A door sensor right next to the xiaomi plug (DF = Dachfenster, Roof-Window) doesnt work at all even tho as i said the plug toggles fine, the distance is 1m.

I also can see no real difference in coverage when i cut the power to my 2 routers.

Anyone have an idea what is causing this? I tried different positions for my routers but with no luck.
The numbers are in cm, so no really huge distances (Flat is arround 17m wide).
Most of the walls are made of plasterboard.

I also noticed “linkquality” payload, some device publish this information but some temperature sensors dont do this even tho they seem to work and update fine.

Some Examples:
Temp - Cupboard 	= Linkquality: 120  
Temp - Livingroom 	= Linkquality: 2
Temp - Bathroom 	= !! No Linkquality payload
Temp - Bedroom		= !! No Linkquality payload
Temp - Livingroom 	= Linkquality: 2
Door - Frontdoor 	= Linkquality: 23
Router - CC2531		= Linkquality: 2
Router - Xiaomi		= Linkquality: 5

Im really thinking now about just adding the coordinator to a pi and place it in the center of the flat or adding another zigbee2mqtt bridge with the spare CC2531 im using as router atm. But i dont have one of those laying arround to test this first.

I would definatly prefer a true mesh network with my current setup tho, it works fine for my z-wave relays and door sensors. But Since those are way more expensive and bigger/uglier than the
xiaomi stuff i would love to be able to use their sensors for the windows.

Is there someone in the Netherlands/Amsterdam with a spare + already flashed CC2531?

Or is it wise to buy the whole kit to flash updates myself?

I have one, flashed, used and ready to go.
You can have it at cost price + pp and packaging.

I’m willing to sell since I have build myself a CC2530 based coordinator with an external antenna.

1 Like

You’re not alone,I’m experiencing the same as you. If I move the routers closer (MUCH closer) to the coordinator, I get better link quality but it doesn’t help the reach to my farthest sensors.

I’m not convinced the routers are functioning correctly. I use two, both flashed with ptvo’s firmware.

It would be good to figure out what’s going on and to get a more reliable spread for these devices. I guess relocating the coordinator more centrally would be better but it seems the routers may have room for improvement.

Good to hear im not alone with this issue :slightly_smiling_face:
Since the reach of my coordinator is fine for the stick as far as i have read there really seems to be a problem with the routing, in theory they should extend the rage similiar to the original coordinator, atleast if the router has a stable connection to the coordinator.

Thinking about opening a issue on Github but i wanted to make sure im not alone with this problem and maybe its because of something i did wrong.

Yeah might be worth opening the issue to raise more awareness of this.

Did you “remove” the sensor from home assistant then re-pair them in their locations after the router was added?

1 Like