Ziggo mediabox next

My secret.yaml is ok. Checked
I can login with the Ziggo credentials on ziggogo.tv. Checked
Indentation is also fine. See below for part of my configuration.yaml.

# Discover some devices automatically
discovery:

# Allows you to issue voice commands from the frontend in enabled browsers
conversation:

# Enables support for tracking state changes over time
history:

# View all events in a logbook
logbook:

# Enables a map showing the location of tracked devices
map:

# Track the sun
sun:

# System health
system_health:

#Local IP
local_ip:

# ZiggoNext box
ziggonext:
  username: !secret ziggo_username
  password: !secret ziggo_password

# Sensors
sensor:

Do I have to use brackets, like ‘password’ or “password”?

Updated to the latest version.
See that there is an channel sensor. But that’s not displaying the channel. It’s unknown.

Only when start changing channel at the web app it’s showing the information.

Yup @silver323 I can confiirm that issue. The scripts i’ve seen have the same issue. Hopefully someon is able to investigate the ziggogo.tv website to determine what the difference with my component…

@Jeroom_De_Muelenaere I added support for BE version. See: https://github.com/Sholofly/ZiggoNext

4 Likes

@ramawa The components uses MQTT over TLS to communicate about the box state. Unfortunately it looks like your connection isn’t able to pass the messages through. That type of error isn’t something i can fix. It’s a network thing. Maybe one of the fellow users here can help you with that…

I get the following… not sure where to fix this

2020-01-20 11:59:46 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component ziggonext
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 174, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py", line 30, in setup
    api.initialize(_LOGGER)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 130, in initialize
    self.get_session_and_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 93, in get_session_and_token
    session = self.get_session()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 89, in get_session
    raise ZiggoNextConnectionError("Oops")
ziggonext.exceptions.ZiggoNextConnectionError: Oops

@sholofly Seems your component is getting quite mature. Will this component also be released as a hassio integration in the future?

That’s my goal. But I want to make sure it works properly. I’m going to do a fix this evening. If that works out as planned I’m going to make an integration that can be set up in the settings interface…

1 Like

Let me know if you need some tests done

1 Like

That’s a pity. Since I don’t have Belgian credentials I’m not able to determine where it’s going south exactly. Since it throws an exception in the connection. I will provide you a way of checking the urls soon.

I will. Thanks!

Thanks, I have made a typo in the password. Problem solved and everything is working!

Do you have a web interface where you can control your settop box? f.i. We have ziggogo.tv in the Netherlands

Yes, we use https://www.yeloplay.be/

@sholofly i just installed the latest version of your component, i am very impressed! it works like a charm, source is identified on startup, no need to connect with the webapp first, also changing source from the remote is updated very quickly!

Good to hear! Largest part of the credits are for to Basst85 who fixed it nodejs for a single box… It gave me a hard time to make it work for multiple boxes. In the coming weeks i will research if i can add my component to the core of HA using auto discovery :slight_smile:

I’ve just installed the latest version. Great work.
Source is only not recognized after an restart of HA. But I can activate it in HA with selecting an source.
So that’s nice.

Is it possible with the ziggonext sensor to add a 3rd state: idle/unknown for when the Next is playing youtube of nexflix? of maybe the attribute ‘content’ which is now always on ‘tvshow’?

this way is could create an automation when the state/attribute changes from playing music on youtube, or a serie on nexflix back to the normal TV playing I could send an IR signal to the receiver to change to another sound mode :slight_smile:

@sholofly what is the difference between your version and IIStevowII version?