ZigStar - ZigBee Coordinators and Routers

Connect it to your network, wired or wireless and login to IP address configure it. I’m using Z2M.

When you add it to ZHA it will ask about socket, provide IP address.

I’ve been using ZigStar V4 since 2021, and I’m very happy with this device. I have been using it in my NAS (Unraid) to forward it to a Home Assistant VM.

But recently, I’ve learned about C-states. I can save up to 80% of my power usage if I move this VM to a Docker container. I’ll do that, but another issue is the ZigStar V4.

So I think I’ll move to another device, the UZG-01 or the ‘ZigStar LAN Gateway Zigbee.’

Which one would be a better choice in terms of power usage?
Or are they equal in power usage?

Credit for wanting to save power, but have you done the calculations? My guess is that zigbee coordinators will not make any noticablie difference on your consumption or bill.

I have a UZG-01 with around 120 paired devices. It (momentarily) consumes 0.9 W via PoE in normal operation (at least that’s what my HP Procurve shows). I would assume that all ESP32 and ESP8266-based gateways are in a similar range. I don’t know the ZigStar V4 or the ZigStar LAN Gateway Zigbee, but the latter seems very similar to the UZG-01 (hardware-wise). Before spending north of 50 bucks for new gateway you should do the maths when this will break even for you. Aside from that the UZG-01 is a great device which I can only recommend.

PS: I really can’t follow why you assume that a dockerized installation will save you more energy than a (correctly configured) VM.

tnx for the data <3

@ps
i dont know why, i turn of the virtual machines and unraid goes into deeper Cstates sleep.
since my home assistant is running on the virtual machine i dont have the exact data.

Hi. @mercenaruss

Thank you so much for this great add-on! It encourages me to flash my coordinator. I haven’t dared to use the other methods so far.

So I don’t do anything wrong, could you please tell me what settings to choose? I use the Sonoff Dongle-P. I got it right that it can also do auto-BSL and I don’t have to hold a button, right?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,thanks.
You are right,you dont need to push anything,just follow instructions and select correct settings.

Any idea when the UZG-01 will be available again ? ElecCrow does not do IOSS, so it would be very expensive to order from there.

Thank you very much for the quick response. Can you show me where I can find the settings to choose or the instructions? To click the right ticks in the add-on window?

(It‘s your screenshot from above)

Are you in the EU? I got mine from ElecCrow, was not charged VAT and duty, I assume was already included

I managed it, no more help needed. Thanks for this great add-on!

I recently received a UZG-01 v0.3 and I had to move back to my Sonoff CC2652P usb dongle. The network was unstable with ~40 devices, most of which are routers. For some reason, all devices were directly connecting to the UZG-01 instead of hopping through other routers. Some devices kept dropping from the network, even some that were the closest to the gateway. The whole feeling was that everything was much less “snappy” than with the Sonoff dongle.

I haven’t had time to try to flash the uzg-01 to another version and spin up a second zigbee2mqtt instance, but that’ll be the next step.

1 Like

I took the risk and ordered one.

Yea I’m based in Ireland and didnt have any issues to be honest.

Since it is CC2652P7 variant, there is only 1 firmware which is not that great, so do expect some sluggish performance, but I do believe that is down to the actual firmware 20230507 version more than anything

1 Like

Currently is new firmware what is proved to be very stable.Soon Koenkk will release for public
CC2652P7 Firmware

Please flash last firmware from previous post i wrote.
CC2652P7 firmware

Thanks, will try it today

Dear All,
I received my UZG-01-POE 0.5 and struggling to get it to work… Goal is to have my coordinator somewhere else in the house, at a better location than my current USB serial SON-OFF setup.
I could update ESP32 succesfully and used latest CC2652P7 FW that Mercenaruss was mentioning yesterday:

When loading Zigbee2Mqtt, I have the following error message that seems related to a PORT issue. I am not enough skilled to indentify what I am doing wrong:

My configuration seems in line with the documentationn, though:

any help would be highly appreciated !!!

As linux is generally case-sensitive, try

port: tcp://192.168.1.194:6638

Thanks Francis,I noticed that but lower case does not help: same error message…