ZigStar - ZigBee Coordinators and Routers

both actually, but it went well then if I did the right thing I do not know

@Johan71 everything fine,for Zigbee firmware use ZigStar Multi Tool,most easy way to update.

I have received the last week and I’m pretty happy with it but I have also 1 question.

I’m not sure or I did in the correct way to change the db power. Below you can find a part of lines that is on Z2M addon config, not the GUI web.

frontend:
  port: 8099
experimental:
  transmit_power: 10
availability: false

I have set to 10 because I saw that recommendation.

1 Like

Yes I used it, do I have to disassemble it or can I update with GW assembled.
Then I saw that you can connect zigstar multi tool via lan instead of usb, can you also program it like that?

No need to disassemble ,everything is done over LAN network, using multi tool,you can backup NVRAM,update to new zigbee firmware.

1 Like

Hi !

Sometimes, the zha-network-card report the Lan GW ZigStar as offline … and it’s not the truth.
Do you have any suggestion to avoid this ?

Thx.

Hi! Any news on a restock for the LAN Gateway? Looking to ship to RO

1 Like

No any idea about ZHA, I’m using Z2M.
Maybe anybody else have this issue.
Will try to fix this in next firmware release.

Hopefully by end of this weak.

Hi !

I have quality problems on my zigbee network with the lan gateway.
I am losing probes that I have to re-pair.
The LQI reported by ZHA network map is very low : between 30 and 85 … and one sensor is at 1.5m of the gateway.
The RSSI is never reported.

I’m using ZHA configured with ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 : is it correct for the Gateway ?

Do you know how to verify the zigbee channels used by the probes and the gateway ?

Thx.

I’ve moved to Z2M.
The trouble is the same.
A sensor at 1.5m of the Lan Gateway report a LQI of 60 …
Channel 15.
If checked Wifi channels … 15 is a good choice.

So, what’s wrong ?

1 Like

LQI can’t be taken serious, not always this values are real. Most important is stability of network, you have package loose?some commands dont arrive?

If you still have troubles, contact me for support.

hi !

I dont know if i lost packets, but, with ZHA, i lost devices every day - have to pair again and again - less events on the device, so ZHA decide to mark them unavailable.
With Z2M, i dont have this pb anymore, its better … and Z2M is more pleasant to use … and more harder to setup.
I think that ZHA is good with zigbee gateway plugged on the USB but it’s not the best choice with Lan gateway.
I detect another pb with the power up : the power that can give the USB2 of my internet box is poor … I’ve tried my phone plug : the ETH led and red led inside are more brilliant …
And with this power source, the LQI rise.

So, right now, it’s better with Z2M and a good power source.

Thx.

1 Like

so I just bought a zigstar gateway to connect with HA but i get a failed message and doesn’t get connected.
I update the gateway to the latest 6.2 version, also tried another firmware update but still no luck.
I’m pretty much lost what else I could do without going the MQTT way, i would prefer doing it through HA directly.
I checked the LED on the back side and it’s showing green, so seems ok.

I’ve added Z2M in a docker environment and to HA, it works now :slight_smile:
I’ll go further this way, seems also a good way to integrate zigbee devices

Hi, my experience is limited with ZHA,but for sure is working,tested many times.
Anyways i prefer Z2M over ZHA.
Good that you solved the problem.

FYI, Koenkk has now uploaded an experimental firmware for CC2652P/CC1352P with a default set to 9 dBm TX power output (transmission amplification) and configurable up a max of 20 dBm TX power:

https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/issues/323

Sonoff’s CC2652P dongle with 20 dBm config is reported to work fine with Zigbee2MQTT but a similar 19 dBm TX power configuration in Home Assistant’s ZHA integration does currently not seem to work:

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy-znp/issues/119

Would be great if users with ZigStar CC2652P based products could test 19/20 dBm TX power output:

https://github.com/mercenaruss/zigstar_gateways/issues/12

https://github.com/mercenaruss/zigbee-stick-v4/issues/13

Long time no see! :see_no_evil:ZigStar POE Coordinator Case is designed at the moment. Hopefully soon will be released.

@mercenaruss, how much is your coordinator with the case and where can i get it in the UK. it looks interesting

Thanks

Hi,at the moment POE Coordinator is still not released,we are running some tests.
To make sure is doing his job.
Will be available on Github for you to assemble and later maybe will sell couple of pcs.

@naijaping How you dey?