ZigStar - ZigBee Coordinators and Routers

@mercenaruss, thanks for the reply, any link to the github or is there a waiting list ?

many thanks

Iā€˜m very keen on buying some of those PoE-powered ZigStar LAN-Gateways (plan on using them as routers to extend my Zigbee network to the garage and the cellar to place some sensors thereā€¦

If I have a ZigStar LAN Gateway will I be able to convert it to a POE Coordinator?

Trying to find a solution for this.

Any update when the PoE-enabled LAN-gateway will be available for sale?

1 Like

Hi,i received your direct message.
Today i release opensource version.

Project is available for assembly:
https://zig-star.com/projects/zigstar-lilyzig/

Hi,
I received a zigstars (usb) and got an issue I canā€™t understand:
For an unknown reason to me, I canā€™t paire any devices to a router. All devices are functional and could connect directly to the concentrator, but trying to connect any of them to any routers produce nothing, not even any kind of error.

Routers are Philips hue bulbs and innr bulbs, end devices are aqara switches, and weather sensors.

Thanks for any tips.
L.

You canā€™t pair a device with a router, you can only pair devices with your coordinator, this will happen directly or through a router.
The device picks itā€™s connection by itself and Aqara devices are known to stick to the first chosen connection.

What you can try is to start pairing mode on the coordinator and then bring your device very close to the router you want it to connect to and start pairing on the device. Most of the times it will connect through that router.
Then bring it back to its planned mounting position and check with your Zigbee map which device is connected to which of your routers or to the coordinator.

(The usual Zigbee recommendation is to position the device at or close to its final mounting position and start pairing from there)

Thanks. It cleared some misconceptions fro my side.

Anyone ordered a Zigstar LAN Gateway from the US? Mine has been stuck in FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY for several days now.

Thatā€™s normal. The customs team at Frankfurt sometimes takes up to two weeks.
Waiting on mine from the US, tooā€¦

I ordered the lan gateway but Iā€™m unable to connect to it. Using HA OS on PC.
Using the multitool (selecting erase, write, verify, auto BSL) and flashing coordinator firmware (CC1352P2_CC2652P_launchpad_coordinator_20211217.hex) goes through OK.

I cant seem to get the NVRAM command working. Do I need to press some buttons on the board simultaneously? I found the instructions not explaining that very well.
For NVRAM tools it gives me ā€œunkown errorā€. Same if connecting to another windows PC with USB (dip switches turned to 1).

When starting the zigbee to mqtt addon I get this error

Error: Failed to connect to the adapter (Error: SRSP - SYS - ping after 6000ms)

In the configuration I changed

mqtt:
  base_topic: zigbee2mqtt
  user: xx
  password: xx
serial:
  port: tcp://192.168.2.14:6638

I tried different serial port as well (1111) but result was the same.

Also the WT32 runs quite hot under the board, is that normal? Shows now 46 degrees.
The web server seem to work fine on the WT32 board.

I ran out of ideas, what should I try or check next?

Hi,
Update to last firmware for WT32: 6.0.4, you can do it from Tools ā€”> Update ESP32
DIP Switch position should be OFF, for Zigbee over Network and ON for USB Coordinator.

Yeah,is normal for WT32 to be hot.
If you ouf ideas and above is not working,then lets have a Anydesk sesion.

I updated the WT32 also already before, forgot to mention. Running the 0.6.4

I can flash the coordinator firmware using the WT32 (dips => 0) and using USB on computer (dips => 1) and it goes through ok. The NVRAM commands I have not managed, gives unkown error.

I have tried to connect using WT32 and USB directly. Alltough iā€™m not sure if HA OS has drivers for the usb chip. Windows didnā€™t recognize before installing the driver, HA OS sees it but I canā€™t say if recognized correctly (it comes and goes to hardware list when plugging and uplugging). But I did not manage to start zigbee with USB connection either (dips => 1).

I tried both z2m and zha. At least the z2m should not matter what usb drivers are or are not installed so I didnā€™t take down the HA OS and try with Ubuntu+docker and installing the USB driver.

When I try the NVRAM read command, the WT32 console shows this. Is it anymore hints what is happening? This module is new, it has only had power connected and flashed but nothing more.

[36820887]-> ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef ef
[36821878]-> fe 00 21 01 20

I would appreciate the remote support session! Can you PM me with further details?

I just noticed that there is bad soldering on the area where FLASH_Z pin is and measured that to connect to earth. Connects via soldering to radio shielding (or what is the term for that metal covering the RF ship). I suppose that is not by intention.

1 Like

Thanks for this,i will make usre this is not happening,anyways,is ground,no?

Yes that one pin was grounded. I fixed the connection with sharp soldering iron and is now running in LAN mode!

Huuuh, it took already forever for DHL to transit the package :sweat_smile:

Now need to start switching hue lights over to this.

1 Like

I just received my LilyZig - Zigstar, and was able to connect to it via IP/PoE fine. But I failed when trying to add it to my home-assistant via ZHA.

I get this:

Anyone can lead me in the right direction to get this up and running?
Thanks so much in advance!

When setting up the Zig Star Lan Gateway do I need to fill the address of my MQTT broker and login/pass in the MQTT settings field on the lan gateway interface?

It is not clear to me if it is needed or not?

Yes. If you are using it in LAN mode. And not usb.