0.73: Preview version new user system, Rachio cloud push and Lovelace goes wild

Today we’re releasing Home Assistant 0.73. First, let’s talk security. Home Assistant has a lot of power. It can control all devices in your house and know what you’re up to. That’s why securing it is very important. It’s not good enough to connect your instance unsecured to the internet and hope no one will find it. All ports on all computers are regularly scanned by bad actors. Please read our guidelines thoroughly and follow them.

In the meanwhile, we’re also working hard on the new authentication system. A preview version is included in this release, more info on our developer blog.

This release also includes a TON of love for the new Lovelace UI. Yes, it’s still experimental but daaang, it’s already so awesome that you should probably just go ahead and try it out. Thanks to all the devs who have jumped on this: @c727, @ciotlosm and @jeradM.

We don’t have time to go through all the changes in this release, but @ciotlosm has been keeping a very detailed changelog. I’ll just leave this screenshot by @arsaboo of the new picture-elements card and the Lovelace configuration:

![](upload://qJSS8KJTuJEMK8SUJ1lMQDak1a9.png) The new picture elements card.

And last but not least, @Klikini has upgraded Rachio support from cloud polling to cloud push! Now you’ll be able to get instantly notified of changes to your sprinklers. NICE!

New Platforms

If you need help…

…don’t hesitate to use our very active forums or join us for a little chat. The release notes have comments enabled but it’s preferred if you use the former communication channels. Thanks.

Reporting Issues

Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.

Breaking Changes

Beta Fixes

All changes

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2018/07/06/release-73/
4 Likes

Being able to tweak Lovelace and simply hit the refresh button is freak’n awesome!

4 Likes

Keep up the good work, always love the pace at which things get released (and so open too)

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!! I love Home Assistant and where it is headed. Going to try user authentication next. One question, I don’t think the docs accurately represent what happened to the Pollen.com sensor. Mine all stayed the same they were just appended with a _2.

Is this correct?

Thanks

We wouldn’t have this statement below if there aren’t any “security concerns/I’ve been hacked” threads, right?

The new additions to component lists seem very quiet for 0.73. No new additions that get me excited. Well, just Rachio and HomeKit and that’s about it… I will wait for 0.74 as I only have two Insteon dimmers and a receiver hooked up.

You should read the original blog post for all changes. The one on the forum is incomplete.

1 Like

:latin_cross: Holy mother of home automations… :pray:

That Lovelace UI is going :rocket:

Thank you guys for the hard work on this!

A post was split to a new topic: Automatic discovery

The correct assumption is I did read the real blog post and clicked “Continue Discussion.” All the changes are a lot more detailed compared to see if there are any new components for 0.73. I read the changes again and there’s not that much that is exciting.

Lovelace does seem interesting, but my home automation setup is barely minimal unless I have money for more products that I can make use of, such as Konnected.

Seems like Rachio still isn’t working?

rachio:
  api_key: 6axxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Getting an invalid config.

Same here. I double checked my config.

@dcnoren rachio is working for me, you need to configure the switch and binary_sensor to complete it.

Enabled username/password authentication and getting prompted for a username and passoword which works, but password is not masked as ***. Is it supposed to be so?

posting this only to show that even a total novice can begin to figure this out. I use a tablet in kiosk so I have to keep the panels uncluttered. this is just the first layout. will learn to customize more.

1 Like

I didn’t change anything, just restarted and it works…just now all my zones have an entity id with a 2 added to them…for example switch.back_yard is now switch.back_yard_2.

yea the old integration added the switches to the entity_registry.yaml for now you can remove those entries from that file and restart home assistant to remove the _2

1 Like

All fixed…thanks

Another change not mentioned in the release notes above that may catch people by surprise (it did me) is that the behavior of the lock toggle in the UI has changed. As of 0.73 the behavior is now reversed:

• the toggle is off when the door is locked
  • the toggle is on when the door is unlocked

38%20AM

previously it worked the other way round

For more information on this change and potential future changes around the lock UI see 73.0 -- lock status is inverted and the corresponding issue in Github https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/15276

2 Likes

Rachio is failing for me on all 3 components: hub, binary_sensor, and switch. There isn’t a lot to get wrong on syntax here. It was working before the update.

We just released 0.73.1 which removes the toggle. No more confusion!

4 Likes