0.84: Cloud webhooks, Wunderlist and USGS Earth Quakes

Same here. All my Xiaomi devices reading normally as open/closed

upgraded from I believe .80 and now lovelace wont show any views, it just shows the default view. Changing the ui-lovelace yaml to even a default config doesnā€™t do anything. Thereā€™s no ā€œconfigure uiā€ button anywhere, this is fun.

more fun, found configure ui, entered
lovelace:
mode: yaml

and now the lovelace ui is completely blank, canā€™t even undo it.
great. How do I undo itā€¦

After upgrading to 0.84.1, Home Assistant Frontend not loading with owntracks configuration. I had to comment the config to make it work. Not sure if its only for me.

device_tracker:
  - platform: owntracks
    max_gps_accuracy: 200

Read the complete releasenotes, not only theblog

This is because in 0.83 the owntracks platform changed. You need to change it.

device_tracker:
  - platform: owntracks

to:

owntracks:
3 Likes

Am I the only one who has run into issues in custom components trying to use the restore state feature? Looking through the changes, I think it may be due to:

Restore states through a JSON store instead of recorder (@armills - #17270)

I was using the custom variable component but it was failing to load on the import async_get_last_state line.

Looks like the component has been updated now, but is this change really a breaking change (at least with regards to custom components) as it seems to break from homeassistant.helpers.restore_state import async_get_last_state?

Thanks much :+1: I didnā€™t notice the owntracks config changes. But the HA log didnā€™t show any info about it. It used to show warnings on deprecated config entries, but didnā€™t see anything like that for owntracks.

I have some issues on 0.84.1 with parts of the UI not loading (not using lovelace) for several minutes. Generic camera, mediaplayers and history graphs take time a long time to load. Did work fine on 0.83.3. Any one else having these problems? Running a manual install on a raspberry pi 3 with stretch.

Iā€™m having exactly the same problem.
Frontend is not starting.

Iā€™m have an error with custom component with ver .84.1 used to work fine with .83.3:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 92, in get_component module = importlib.import_module(path) File "/usr/lib/python3.6/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 994, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 971, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 955, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 665, in _load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 678, in exec_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed File "/opt/jarvis/custom_components/media_player/broadlink.py", line 20, in <module> from homeassistant.helpers.restore_state import async_get_last_state ImportError: cannot import name 'async_get_last_state'

Iā€™m seeing an error in mqtt_json component as below. Any idea how to fix it?

- platform: mqtt_json

Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]: 2018-12-13 19:37:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading homeassistant.components.light.mqtt_json. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 92, in get_component
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:     module = importlib.import_module(path)
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:     return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _gcd_import
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 969, in _find_and_load
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 673, in _load_unlocked
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 673, in exec_module
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 222, in _call_with_frames_removed
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:   File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/mqtt_json.py", line 20, in <module>
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]:     from homeassistant.components.light.mqtt import CONF_BRIGHTNESS_SCALE
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]: ImportError: cannot import name 'CONF_BRIGHTNESS_SCALE'
Dec 13 19:37:15 HASS hass[24629]: 2018-12-13 19:37:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component light.mqtt_json

Got it!

Modified the config

- platform: mqtt_json

To:

- platform: mqtt
  schema: json
2 Likes

Anyone else seeing logbook not respect the excludes? I have time being displayed in logbook every second :wink:

MyChevy Component now working and no longer requires Selenium.
I tried this component out a few releases ago and the component would not even login to the website.
After upgrading to 0.84.1, it appears to have picked up an upgraded version of this component (1.0.1) which now works and works without needing to install Selenium.
Perhaps should add to the release notes.

1 Like

Just to follow up on thisā€¦ after clearing caches on my various browsers / quitting / restarting etc, Iā€™m getting correct behavior. Itā€™s weird however, there was a time where about every 3rd load of of a page, I would get random, ā€œgenericā€ lovelace page, the UI showing the actual state name rather than the entity-appropriate name (i.e, ā€˜not_homeā€™ vs. ā€˜Awayā€™ or ā€˜offā€™ vs ā€˜Closedā€™), and/or tap-actions not working.

Itā€™s behaving as though thereā€™s cache race-condtions and whichever wins gets displayed or somethingā€¦

Love the app, great work everyone. Unfortunately, this update 0.84.1 breaks the HA Client Android app. It returns an ā€œUnknown Error (code: 3)ā€ at the bottom and only shows the HA icon. Hope this gets resolved I rely on the app a lot! Happy Holidays to all you hard working superheroes!

Question to all users. Which method do you prefer? New storage or continuing with yaml?

Hi. It would be very nice to see the report of this issue with logs attached here: https://github.com/estevez-dev/ha_client/issues/new
It would help me to solve the issue. The problem is that Iā€™m on 0.84.1 and all works fine for me.

1 Like

i get this error

Error handling message: {'type': 'subscribe_events', 'event_type': 'state_changed', 'id': 1}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 66, in async_handle
    handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
  File "/home/pi/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 102, in handle_subscribe_events
    if not connection.user.is_admin:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_admin'