0.92: HEOS, Somfy MyLink, Genius Hub

Hello guys!

I believe there are missing documentation as broadlink component has a breaking change. Here, it did not work anymore since the service call has changed. Now all services must be like this:

script:

persiana_quarto_abrir:
    sequence:
    - service: broadlink.send
      data:
        host: 192.168.1.32
        packet: 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

Thanks.

It’s listed in the All Changes section … but given the magnitude of the change it made, you’re probably right that it should’ve been under Breaking Changes. It’s a new way of calling the service.

1 Like

Could use some help with a custom component after the upgrade to 0.92.,
The custom component is a modified version of HA’s mqtt cover that I call “my_cover”
(it simply adds templating to tilt status).
In 91.x I had my custom component at <config_dir>/custom_components/my_cover/cover.py
(nothing else in that directory, no __init__.py)
My configuration.yaml

cover:
   - platform: my_cover
     blah blah

and it worked fine.

Now in 0.92.0 I still have my custom component at <config_dir>/custom_components/my_cover/cover.py
(btw I did update my_cover/cover.py since the home assistant cover.py was itself updated),
and I still have the same configuration.yaml as above.
I blew away the __pycache__ and restarted HA 0.92 and noticed the _pycache_was not rebuilt
until I added the manifest.json file (at <config_dir>/custom_components/manifest.json) which is as follows:

{
  "domain": "my_cover",
  "name": "MQTT Basic Example",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/home-assistant/example-custom-config/tree/master/custom_components/mqtt_basic/",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": [],
  "requirements": []
}

Now with the manifest.json the __pycache__ builds and I get the UI logger showing
You are using a custom integration for my_cover which has not been tested by Home Assistant from loader.py
But when I invoke the UI Configurator Validation Check Config I get:
Platform not found: cover.my_cover
and of course my_cover entities are not being created. I’m at a loss as to why the my_cover platform is not being found …Any suggestions?

With the new ingress method I don’t get to see the top blue bar on the addon-frame that lets me minimize the left menu-bar. Is that somehow configurable? Mostly the (otherwise perfect) node-red add-on now gives me less screen real-estate than before, making it harder to have a good overview of complex flows.

1 Like

interested in this too, let me know the outcome :slight_smile:

I do use the flux component also but in my case the problem seems to be the custom component for Google Music. It was created as a custom switch. Weird I’m not getting any errors. Even if I start HA then add the custom GM switch back in, I can check configuration and HA says everything is fine. Upon restart it just hangs… No errors, just seems to freeze halfway through loading.

I removed the GM custom switch and now HA starts without any issues. My flux lights are working fine

Please Help. I can’t seem to make my Broadlink devices work with the new format. I get the following error:

voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: not a valid value @ data['packet'][0]

Previous code:

south_patio_shade_down:
   sequence:
     - service: switch.broadlink_send_packet_192_168_1_55
        data:
          packet:
            - "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" 

New Code:

south_patio_shade_down:
    sequence:
      - service: broadlink.send
        data:
          host: 192.168.1.55
          packet: 
            - "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" 

Full error looks like this:

Thu Apr 25 2019 13:50:28 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Error executing service <ServiceCall script.south_patio_shade_down (c:b1e9d20791254898b18311c6719dea17)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1147, in _safe_execute
await self._execute_service(handler, service_call)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1160, in _execute_service
await handler.func(service_call)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 114, in service_handler
context=service.context)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 172, in async_turn_on
kwargs.get(ATTR_VARIABLES), context)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 131, in async_run
await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 210, in _handle_action
action, variables, context)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 299, in _async_call_service
context=context
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 89, in async_call_from_config
domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1118, in async_call
processed_data = handler.schema(service_data)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 267, in __call__
return self._compiled([], data)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 589, in validate_dict
return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 427, in validate_mapping
raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: not a valid value @ data['packet'][0]

Guess the new Broadlink code is more critical of the packet data. Adding a single = to the end of my data string made it work

Hi, I updated to version 0.92.0 but on reboot it gave me an error of “Unable to connect to Home Assistant” white screen and blue icon in the center.
I downgrade to the previous version 0.91.0 and everything started working again.
No error in the log.

Strange!!!

That is not what the docs say.

I think you need an empty

__init__.py

Hi @nickrout

i clarified with devs about the conflicting doco and yes its optional for Custom Components. Have done a PR on the dev docs to show its optional, just waiting to be approved

Bugger I just did a pr too.

1 Like

I tried the __init__.py too…one with comment only, one with DOMAIN = “my_cover”, still not working.

re-reading your post above, you have changed your cover.py file. Are ownership and permissions ok?

Looking at permissions, they are the same as they were previously when it worked.

Another FYI from the log:
[homeassistant.loader] Loaded my_cover from custom_components.my_cover
With no other errors showing up.

Looks ok then?

Hi, I just upgraded my dev instance from 0.91.2 to 0.92.0 and my BOM_Forcast has stopped working, my production instance is still working.

Check config says : Integration bom_forecast not found when trying to verify its sensor platform.

I originally set things up using Australian Weather Forecast using BOM Public FTP

1 Like

to @ nickrout and pergola.fabio I have a fix :slight_smile:
HA’s cover.py (that I basically copied into my_cover/cover/py and modified) itself had a change I didn’t catch.
They changed a couple of import statements to be relative to the local directory (which didn’t work for my custom cover.py), and all I had to do was to change them back the way they were before.
For example:

from . import (

changed to

from homeassistant.components.mqtt import (

All is well again.

Has anyone noticed incorrect time in 0.92 update? Ever since I updated to 0.92 I can see the time shown in error logs is lagging by an hour.

Anyone experiencing the same?