SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

I think you need different unique_id for 1st Floor HVAC and 3rd Floor HVAC

duh. …man I must have tried every trick in the book - except proofreading for an obvious oversight.
Thanks @saadbashir
that works!

I would just try one of the existing code sets available in the repo and modify it to suit your requirements I have modified them before as some machines dont have all the same modes.
For example, one of my aircon units doesn’t have a dry setting, so I just removed the dry section entirely from the file.

HI , i’m updated to hassio 0.92, i belive i have done all the updates in my settings, can anybody tell me what is wrong in my setting that i dont see?1 2 3

so, apparently it’s all ok now.
I have found out that I had a spelling mistake in one of the climate files (wrote contorller_data insted of controller_data), once fixed and restarted everything is working fine Now :wink:

Thanks again to Vassillis for the great component

1 Like

SmartIR on hassio 0.91.3 get this error when try to send command:

ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.smartir.media_player] (ServiceNotFound(...), 'Service broadlink.send not found')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/smartir/media_player.py", line 249, in send_command
    await self._controller.send(command)
  File "/config/custom_components/smartir/controller.py", line 75, in send
    'broadlink', 'send', service_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1115, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: (ServiceNotFound(...), 'Service broadlink.send not found')

Can not find broadlink.send on my services, just switch.broadlink_send_packet_IP_ADDRESS

Broadlink.Send was introduced in 0.92.0.

Couldn’t find it in breaking changes in the release notes but it seems they updated the docs for the Broadlink component.

I’d suggest you to update to 0.92.1 and forget about setting this component for 0.91.x and earlier versions as sooner or later you’ll have to change, otherwise use the older versions of this component.

You haven’t pasted the complete code so I assumed you have defined smartir first. A dash is also missing before the platform: smartir. Please make changes to the following example available in the documentation:
Source: https://github.com/smartHomeHub/SmartIR/blob/master/docs/CLIMATE.md

smartir:

switch:

• platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.10.10
    mac: ‘00:00:00:00:00:00’

climate:

• platform: smartir
    name: Office AC
    unique_id: office_ac
    device_code: 1000
    controller_data: 192.168.10.10
    temperature_sensor: sensor.temperature
    humidity_sensor: sensor.humidity
    power_sensor: binary_sensor.ac_power

Tks,

actually all my files are broke down to one file per climate, so i dont need the "-“ before the platform.

but again, tks anyway

how can i add fan to lovelace like climate card?

Thank @gurbina93. I can not upgrade hassio to 0.92.1 because it has an issue with broadlink rm mini 3 (https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/23386)
So is there any older version of smartir works with hassio 0.91.3?

I am running 92.1 and its working fine, you just need to use broadlink.send

Hi,

SmartIR is very interesting to me but do you plan to use any other controller than the Broadlink? I’m thinking also in some DIY device with an infrared emitter for example with an ESP8266 chip. Has someone done such integration with SmartIR?

Thanks!

1 Like

You can try this one from a couple of months ago:

You can always looks at previous versions in “History” or commits in top right corner of the files in the GitHub repo and look for previous versions.

1 Like

What is ur broadlink model? It seem to affect Mini model but pro model work fine

On 92.1 it works fine with the RM mini. I still have a problem with the IR codes for one device, but TV, as well as climate are working fine.

I have an rm mini as well

@paddy0174 @brent0np could you guys take a look in this topic. Thanks
Can not add Broadlink rm mini 3 to HA 0.92.1

pretty sure there was a fix in the 0.92.1 for the broadlink component…

I don’t recall using my rm mini on 92.0 as I only ran it for 2 days, so it may not have worked. I am sure it works now though on 92.1. When I run into issues like this I try and start again with the device code. Rather than carry code from 91.3 read the readme again and write code from scratch. It always helps me and rarely is it a platform issue.

@brent0np actually i install hassio 0.91.1 on raspberry at first and i got the problem with adding broadlink rm mini 3. Then i have to downgrade hassio to 0.91.3, and the broadlink work fine except the broadlink.send thing.
Anw, i will take a snapshot and try to upgarde to 0.92.1 again. I will let u guys know the result soon. Thanks @brent0np @aidbish1