2023.5: Let's talk!

Also Ecowit stopped working.

Setup failed for custom integration ecowitt: Unable to import component: cannot import name ‘async_get_registry’ from ‘homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py)

1 Like

Its still using the old registry methods that were deprecated in Feb 2021. The code needs to be updated to use async_get instead of async_get_registry. Please open an issue with the custom component.

Edit: looks like there is already an issue fail to load in beta 2023.5.b0 · Issue #149 · garbled1/homeassistant_ecowitt · GitHub

1 Like

I just dropped the Roborock HACS integration thinking I’d get the same thing back with map etc…but so far nothing…just start/stop and mop intensity… :frowning:

2 Likes

Yup. Did the upgrade and every phone and tablet in the house went mental as all the entities were dropped. Then mental again when I added them again. And now every person is mental as all their routines are broken since dropping the entities also stripped them out of the routines. So they all need to be set up again. Bit of a pain to say the least…it’s year of the voice alright…but all the voices here have an annoying high pitched whine…

12 Likes

same as when the reolink came out, not all can be added in the same release. Only one platform can be added at first.

Updated and my ELKM1 and Notion integrations failed. No amount of restart/reboots seems to fix them and nothing in breaking changes about those. Reverted to 2023.4.5 and all working again. Will update and grab diagnostics on my next try.

I had a strange issue on my Intel NUC running HAOS. I have my data on an attached NVMe, copied there using the HA function in the settings menu.

Right after the update and running the new version, I got this scary message. Not sure what to do:

REPAIR ISSUE
{reference} is a filesystem with the name ‘hassos-data’ and is not the active data disk. This can cause Home Assistant to choose the wrong data disk at system reboot.

Use the fix option to rename the filesystem to prevent this. Alternatively you can move the data disk to the drive (overwriting its contents) or remove the drive from the system.

Confirming, all entities vanished from Alexa - and new UI to add them is pretty spooky and bugged.

Also, ONVIF integration stopped working with my Arenti camera, couldn’t get it back to work.

Rolled back for now, as badly I want to try new voice things, it doesn’t worth it.

4 Likes

Now the “old way of using History page” is officially removed:

Earlier there were TWO use-cases:

1. Open the page → check History of all exposed entities (defined in “history.yaml”).
  2. Select some entity → check its History.

Now we have ONE use-case:

1. Open the page → select one/or more entities → check its/their History.

There were proposals in Community like “give back a possibility to show pre-defined entities” - but this functionality was simply removed.

This change in the change log states:

Refactor handling of exposed entities for cloud Alexa and Google assistant:

• Existing cloud Alexa and Google assistant entity settings will be migrated from cloud store to the entity registry

So if any of you have to re-register anything with Alexa and Google Assistant, then there should be a bug.

Has any of you made an issue on Github already?

Something funky from beta that hasn’t been closed out yet:

There is an official Ecowitt integration by the same author as the HACS one. I’d recommend to migrate to it anyway.

2 Likes

Tuya integration is broken in 2023.5.0

Actually @pvizeli is the codeowner of the HA Ecowitt integration. The author of the custom one, @garbled1, has not updated the integration since 2021, and it is really unlikely that he will update it now. So many PRs and issues already waiting for approvals and fixes… So the only way forward really is to migrate to the official one.

Edit: As a fair warning, migrate to the official one before updating to 2023.5, because the integration cannot be removed on 2023.5 for the same reason why it fails.

1 Like

This shouldn’t have happened and that’s a bug. Did you by any chance run any of the betas?

3 Likes

Sonos support for voice assistant? 🥹

6 Likes

I should have this added in the next major update Through a select entity.

5 Likes

Ok, I am now very confident that 2023.5 broke my Apple TV integration.
Once I saw the new voice features last week, I tried to get my hands on it before the official release but the minute I had it running, my Apple TV integration stoped working and couldn’t get it to work no matter what I tired. restored from a day old back up and waited till today for the official release. But… as soon as I installed the new update, Surprise Surprise! my Apple TV integration died again!

Does anyone can provide some information about non NabuCasa Cloud Google Assistant ?
I expose my devices to Google Assistant through Yaml, will this continue to work ? Does the new UI works with it ? Will overwrite it ?
I will wait before upgrading to be sure that will not break something …

10 Likes

I also had this problem. But the solution was easy… Just delete the HACS appletv part (reboot) and rely on the main branch appletv built-in to HA… Note I did have to repair my 4 apple TVs through…

2 Likes

Amazing to see the progress with Voice Assistants! One question - can USB devices like Jabras be hooked into Assist yet, in the way they can for the Rhasspy addons?

I understand wake word detection is still in the works, so currently Assist needs some sort of manual trigger (push to talk via esphome, mic button tapped in Assist dialog, phone receiver being lifted for VoIP).

But until we have wake word detection, it would be awesome if there was also a service to trigger Assist which would then listen and reply via a selectable USB mic/speaker.

Keep up the amazing work everyone!

1 Like