2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! šŸŽ‰

Iā€™ve been playing around with the new Sections layout for the last few days and it looks very promising! I believe the card resizing feature is on the way, which is also nice.

The thing I noticed is that Badges fit the Sections layout perfectly in terms of UI/UX, but the Badges themselves are quite unusable, as there is no editing, conditional badges or even a possibility to change a badgeā€™s name. I really hope the UI team will do something with Badges, prefferably make them similar to Chips in the Mushroom cards in term of UI/UX.

Looks like card resizing may be in the 2024.3.1 release thatā€™s to come. From what I can tell itā€™s in 20240307(Release 20240307.0 Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub) frontend release but 2024.3.0 released with 20240306 frontend.

Edit: what year is it currently? Oh right 2024. :man_facepalming:

You too? Sometimes my mind even comes up with the wrong millennium. Iā€™ll catch myself writing ā€œ1994ā€ or something.

Please do not engage them. This is not our first rodeo with them. Thanks.

5 Likes

I like the Drag and Drop sections dashboard, would be great to be able to resize the sections and cards.

• If I want 2 Gauges in one section row I have to use a horizontal stack card. But itā€™s not possible to drag and drop cards into the horizontal stack card. Thatā€™s sad.

• I also need a section that is as wide as two other sections, but itā€™s not possible to resize the section

But great feature so far!

Have you restored FFPlay that was removed in February releases or are we still releasing broken software?

See:

Localtuya is broken since the update, reverted back and it work. Tuya integration no problem.

Have you or anyone written this up as an issue? The forums is not the place to report bugs.

Local tuya is a custom integration, please report this to the owner of that integration.

Please report a bug with the logs in the repo, canā€™t see any report there so far

I donā€™t know how many Devices you have connected to Protect, but reinstalling fixed it for me. Completely removed Protect from UDM-P trough SSH, then switched back to Official and reinstalled.

Seems like the .1 release hasnā€™t fixed the todo list issues I commented about here:

I still have the same problems and errors. Although there were one or two fixes included in the release that were supposed to address these time zone issues that myself and others are having.

I havenā€™t updated to .1 yet but I did fix the todo list manually.

its a custom one using the Power Flow Card Plus as @fabiankrauss mentioned. I just recreated the standard one and added the pieces i needed on top

1 Like

I have chosen that card and get that error, i have just updated to 2024.3.1 last night so will try and implement again now.

All my zwave lights and switches died with this update with no way of bringing them back but downgrading (hopefully). Sensors seem to work though.

Is anyone having problems with their To-Do lists? I have 3 off them and only the shopping list is showing?

Looks like HA deleted them in the update.

Hope not as I had a lot of information there.

Yes others have seen this: To-do lists unavailable

Thanks Tom. I have logged a bug report. Should I remove it?

Looks to be a timezone error

Since I upgraded to 2024.3.0 My harmony things donā€™t work neither integration nor within node-red.