💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

New update 4.3

New Features :new:

Added the ability to use another condition in night lights called “Entity State” :partying_face:. Night lights have 3 conditions now.

• Entity State
  • Time
  • Sun Elevation

The entity must have an ON state to activate nigh lights. So now you can use “Do Not Disturb” on your phone, a helper toggle, a switch near your bed, a bed sensor etc to activate night lights. More information can be found in our FAQ or Click Here for more information.

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed an error when transition was disabled like shown below. This was probably when you are using zigbee2mqtt.
Transition value 0 is not valid.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for that awesome work and constantly improving this blueprint! :slight_smile:
Just a minor thing i want to point out there is a typo in the change log date of V4.3.

1 Like

No problem, there was a lot of work (code changes) in this release.

All fixed

1 Like

Thats great to hear, i faced issues with the combination of yeelight and nightlight functionality previously. Let me check tonight if this is gone now. If not i’ll come back and post my logs.

awesome! :slight_smile:

this integration can do 'Time Travel` as well :rofl:

1 Like

New update 4.4

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Fixed an bug in crossover transition from “night light to normal lights” and from “normal light to night lights” using wrong transition selection.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Well seeing as you’ve released several new versions while we’ve been talking I decided to update to the latest, delete the automation and start it from scratch and it works! Shame we will never get to the bottom of the problem, but I’m happy that is working perfectly now. Thanks so much for all the time you put into your automaton blueprints

Good news!! If it work then I take that :+1:

No problem at all, your welcome. Thanks for letting us know :+1:

Enjoy

Blacky :smiley:

Thanks for your reply and explanation, @Blacky. So in my case I have a variety of ‘kill switches’ for each automation. Stuff like ‘disable downstairs light automations’, ‘guest mode’, etc. It looks like with the current blueprint you can have just a single by-pass? Based on your description of by-pass, seems like that would be sufficient when it comes to achieving my kill switch functionality, but I am constrained by the limitation of allowing only a single entry.

I recently upgraded the blueprint and am seeing an odd error. I did just try to delete the respective automations, delete then re-add the blueprint, and add back one automation.

error:
Error rendering variables: UndefinedError: ‘dict object’ has no attribute ‘entity_id’
(Source: components/automation/init.py:608)

YAML:
alias: Motion - Closet Mommy
description: “”
use_blueprint:
path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
input:
motion_trigger:
- binary_sensor.lumi_lumi_motion_ac02_iaszone_5
light_switch:
device_id: b81a458eeafb2b29e1e02a4aab11ae66

@hassuser99

In “Lights - Switches - Scenes” you can’t use areas or devices. You will need to expand down to entities.

Please see “The Settings & Best Practice Guidelines” Click Here as it will guide you on “How To” :wink:

@dimatx

Thanks for your suggestion “More Than One By-pass”. I will add it to the list.

For now you could and “entities” card to your dashboard with a top toggle and name. This will turn ON and OFF any entities in the card. You could have one for downstairs, guest, upstairs, all light automations, all automations. It will be easy to manage then. :wink:

You could also use areas but name them how you like example area name “Light Automations Downstairs - By-pass” Then put all your by-passes in that area and you can turn on and off areas in automations.

@Blacky

Thanks, everything is working again. I am not sure what version I upgraded from, but I changed all the previously working ones from “device” to “entity” and everything is working as expected again.

This is my go-to blueprint by far!

My next attempt will be trying to use a humidity sensor (set as a binary sensor helper) to leverage as my “bypass” device. (Am not asking for assistance, as I prefer to tinker and figure it out on my own first). But too often my wife yells at me when she’s in the shower and the lights go off on her. :slight_smile:

Thanks again! And another ask to add to your list
 Would be great to be able to use a template value for brighness + color. This would make this blueprint work better with ‘Adaptive Lighting’ integration on HACS.

@hassuser99

Love it :hearts:

If you are not sure what version you came from if it is not to much trouble I would recommend a clean install of your automations. This way it will clean up any existing YAML configerations that may cause problems.

In the FAQ under " UPDATES OF BLUEPRINT" it will list all the things that were needed to be done. But again if it has been a wile sometimes it is easer to just redo the automations :wink:

Yes this can be done, but I respect you would like to tinker and try and work it out. In any case if you run into troubles just post a message and I will be happy to help. There is one thing I will say, if you haven’t checked out my :shower: Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan then it is realy worth a look. There are 2 blueprints I realy like, this one and the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan blueprint. I think they are a must have, and spoiler alert I am working on the Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan blueprint now.

No problems :+1:

I don’t use Adaptive Lighting, but I know a lot of company’s are including it, like Apple, Philips, etc. I think they do all the hard work and all you need to do is to turn the light ON and it will adjust as required. Maybe I should look into it further to get a better understanding.

:+1:. You’re correct about how adaptive lighting works. The reason being able to use a template in your blueprint for brightness/color etc, is that currently, the light will turn on with defaults and then adaptive lighting will adjust it. That adjustment is noticeable. If I can use the adaptive lighting desired brightness, color etc, then your blueprint can turn it with the desired parameters and avoid the immediate adjustment by Adaptive Lighting.

@dimatx

This looks like it may be an “adaptive lighting” or the lights your using bug, issue or setting. When you don’t choose any lighting control options in this blueprint, the light will just simply turn ON with no lighting data input :wink:.

Not sure of the lights your using or if there is a setting in “adaptive lighting” but maybe there is a setting that is “Restore previous light setting when turned OFF” that you can untick. A lot of lighting controls sometimes have an option like this. This way the light will get new data every time the light tuns ON :thinking:. Maybe have a look around for this.

Hope this helps

Hey Blacky. The behavior you’re describing is exactly the current behavior. However, it’s not the desired behavior :blush: When the blueprint turns on the lights it has two options (no lighting data input or static lighting data input). (Excluding the night mode). However, the desired result is to turn lights on with dynamic lighting data provided by another entity. For example, at 5pm, the temp may be 3000K, at 6pm it may be 2900K and at 7pm it may be 2800K. So the desired result is for the blueprint to be able to pass in a variable value for lighting data. Does that make sense?

I use Blacky’s blueprint and the same HACS adaptive lighting. It works just fine for me, except that the adaptive lighting settings kick in about 1 second after the lights turn on. So if it’s late at night, for example, lights will come on full brightness then a second later adaptive lighting kicks in and changes the color and brightness. Not completely seamless, but it hasn’t bothered me.