There’s so many cool little door sensor hacks floating around that I thought it might be useful to have a meta thread? Like this one.. I really like the Aqara ones, which are small, cheap, and reliable in my experience.
I’ll add the one’s I know about, and add one I’m just playing with.
Edit: Added from this thread:
6. Rain Gauge
7. Water Level
8. Bed Occupancy
9. Smarter ding-dong-doorbell
10. Power loss sensor
11. Kidde smoke alarm interconnect sensor
12. State sensor for dumb air con
13. Chair Occupancy Approach #2
My new (?) sensor:
Tilt sensor (using ball switch):
- Yes Xiaomi have proper multi axis tilt sensors.
- This one is a bit dumber, a bit smaller, a bit cheaper.
- I’ll use it for my blinds up/not up state.
Sure you could figure out a tidier solution, but not too bad like this. It doesn’t quite fit inside.
Have you seen others around?