Airtouch 4 integration (AUS)

I found I was having the same issue as Steve61.
I added the Version number 1.0.0 and now its no longer having the version error, however its still not showing up under integrations.

Logs show
2021-06-29 15:24:54 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration airtouch4 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Edit:
Got the integration working and now can see AirTouch4
For some reason its showing the temp at 154c when the sensor is showing 19c
I have tried all 3, airtouch4-integration, `airtouch4-integration2, and code review. Can’t seem to change the mode from heat/cool etc

having this same issue, LonePurpleWolf (sam) any insight to this?
Havent had the pleasure of using this as of yet however appreciate the effort put into this and the constant assistance above! :smile:

Hey @danielklewis87

Afraid I have absolutely no idea, sorry. This way of installing an integration is (entirely) unsupported, so the only advice I’d have without being able to get more details/replicate the issue would be to wait until the integration is in home assistant core.

Random guesses - with regards to ‘not being able to set to heat/cool’ - airtouch won’t switch on if you don’t have any zones turned on (in HA, this is zones set to ‘fan only’ mode), so thats one possibility… with regards to the temperature, another random guess is maybe the zones aren’t set to temperature mode and are instead set to vent % mode, which is unsupported & untested (at the moment, would love to get it working in the future)… but these are just totally random guesses!

Hi guys, thanks @LonePurpleWolf for the python work!

I have been trying to retro-fit it to an AirTouch3 control and have run into a road block or perhaps its just my understanding, anyway i was hoping it was going to be as simple as modifying the TCP port to 8899 in communicate.py from airtouch4pyapi, but no luck, seems to just timeout, has anyone else figured it out? Leaving it as default on port 9004 shows the error connection refused.

I knows there’s a few other ways but Im preferring this python way before circling back to the other ways

@SnaileeWhale I haven’t had a look at Airtouch 3, but with the Airtouch 2 Plus, the locations of all the information in the TCP packets is in different places. I wrote the python library to (try to) be somewhat flexible with this, and so provided that the same information is there, it would be possible to redo the packetmap to fit any airtouch system. I don’t see it being outside the realms of possibility (based on what I’ve seen) for this integration to eventually support all the Airtouch systems, but I have been focused on getting just one going so far (and am already struggling to find time!)

Totally understand and was hoping it was not the case re: packet map, I know @ozczecho managed to make a docker container running on .Net for 3 - AirTouch 3 Local Integration

but I have even less of idea how that one is decoding as it doesnt seem to use a ‘packet map’ not that my .Net is any better :smiley:

@LonePurpleWolf - What’s involved in getting group zone percentages (for the dampers) working? is that something I could help out with? I’m not great with python but could have a look into something for you if you need an extra pair of hands.

Hi @Snozzle

Based on my understanding, ignoring approvals and PRs and other non-technical blockers, for zone percentages, two things would have to happen - airtouch4pyapi · PyPI would have to be enhanced to support setting and reading zone percentages, and then a cover entity for each zone would have to be created/implemented in the home assistant integration - definitely open if someone else wants to have a crack…

The cover stuff will (hopefully) be alot easier to implement once this initial PR makes it into HA core - if you’re keen, the biggest problem right now is that I haven’t had time to address the latest (3rd…) code review on the PR… Airtouch4 integration by LonePurpleWolf · Pull Request #43513 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Hi Sam.

If putting the files into a Custom_Components folder is not supported, can you point me to advice on where they do go? (RPi with the HA OS.)

Appreciate the effort you have put into this. Wish I was competent in Python to help out.

Hey @Steve61 sorry if I was a bit unclear - what I’m really trying to say is that the ‘proper’ way to install it is as an integration in home assistant once the PR gets merged - I’m really just trying to set expectations that the way everyone is getting it working right now is just a (somewhat technical) workaround due to how long its taking to get it into HA - if you can get it working then that is fantastic as every single person who gets this running on their own installation no problems verifies the fact this works, but ultimately I’d rather focus on trying to get it into HA rather than get everyone to walk through the complicated steps to manually install. Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

Certainly does make sense and I am looking forward to the day it is integrated (probably not as much as you).

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey mate, Thanks for all your work getting this integrated!

Anyone watching this thread, just an update to say there’s a new version available with a fairly large chunk of changes due to the pull request review (no big new features yet I’m afraid, just more opportunities for bugs!) - biggest change is that the library now works asynchronously - this should mean if your airtouch freezes/is slow/other slowness happens on your network, your home assistant installation won’t freeze. You should also get slightly faster updates to the AC entity if groups turn on/off and that causes the ac to turn on/off.

its just in the airtouch4-integration branch of my forked repository, anyone who is willing to brave it and verify there’s no new big scary issues, it would be much appreciated!

Fingers crossed this is the last big PR review - if it ends up sitting there for months again, I’m thinking I will give up and go the custom integration route… sorry to everyone its taking so long (I’m at least as frustrated as you!)

1 Like

Hi Anthony,

Can i just ask how you ended up getting it working. I am pretty familiar with HA and custom components but for some reason, when i take the files you have linked above and added them into a airtouch4 folder within the custom_components folder, (after reboot) i am not shown any new integration, and cannot find the Airtouch integration in the Add New (button)… if possible, can you spell out for me what you did to get the integration to show up. Thanks

@Mikkaat I had a lot of trouble getting the integration to show up but eventually it did. No idea why but I’ve got it installed now and it’s working really well.

Thanks @LonePurpleWolf for the awesome work and sorry for my extreme hiatus - I had started using netcat command line switches for control but you’re python solution is way better. Only issue I’ve noticed is a few errors which you’re new code likely addresses. To install the new version, do I just need to copy the new files over the top of the old ones in my custom_components folder and restart?

1 Like

Hey @LonePurpleWolf, how you holding up? I saw that there are some notes and comments on the PR… Recon you will tackle them or go down the custom integration route?

You are doing great work and no pressure. Let us know if theres anything we can do to help, even if it is to buy you a beer!

Hey @LonePurpleWolf , been testing out the integration and appears to be communicating fine with air touch controller without issue

However have noticed that over time the air touch controller app will slow down and eventually crash while this integration is enabled.

This didn’t appear to be the case prior to the update that introduced async operations. Not saying its that causing the issue only that the issue started after updating to that version.

Anyone else getting this kind of issue?

Arvo everyone.
Yes I’m seeing the same problems with the latest code - the AirTouch app on the console becomes unresponsive and eventually crashes, plus the IOS app becomes unusable after an hour or two.

1 Like

I’m alright! Sorry for the radio silence, been pretty flat strapped in the bill paying job :wink: yeah the guys had another round of pretty substantial feedback - frustrating, but hopefully it’ll ultimately lead to a better outcome. I’m gonna try and keep going the core integration route as seems like the PR has a bit of traction now. I’ve taken a few days leave off work for this week, and hoping to spend the holiday jumping back into the feedback on the PR. @salty2011 @timbo thanks for the feedback and trying out the new version - youre saying your airtouch wall controller gets laggy on the latest branch? Mind if I ask if your airtouches are up to date with the latest versions (1.2.5.1 and 1.0.1.7)? I’ll try and dig into this as I jump into the latest round of PR comments. Also someone tagged @sibowler had a crack at a PR for percentage control to the API (is that you @Snozzle?) Thanks to whoever gave it a go, I will endeavour to check it out this week

1 Like

@LonePurpleWolf , Glad you are fine! let us know if you want any donations / tips for your work aswell :wink: really would like to buy you a beer!

1 Like