Airtouch 5 Integration (Aus)

You would need to contact Airtouch support and they should send someone out to carry out the console update for this issue.

May be a common issue as mine does the same. drops wi-fi until reboot

a have some integration idea.
1 I want to see the damper % without clicking on the damper.
2 I want a temperature entity so I can add some cool automations to my aircon

You can do also this with custom cards, well the percentage part can be for sure as I have mine showing it.

If you have temperature sensors in zones you can easily clash with the Airtouch logic by trying to mess around with that stuff too much, doing basic things like turning the system on if certain rooms are at temps etc isn’t a problem though.

what do you mean custom cards. hacs?

Thanks Danzel for the great work on creating the integration and pushing it through to the core repo.

I don’t want to trample on the official integration, but thought I’d share the initial release of my AirTouch 5 integration since I’ve been working on it off and on again for almost a year (mostly off the past few months!).

The integration can be added via HACS as a custom integration to allow more rapid development and evolution.

It is my intent to set this up as a combined AirTouch 4 and AirTouch 5 integration, although the AirTouch 4 protocol is not yet implemented.
One novel feature that I haven’t seen in other integrations is automatic discovery of the AirTouch on your network. No more looking up IP addresses!

The integration hasn’t been extensively tested so let me know if you have any issues.

@TechnicalMike, I agree with the comments that changing damper positions as a general rule is not a good idea when using the AirTouch, but it is supported.

If you want to give it a try, the custom integration I just published (see my comment above) supports setting custom damper positions via cover entities. You can then swap back to temperature control by setting a new target temperature via the corresponding zone’s climate entity.

I also have this issue! Seems common based on these comments.

This looks awesome, thanks! My AirTouch and Home Assistant server are on different VLANs. What firewall rule/s do I need to allow discovery or is it possible to manually specify the IP address of the AirTouch? Thanks.

Discovery uses UDP broadcast. You’ll need to allow UDP broadcast to port 49005 (and UDP unicast replies back to the same port number).
The integration binds on all interfaces, so as long as the PC running Home Assistant has a network adapter on the VLAN it should work.

I’ll add some notes about discovery to the README for the next release.

I don’t currently allow manual configuration of the IP address but it’s something I have on my TODO list.

Thank you. In the firewall I’ve set up multicast forwarding between the two VLANs on ports 49004 and 49005 and have allowed traffic between the AT and HA devices. I can now see UDP traffic between them on port 49004 (I have an AT4 with an AT5 tablet) but the integration says it can’t find an AirTouch system. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just saw this in the HA log, which explains it!

Discovered AirTouch 4 device. AirTouch 4 support not implemented yet.

Yeah, looks like I forgot to update the README. I do intend to implement support for the AirTouch 4 but at this stage it’s a bit less than just “untested”…

It’s good to know that the discovery is working for AirTouch 4 though!

Depending on how much time I can find before I go back to work, I’ll be aiming to get an AirTouch 4 release out soon.

That would be awesome. If you need a tester I am willing and able.

i prefer the other one

well i haven’t use it as i need to add it by ip

custom cards?

I originally set it up wrong where it was connecting to the Tablet. and I fixed that but in the last week I noticed the issue you are referring to where Homeassistant refused to talk to the airconditioner. I went to use the console on the wall (the airtouch 5 tablet) but it refused to connect to the aircon. The console also refused to connect to wifi and i ended up rebooting the console and this seemed to resolve the issue.

A rep told me recently this is a known issue and they’re working on a fix but it hasn’t yet been Android-approved. Fingers crossed it is available soon.

Is there anyone else that has installed a Supply Air Sensor between the fan coil and the first damper that measures the actual temperature supplied to each room? Is there any chance we can get those optional wired temp sensors (#1 - #4) pulled into HA or at least displayed on the homescreen of the native touchpad?

I had a look at the API and I can’t see anywhere that the console or wired sensor temperatures are published. Looks like they only come through if the algorithm has selected them as the primary temperature sensor for controlling the AC.

I don’t think they are visible anywhere in the official app either. If you can find the wired sensor value in the official app then I should be able to get it into the home assistant integration.

1 Like