Aqara Curtain Driver E1

@KCYeoh
Well the issue it that it is not working fine!
The open / close operation is possible from HA / Z2M, also the curtain position and the battery state are reported correctly.

However the required setup calibration (definition of start/stop positions of the curtain and curtain direction left-to-right or right-to-left) is not possible! For this to work you’ll need the Aqara Home app and the Aqara Hub but even if you set it up in the Aqara universe it’s not possible to afterwards re-pair the device to Z2M without losing this information. :worried:

I thought you mentioned the open/close limits can be set by pressing the physical button?

For the open/close direction, I think it is not deal breaker as I can actually reverse the way it hooks up to the curtain.

Limits: Yes, the limits can be set by pressing the physical button on the device but without the app you can’t follow the steps of the calibration process so it does not really help.

Direction: If you mount the device the other way round you will block the light sensor with your curtain and the direction will be shown as the opposite direction.

Thanks for the feedback. So it means without the app, setting the limits sounds impossible?

Yes, you got the point about the reversing hooking. I guess we have to ‘reverse’ the opening/closing distance, i.e. 100 is closed and 0 is opened. Does this sound doable?

2022.8.0 + ZHA let’s you reverse the open/close direction; yay!

1 Like

Don’t know if this has been in a recent firmware update, but pressing the reset button 3 times in quick succession reverses the rolling direction.

1 Like

Hi, I just got my E1 driver and installed at my curtain. So far no issue in integrating to z2m. Setting the travel limits also no hassle though bit tricky.

Uhm. So, I bought 2 of these. I have Conbee 1 attached to a NUC and HA 2022.8.6 version installed. I’ve never used any curtain or roller shade products (or any HA Cover products actually) and I’m a bit lost. I have a feeling that something is not working, but since I don’t know how they should work, it’s a bit tricky to troubleshoot.

So ZHA integration finds the driver and it says it’s integrated successfully. I get the device there and the cover with up and down arrows and the square button. But none of them do anything. Nor does the thing broadcast any state.

So basically I have no way to control these. If I click on the physical button on the product, it starts to move without any problems. But that’s it. It doesn’t know when to stop and so on.

My next move will be to upgrade the firmware on the Conbee 1 but if that doesn’t help then I’m out of ideas.

EDIT: Damnit. I’m on the latest firmware (from August 2021) already.

EDIT2: Apparently I can’t pair them with the Aqara E1 hub either. I got the hub in a bundle when I bought the drivers and figured I’d try that, even though it’s not the best idea to create another Zigbee network. But no luck there either. Quite troublesome.

Any suggestions?

Where do you got to change the direction? I can open and close them just fine in HA but no idea how to make it reverse?? I just physically have one turned around right now… does the trick but would be nice to have them both facing the same way.

You don’t see this?

Lol, I do, guess I wasn’t looking there at that drop down!

Update: Ok this is weird, only one of them has that control option…

Different question, have you seen where you curtains will just stay in a closing state? Like they don’t change from closing to closed? Wondering if something is off with the calibration of these. Not sure I set them up exactly right, as in what was your process of actually doing the setup, did you start with the device in the open position, then move it to the closed position and do the triple click on the button to set max range? Just wondering what steps you followed?

I have noticed that it doesn’t report its state very quickly. Pressing the identify button may help. And I noticed that service calls work far better than the buttons in the device controls. Aka, my lux-based automation to open/close works great, and so does “Hey Google”. But pressing the buttons (in HA) might not unless you press identify first. No biggie, since this is such a new device.

I followed the instruction booklet to manually set them up. Took a couple tries, resetting in between, before I figured it out.

Great, I reset and deleted both devices then re-added them thinking I would be starting over… now neither has the reverse control lol :frowning: UGHHH

So I got my left and right curtain motor setup and they seem to have good open and close positions… Only problem is, they are reversed, so when I open them, HA says they are closed and when they are physically closed, HA says they are open. I still don’t see the Configuration section on the device for either now :frowning:

You are using ZHA? What version of HA?

I have using ZHA, on the latest stable releases,

Home Assistant 2022.8.7
Supervisor 2022.08.5
Operating System 8.5
Frontend 20220802.0 - latest

Also fyi, when I go to add it/pair it, this is what it detects,

LUMI lumi.curtain.agl001

Might be best to enable debug logging, re-pair and submit an issue on GitHub.

Are your open and close states matched to your open and close buttons? Oddly enough if my curtains are closed and it’s status says closed, then slide the slider to the right to a value of 100 to open them, it works fine. But in that same scar io but hit the open button itself, it tries to close them again, it’s like the slider and status are good, but the open and close button are backwards?? I’ll post some bugs… hopefully it will help improve the integration

I have noticed the same thing with z2m. Using service calls to open/close work best for me.

I did the other way round. I first make sure the driver is in full closed position, triple click the button and it will move slightly till it hits the stop position and sounds a long beep. Then, I manually pull the curtain all the way to fully open position that I want and it will sound another long beep and this will be my full opened range.

This is how I set the travel range and I only have one driver at the moment. The second one is in shipment. But I think the same procedure should apply even with dual drivers according to the manual.

I did find the manual tells the different thing as it says it will move itself towards the full opened position and set the opened position when you pulled the curtain by ~10cm. For my case, it didn’t move and I have to manual pull them.

Hope it helps.