Aqara Curtain Driver E1

1 Like

Thats pretty awesome!

Slightly off-topic, but I’ve just moved to Home Assistant Yellow (was previously using Odroid w/ a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle). I use ZHA and my Aqara E1 Curtain driver, was sort of working with this custom quirk.

Anyway, had a couple of devices not reconnect after I migrated ZHA to the Home Assistant Yellow radio/coordinator. So I re-paired them, no trouble - except the Aqara E1 Curtain driver. It just will not pair. I’ve tried re-pairing other devices in the same room and they were all discovered without issue.

I’ve tried holding the button on the unit for 5 seconds until it flashes blue. I’ve tried holding it for 10 seconds (I read somewhere this powers it off) and then holding for 5 seconds again. Nothing that I’ve tried works.

Long shot, but is anyone else having issues with the Aqara E1 Curtain driver when used with Home Assistant Yellow?

Anyone got the Aqara Curtain Driver E1 working with deCONZ?

No and it will probably never do.
You might want to look into Zigbee2MQTT or ZHA instead.

Hello
Does anyone have problems with Aqara Curtain Driver E1?
For some reason, every 1-2 days it disconnects from the Z2M, the signal becomes weaker and the device simply does not respond to commands
To resolve this issue,I have to do factory reset, and then I can connect again. But it’s working only for 2 days.

Nope, and I have 4 of them. Connected through Zigbee2MQTT, connected on a ConBee2 stick. What hardware do you run, and what is your Zigbee2MQTT channel configuration?

I have the same problem. I have 3 aqara blinds motors working with SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus for ZigBee2MQTT. But every 2 or 3 days this blinds leave the network for no reason and a must to configure these again.

I have a zigbee shutter with similar issues. Work around is to create a zigbee group in z2mqtt, even if you create a group of just one.

Let me know if it works for the aqara too.

Thank you! However, it worked slightly differently for me. I had to manually stop the driver at the end positions using my hand to calibrate it because my curtain trail is longer than the desired travel distance for the curtain. Your hint finally put an end to my struggle. I had been attempting to use the calibration option for hours without fully grasping how it functions. Now it works as it is supposed to be. Cheers!

1 Like

Can anybody explain what is the right way to calibrate these things? (Without the Aqara app, of course; I am using z2m).

I heard about tripple clicking the button and yes, it beeps but it is unclear to me what the right steps are. Do I need to move it to open position, then 3x tap, then close, 3x tap? Or other way round? Or something else? If I move it to a random spot and then tripple click, what happens? How does the curtain know whether it’s open or closed?

Similarly z2m exposes “Limits Calibration” with “Start”, “End”, “Reset” buttons but without giving any explanation or instructions whatsoever. Not clear when to click Start/End or Reset and whether this has to be done in conjunction with some other operation (e.g., manually pulling the curtain driver, clicking Open or Close etc).

For me they just end up stopping at random positions which is frustrating and I am trying around to push the buttons in certain order but without knowing how they are SUPPOSED to be used it’s hard to make this work.

1. make sure the opening and closing is in the right setting (go to ‘setting(specific)’) to change it
  2. use the open/close to adjust the motor to where you want it to be fully closed
  3. press on reset
  4. press on start
  5. use open/close to adjust the motor to where you want it to be fully opened
  6. press on end

used this today and it worked well for me

2 Likes

So I got the rod version today and was successful in pairing it in ZHA and also setting the limits manually using the three-button-press procedure that is described in this thread – thank you very much to the community!

I am left with one rather significant issue however: In HA, I can only open and close the curtain by using the percentage slider, not the regular open/close controls. When I use the latter, nothing happens. Anyone else have experienced this?

1 Like

Yes! I’ve just got a HA Yellow which uses ZHA and am slowly migrating hardware across from my old RPi, which used Zigbee2mqtt. It worked flawlessly before but now I’ve got exactly the same problem as you.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not alone :slight_smile: I also tried the ZHA Quirk that was posted further above, and while it did improve some aspects (i.e. I can now see the battery percentage), it didn’t change the open/close behavior at all and it still only works when using the percentage slider. Sadly, my Google Assistant integration isn’t working for the same reason – “Hey Google Open the Curtain” does nothing.

I have the same problem as @Hotelk posted above here

Every several days the device stops responding and I have to reset it and reconnect (and of course set it up again). This is very anoying.

Workaround (by @Aut1 here) by adding it to zigbee group does not work - the device does not respond to this (timeout) even when other things work at that time.

The same happenes when running on Rpi3 and on Intel i3 CPU under Proxmox.

All other devices work ok.

I have Sonoff USB Dongle P with coordinator firmware 20220219.

Do you have any ideas what to do? Thank you for your help!

I had also problems with the E1, but my Dongle P firmware was older then yours.
I updated yesterday to firmware version 20230507 removed the zigbee device and re-added it.
Now both E1 curtains are showing temperature, battery and correct number of their state.

So, you can try updating your Dongle P to see if that also works for you.

1 Like

Unfortunately updating the Sonoff P dongle didn’t help – I’m still having the same issues that the curtain driver doesn’t react to simple open/close controls (in ZHA).

So I got this (sort of) working now via Z2M. Dual/double/two curtain mode not working when pulling the curtain though. I create group helper in HA, so automations do work.

Does anyone got this fully working with double sided curtains?

Apart from pulling, yes.