• capitalsmarthomes.com.au

General List of Z-Wave Products:

Vendor Products in Australia:

• Aeotec
  • Fibaro
  • DHS
  • GOAP/Qubino
3 Likes

I was hoping at least one of them would be a reasonable price. Sonoff switches for example can be found for USD 5-15, while the cheapest ones in Australia seem to be AU$45 wall switches still, which is a bit steep to use all around a house.

Hopefully one day we can get standards compliant stuff that isn’t 5-10x the price of stuff in other countries :frowning:

2 Likes

Had no dealings with them but heard of these guys today:

http://www.3asmarthome.com/products

Good to know someone heard good things about them. I’ve seen those brands of switches on ebay and amazon in my searches, but couldn’t find anyone who had used one.

I hadn’t realized they sell in-line switches too. I’ll have to check those out

Just to be clear, I’ve not heard good (nor bad) things about them, just heard of them recently. :slight_smile:

I have ordered few of them without the Hub, will see if I can get it to work with Hue bridge.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/nue-home-bridge-zigbee-3-0-support/53537/10

Ah cool. I just emailed them a few hours ago and got a response already, I wanted to find out if they actually follow the zigbee standard or were something special like the Xiaomi stuff; they said it works with their nue bridge and samsung smart things, but didn’t answer my actual question.

If it works with smart things though it’s probably going to work without their own hub.

@anilet can you post back here when you’ve tried them out?

As a Kiwi, we have very similar, if not identical, regulations. While it is fun tioplay about with sonoffs, I have seen a few of them (online) that have gone on fire, and I have had enough of insurance companies after our earthquakes to in any way give the f***ers any wriggle room.

So thanks for this thread!

4 Likes

Good news,I got the In ceiling light controller to work with HA without their hub.
I had the Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adapter - Model HUSBZB-1 usb stick I bought some time ago and set up zha.
Out of the box the controller was detected as switch and I could switch off but not back on.
I had to force HA to detect it as light to get working with the help of Quatuor

zha:
  baudrate: 57600
  usb_path: /dev/ttyS1
  database_path: /zigbee.db
  device_config:
    00:0b:57:ff:fe:92:e5:a8-1:
       type: 'light'

and here’s bellows devices output:

Device:
  NWK: 0x6a9d
  IEEE: 00:0b:57:ff:fe:92:e5:a8
  Endpoints:
    1: profile=0x104, device_type=DeviceType.LEVEL_CONTROLLABLE_OUTPUT
      Input Clusters:
        Basic (0)
        Power Configuration (1)
        Identify (3)
        Groups (4)
        Scenes (5)
        On/Off (6)
        Level control (8)
        Poll Control (32)
        Temperature Measurement (1026)
        Pressure Measurement (1027)
        Diagnostic (2821)
        Manufacturer Specific (64513)
        Manufacturer Specific (64514)
      Output Clusters:
        Ota (25)

It did not work with Hue Bridge or Lightify.

Awesome! I ordered an elelabs thing a week or so ago. I’ll order some of these things to connect to it now too.

Thanks!

I hate it when companies have websites with no advertised prices. They’re trying to force contact to sell you something, but I’m actually not going to contact them at all if they do this.

4 Likes

TP-Link WiFi Plugs & Bulbs:

Yeah it is pretty frustrating. There looks to be some hints here:

http://www.3asmarthome.com/smart-home

I have bought a few bulbs from them in the past and they work fine with HUE-bridge.

I have as well the NUE-bridge and had problems with the setup. The tech support from 3asmarthome was very quick by mail (usually a response within hours , even on Saturday)

I currently don’t use the NUE bridge as my lights work perfectly with the HUE-bridge. I don’t have any light switches from NUE

Very true, it freaks me out as well. there is a store on Ebay, prices seem very adequate. just slighly more expensive than Broadlink and the likes but these are certified for AU

Thanks for the hint on www.3asmarthome.com - seems like they can solve all my problems if i can make them work with Home Assistant!
I have been looking for wall switches. Belkin only has 1-gang and is expensive. So far using a 2-gang broadlink but they are not certified so it is a bit dodgy.
These guys even have scene controllers which i was unable to find from anyone else!.

Just wondering if anyone tried pairing 3A zigbee devices with cc2531 universal bridge? I’m mostly using this bridge now.
I wouldn’t ming buying the Nue bridge, but if there is no integration with Hass yet it will probably make no sense. cc2531 works via mqtt so is super easy to work with.

PS. just noticed that the 3A wall switches required N wire which virtually never exists with normal light switches. it is a bit of a dealbreaker. While this certainly would improve the reliability of the switch, pulling a new wire would not always be possible and will certainly be costly. Broaadlink TC2 works without N wire, but i’d think that way is probably not quite compatible with the standards as it makes operation of the switch dependant on the load connected.

1 Like

I have some of these, they are working pretty well, but the lag between google home control and the lights is driving me nuts… and the hui home app awful, have to restart it every time to make it work.

It would be great if we could get these switches/accessories working without the hub direct into HASS but from what i have been reading it is not well supported…

Has anyone had any success? I might just have to bite the bullet and get a zigbee adaptor and start tinkering.

Hi Sonoff is now legal in Australia.
The Australian version is available now:
POW https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/173637996462
Dual https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/173639733220

imported by Oikotec www.oikotec.com.au

Are you determining legality by the inclusion of the Enersafe Certificate of Approval logo in the advertising?

1 Like

Talk about price gouging.

I can get POW R2 delivered for less than $22.

I realise that they may have to amortise certification costs (assuming that they have actually done this, it wouldn’t be the first time someone slapped a tick mark on a non tested product and sold it on ebay) but doubling the price is ridiculous.

And after a quick check a I can find no record of them in the NERS database. https://equipment.erac.gov.au/Registration/UserSearch.aspx?rr=Responsible&atn=public

Buyer beware.