Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

No they don’t. They have a manual lock mechanism to hold them in place. I like the look of Iconic but find the flex in all the parts to feel very cheap.

2 Likes

I just spotted this company selling AU certified gear I might give them a go

Where’s the certification? Everything looks US style, especially the wiring diagrams

It’s here:

https://www.saaapprovals.com.au/client/index.php?approval_number=&description=&model=Mss310

1 Like

Looks like only the 2 plugs are certified? Did a search for the light switch (510) and wifi switch (710) and came up empty, didn’t bother to check the rest.

I am looking at some of the Brilliant 99888 Fan controllers (https://brilliantlighting.com.au/product/smart-wifi-ac-fan-wall-controller-e07a97) to replace the old manual twist knob switched cap controllers I have.
Has anyone played with this new model? I can find info on the two older models but nothing for this one. I just want to check if its still Tuya under the hood, although I am guess with the recent trend of blocking OTA updates its not re-flashable.
Also wondering if anyone has used them for a switched cap style fan.

I just got sent two more for free. No idea why :thinking:

Would you pay $49.50ea?

I have had these controllers installed all through my house: AC Fan Controller | Ikuü

They work well with ZHA and can fully control in HA. Happy days. Except… my wife pointed out that the physical controller for the fan only switches between “high” and “low”. After a little testing, it seems that the physical controller will cycle properly between Low, Medium and High when it is not paired with ZHA. Then, once it’s paired, it loses the ability to cycle to Medium. This is only on the physical switch. ZHA is still able to switch between the 3. I’m really confused, because I didn’t think that the quirks in ZHA would impact the physical switch.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like a question for ikuu.

I pre-empt their response to be “you need to be using the Ikuu hub”.

Haha yeah probably.

Have you tried it with z2m and have the same result?

I haven’t tried z2m.

The only thing that sort of comes to mind might be that ZHA is overriding the medium setting somehow when you switch it physically…

Not really electrical related, but given this is the aussie thread :wink:

has anyone heard of/used emerald smoke alarms ?
These are interconnected, and there is a wifi interface to use a smart phone app
https://emerald-ems.com.au/smoke-alarms/

Don’t forget SAAA are not the only certification agency :slight_smile:

Fair point. In any case only the 3 plugs appear to have an explicit statement about SAA/RCM certification unless I’ve missed others (I checked a few items but did not go through the entire list). So it’s always good practice to check with any seller if the particular product one is interested in is properly certified for use here.

I’m up for new smoke alarms shortly so I asked this mob about a way to talk to Home Assistant.

The reply was:

Our Emerald Alarms are closed source to the EMS App. However, we are looking at developing the EMS App to allow other Zigbee enabled devices to access the EMS API.

It is interesting that they are Zigbee, other wireless interconnected ones I have had were 433Mhz.

Interesting
So zigbee for them to communicate together and to the wifi dongle or something :confused:

I would say the “SafeLink” product is the bridge.

If they are zigbee there is a good chance you could add them to zigbee2mqtt…?