Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

That a good solution. Thanks

Can you share the link? I can’t find any ceiling models using 12Vdc. Any idea if they are 5.8GHz or 24GHz.

Sorry yeah they are OOO now
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005599948496.html

This is it too but $77.74
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004147995775.html

Other info:

$77 is too much, considering I would need need 10 to cover my house.
I just found this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005946786561.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.202b38da5dnEGz&mp=1
24GHz, powered by usb-c from the rear.
$27 each, it was $18 until I login.

Don’t login. Make a new account. That’s how I got the cheaper price. It was going to be fifty something otherwise

There’s this option (wall mounted though). Can run ESPHome.

I’ve seen quite a few comments to the effect that the software implementation matters for these kind of devices, not just hardware quality.

There’s quite a few reviews which recommend having the pir / mmwave combo for best of both worlds.

2 Likes

Anyone seen an aus supplier of this or something similair?
No mention of Australian certification so I would assume no.

Looking for a hard wired pull cord light with zigbee control. Dimmer would be a bonus but not required.

Hey guys, im planning to put up a solar panel in my house. 6.6kwh system - 14 X 475Watts jinko panels with Goodwe inverter (GW5K-DT). the whole set up will cost about 5k here in Perth. Not sure if thats a good price or not, feel free to tell me if thats a good price or not :slight_smile:

My question is i thought i needed to install smart meter that is compatible with Goodwe inverter, but I later found out that’s not the case. I can use Shelly 3EM (as my house is on 3 phase), is there any other smart meter that you would recommend?

Thanks

Thats similar to ours. I PMed you.

I only paid $4k (although it was 4 years ago) for 6.6kW of Canadian Solar panels and a Fronius invertor (3 phase). The Fronius talks to HA completely local, then I use an iotawatt (also fully local) for monitoring the grid and the sub-circuits.

2 Likes

the govt subsidies are less each year and also the inflation. so maybe that’s why.

is shelly 3em an overkill? or should i go for other shelly model?

I’ve got a Shelly 3em monitoring my 3 phase airconditioning. Just be aware that with any CT based monitoring that the accuracy is low when there is close to zero. Mine shows current flowing even when the circuit is isolated but I just use a template sensor to zero it off below a threshold.

My solar has 3 phase monitoring for whole of house as well as generation which seems to have better accuracy but that could just well be it’s software covering up those inaccuracies.

thanks for the info, your solar 3 phase monitoring, are you using the information from the inverter? sounds though you have a smart energy meter as well as the shelly 3em. cheers

Thinking of buying one of these - anyone know if there’s any support in home assistant? my searches are finding nothing.

If there is none - how hard is it to get support added?

1 Like

Yes, my solar is enphase and provides monitoring for both generation and consumption. I’m using the local “API” to access 1 second data stream. I just use the 3EM to plot and account for the cost of individual loads (A/C in this case).

Thank you!

did you end up doing this? im wondering if that zigbee puck works with two way switching with two momentary switches?
btw instead of their momentary switches, people like this one instead

Clipsal Iconic 40MBPRL-VW | Bell Press Switch Momentary Mechanism, 1-Way/2-Way 250V, 10A, LED (sparkydirect.com.au)

Its a toggle switch that acts like a momentary switch and the led will turn on when its in the off position

I have 7x Atom M5 ECHO modules new in box (unopened) if anyone in Aus is looking for some stock. Will sell at cost price plus shipping. PM me.

Note the price on the website is USD.

1 Like

Tom, is that because you have just bought up all the Aus stock of ESP32 S3 Box 3 ? :wink:

1 Like

Nah, I’m using ESPMuse Luxe’s.