Automation suddenly only runs first listed action since update [bug]

I have tested the actions, they run fine.

I also verified this is the case by swapping around the order, switch first, previously they were only light first.

Only Switch: Turn off bedroom and Light: turn on bedroom are being fired respectively.

Any ideas what the cause is? All my automations are now affected. Only the first action will ever run now.

1 Like

Another example. Here, only the Switch services will ever be triggered.

Trace logs from one of the automations would be very useful, but your screenshot is showing a blueprint and i am not sure if home assistant supports debug trace from blueprints

This in the logs looks suspicious. Nothing else is there that would indicate anything.

Seems like a breaking change.

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 4.15.12 pm

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 4.25.31 pm

Here is the trace. I’m not sure what I am looking for here. But it seems to say no action is taken, but the switches are definitely triggered

Okay yes, it was a breaking change, around 10.4

I’m just downgrading for now via hassio ha core update --version=2022.10.0

All is working again.

1 Like

Just to add in here to this that having the exact same issue here with these buttons - and my house is covered in them so broke quite a lot of my automations.

I’m in the middle of switching from deconz to zigbee2mqtt almost went back thinking it was an issue with zigbee2mqtt. Glad I didn’t. Any update on this issue are the newer models TS0044F experiencing the same issue? Side note this issue gets even weirder because if you try and run a script it still only runs the first thing in the script! You said this is a breaking change so does that mean it was intentional? Or is it indeed a bug that will be fixed.

Hi, I have the same issue. Anyone found a fix by any chance?

I’m in the same boat. I have quite a lot of little zigbee remotes that will all only do one action per button, which is a bummer. Anybody got a solution?

I spoke too soon.

Changing mode: restart to mode: parallel in the blueprint config solved the issue for me.

1 Like