☀️ Cover Control Automation (CCA) - a comprehensive and highly configurable roller blind blueprint

Unfortunately yes, because it just doesn’t work and I don’t know why. Shading does not work in the same way as closing the blinds when a certain lux value is reached. I checked everything but can’t find the error.

I think I have found it.
All actions do not go to “True” because the time comparison fails.

This will be due to this:

time_down_late: "00:00:00"
time_down_late_non_workday: "00:00:00"

This entry is not valid because 0:00 is already the next day.

Have not read the trace yet as you advised me. Will try to do so later.

Just sharing this. Outside its cloudy and also under developer tools the forecast condition is “pouring”.

Nevertheless some shutters were driven at 8.00 into shading surprisingly.

Traces:

Ok thank you. I will test it with 23:55:00

Hello, I keep getting this error message when installing.
What can I do about it?

Invalid blueprint: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘blueprint’][‘input’][‘actions_section’][‘collapsed’]. Got True extra keys not allowed @ data[‘blueprint’][‘input’][‘actions_section’][‘icon’]. Got ‘mdi:run’ extra keys not allowed @ data[‘blueprint’][‘input’][‘actions_section’][‘input’].

Already discussed here several times: Please update Core.

I am a little bit confused about the Helper Logs. I have very often that more than one state is true. For open+manual it´s clear but look at th ebelow example.
The last triggered no move to shading position but stayed in close position.

My defined positions are:

When my blinds are complete open/up 100/100 and a shading becomes active the Helper log shows Open: true and shading: true. I assume this is because my blind passes the open position when driving to the shading position.

Sounds like the same phenomenon i’ve described here:

Here is the trace for my first screenshot. The time in the file name shows 12:09:21 but it is the trace from local time 14:09:21.

The booleans for Open and Close are final. Are always set in the background and are unique. Only one of them is allowed to go to true

Then there are temporary additional changes such as ventilation, shading and lockout. When these are ended, the system switches back to the Open/Close state with the value true.

Don’t follow the helpers so much. They are very technical and I have recently changed the procedure completely. See also the changelog.

i have the same prob. So maybe a integration of the hourly forcast could solve that!

I have already had an exchange with Bostil. This is a bug. Has already been fixed locally for me.
This is caused by a very rare situation. There are hardly any parameters configured for shading. Only sun angle and sun height. No brightness values.

The bug lies in the fact that no forecast was determined here because the trigger is actually responsible for opening. And without a forecast response, the weather is missing and all conditions become true.

1 Like

Ok. Today evening one of my blinds didn‘t close. Close is 0, shading 2. The blind was loved manually to 1. does the blueprint interpret this as close? The Helper says 1=closed.

It’s starting to get annoying when you put your own wishes in the foreground at every opportunity. That has absolutely nothing to do with it. And you take away my desire to deal with it.

Quite apart from that, I don’t understand the point of determining the hourly forecast. This will be incredibly complex. And Openweathermap in HA can now use both variants in parallel via the services.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand that.

Is this already stable and could be downloaded / tested ?

This is pretty much stable. There are only two small lines of code.

# Querying the weather forecast
  - if:
      - "{{ is_shading_enabled }}"
      - "{{ not prevent_forecast_service }}"
      - "{{ (shading_forecast_sensor != [] ) }}"
      - condition: trigger # Important: All triggers for shading start necessary!
        id:
          - "t_si_1"
          - "t_bo_1"
          - "t_bo_3"
    then:
      - service: weather.get_forecasts
        target:
          entity_id: !input shading_forecast_sensor
        data:
          type: daily
        response_variable: weather_forecast

My blind at position 1 hasn‘t closed at the desired elevation like the others. All blinds have the same elevation for close. I think the vbluwprint decided that 1 is closed instaed of 0.

Can you show me the corresponding trace, please?