deCONZ - Official thread

OKay, nice work! I am also in HA on 6.23.0, and since then, several devices had been added. so when can I read a "bumped to deconz … " ? is there any planning for it?

You can track the ongoing conversation here Upgrade deConz to v2.28.1 by jannickfahlbusch · Pull Request #3708 · home-assistant/addons · GitHub

adon v. 7.00 dont work in my system (HA Blue+conbee2). Aqara sensor dont report when closed. Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1, dont report open/close status. HA seems unstabil whit this version. I rolled back to 6.2.3. and my system works again.

Maybe related?

1 Like

7.0.0 seems to be breaking my hue dimmer switch blueprint. Alexander Lyse created.

The first 3 attempts to install and rollback lost 3 hue bulbs and the last one lost the switches.

Does anyone have the same issue at all?

Questions to all users already upgraded to deCONZ v2.28.1 (running the HA deCONZ addon version 7.0.0):

1. Window manager issues in deCONZ (VNC GUI)
    In case you also have issues using deCONZ (new window manager), please turn to
  1. New “Phoscon All Off” device
    Did you also discover the new “light.phoscon_all_off” entity for the new “Phoscon_All_Off” device?

I discovered it is a deconz group…

…and yes, according to the Phoscon app, this is some kind of new “default group”:
    grafik

I never heard about that and I read all release notes from 2.25.3 (addon version 6.23.0) to latest 2.28.1 (addon version 7.0.0) twice.

• First I don’t like getting a default group which automatically contains all of my lights (which was the case here).
  • Second, as HA users I think this adds little to no value, as we are usually not using the Phoscon app and press the power button on the top left. And we have other options in HA to turn off all lights.

Just a notice, as this entity showed up on various places due to my usage of auto-entities card in the UI for the lights domain and it was very irritating (and no, I never used deconz groups so far).

Hi! I have to disagree on this - for example (since I am running deconz outside of HA) I am using groups heavily - reason is I have my switches linked in deconz to groups there directly so I can still turn on or off my lights even if there is a problem in HA (very important) and I only make it smart in HA using automations.

Yes, for your use-case (HA independence) and setup (running deCONZ separately, not on the HA host) it makes sense.

My point (as a deCONZ HA addon user not using deCONZ groups ata ll) is:
it would be good if one would be made aware of that default group provided now (in Phoscon/deCONZ itself and therefore provided with the deCONZ integration).

As mentioned I read the addon release notes, the deCONZ-rest-plugin release notes, the deCONZ HA integration release notes, … nothing. Putting all your lights in a default group distributed up to HA is a bit… intrusive.

Solved for me by disabling the device in HA and clearing the default groups content in Phoscon app. Not sure if newly added lights will be automatically added to that group, but as it is not available anymore in HA I guess I don’t care.

1 Like

No matter if you run deconz or any other zigbee platform, you should always create native zigbee groups and control these instead of making groups of lights in HA.

If you mix zigbee and other lights and switches you can create a HA group which contains the non-zigbee lights and the zigbee group.

The reason you want to do this is that if you send messages to multiple lights at the same time, the zigbee channel gets flooded and often saturated. You see it as lights not turning on at the same time or lights that are missed.

By using groups, zigbee2mqtt, zha, or deconz sends ONE group message to the group which all the lights react to. That is much more safe and reliable.

3 Likes

And by the way. I run 2.28.1 (bare metal) and there are no new groups with all lights. Are you sure you did not create that yourself when you added a switch and just never noticed or forgot about it? I cannot see how the HA integration or the Addon work would add such a group. If there is an item you do not want in HA just open the integration in HA and disable the entity.

Yes, in case you have several lights you want to control at the same time (2 lights in one room), put them in a deCONZ group. That’s the best practise - even I don’t need that and never had issues with not using it that way. If light B turns of 100 ms later than light A, life goes on :slight_smile: So it all depends on the individual setups and use-cases.

As you can see in the deCONZ - Official thread - #3668 by e-raser post (screenshots 3 and 4), that is a new DEFAULT group added natively in Phoscon, not a user defined one.

This question alone proves I’m not the only one not being aware of this newly offered default phoscon group. Guess not many know or even read about it.

I’m on 7.0.0 and still is not possible to use Phoscon app from Google Store. Such Conbee device has been found, but there is not possible to login into it.
SOLUTION: find port in deConz addon, usually 40850 and use it in app with ip address of HA.

It looks like it gets created when you click on the triple dot - list the lights - and submit.

And it does not get listed as a group in Phoscon.

In HA it gets picked up as a light group. And I just disabled it also. Then it is invisible again in HA. Seems to be a new feature in Phoscon app that you can turn off a group of lights in the UI. Since you only need to disable it once in your life in HA I would not be too worried

Wrong. It was automatically created. I only spotted the source of it by checking out the Phoscon web app.

Not in the group section (we know and are used to) for years. But technically, it’s the same - just not in the UI.

:+1: That’s what I did too. Interestingly, according to the Phoscon UI you can also bind power switches there. Probably another switch group will be created then in HA. But - I don’t really care. I just would have known this before. Reading all available release notes of 6 months twice and still getting surprised by new “features” - funny :slight_smile:

To anyone that wonders about groups in Deconz

When you pair a new switch an empty group is created with the switch associated with no lights. I personally never used these.

You can manually add a group, add lights (and plugs), and assign a switch, and you can also do some programming of buttons if Deconz knows the switch.

The advantage of this is that HA can be down and the lights still work.

The disadvantage is that same switch in HA is more difficult to assign multiple values to. I actually need to try that!! Personally I only have lights in my groups and no switches.

The huge advantage I have seen is that even when a light appear to be disconnected from deconz (grayed out), it often still reacts to the group messages, so noone notice that the light is in limbo until you look at HA or try to turn the light on and off as a single light. That is a huge home approval factor as 95% of all turnings lights on and off is either automatic or by a switch that controls an entire room. If you only have two lights in a group, it may not be worth it. But in a normal living room with 4-10 lights or worse a celing with many individual spots, you really have an advantage of almost always seeing all lights turn on and off even if one is marked as unavailable. It is the light itself that knows it is in a group and reacts to the group messages.

2 Likes

Hello all!

Here comes another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

This release brings one tiny extension and that is to be able to select fan mode of Air Purifiers like the Ikea Starkvind.

Here are the changes coming with Home Assistant 2024.9.0.

No new pydeconz release this time.

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at pydeconz github

I’m on Github Sponsors if you appreciate my work.

Could anybody explain me, how to use DDF?
I have been found file on site Deconz Toolbox with the same manufacturer and model and this file I’ve tried to upload. Looks that file has been uploaded with success. But what to do now?
I’ve been tried delete device in VNC and add it again but still no difference and no new device in Phoscon.
Thanks for your help.

I’ve attempted again and my blueprint no longer works on 7.0.0

Does anyone else use this blueprint or have any suggestions as to why it doesn’t work on this release?

Blueprints have nothing to do with addons

Thank you.

Just curious as to why the update breaks the blueprint or breaks the dimmer switches