deCONZ - Official thread

Do you Have a deConz backup which you can restore?

Yes I managed to get one in a brief moment of functioning via MS Edge instead but still missing Connected Lights…
So would the plan be to uninstall the add-on, re-install and then restore the backup?

It sounds, like it is an issue with phoscon and not the addon. So reinstalling the addon might not help. I simply would try to restore the phoscon app

Thanks but how does one restore just the Phoscon app itself? It’s part of the add-on, yes?

No, phoscon itself has a backup function and can be restored out of that file.
When you open phoscon then go to settings and gateway. There you have you’re backup options.

Ah ok, thank you.

So tried a restore and no change.
Still have working devices & entities in HA but no improvement to Phoscon.
Considering uninstall/reinstall of the add-on and/or switch to deCONZ/Phoscon on a separate RPi altogether…

Hello all!

Another month comes with another release log on Phoscon forum for the HA deCONZ integration

As the beta has been cut I wanted to share what will be released with Home Assistant 2022.9.0

With this release I have migrated sensor unique IDs to a more sustainable structure and with this step there isn’t much left of the refactoring I started nearly a year ago… Two days ago I felt some refactoring fatigue so I looked at the more Aqara FP1 functions request and decided to add some new functionality for the first time in a long time, try it out in the beta and feedback any impressions.

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at pydeconz github

4 Likes

After upgrading, I cannot access Phoscon Web App, it cant see my gateway. pressing “P” it just starts “Please wait until the search for gateways has finished.” and NOTHING happens.

I have reboted several times and restartet deconz.

but VNC to deCONZ works, and all devices are working

I have tried local and external access…

BUT from the HA app on my phone, it works…

1 Like

So I did drop the Addon, installed deCONZ on a separate RPi3 and have a very and fully responsive Zigbee system! Previously I had the same kitchen LED E27 lamps (6 x Wemo/Osram) that would sometimes respond to HA-deCONZ add-on…

FP1 added features are working beautifully thank you mate.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

For reference, what exactly is needed for this kind of setup?

After nearly 3 years with the deconz 2 stick I’m now moving to z2m and the sonoff 3 pro stick instead. Big thanks to Robban for making the stack work with HA. My issues, since I have 42 aqara devices has just been too much. Migrated yesterday, took more or less the complete day with upgrades to devices and changing all automations. Many reboots later and i can still see that all devices are connected. I think that aqara just does not like deconz…

2 Likes

Received two FP1s just perfectly timed with the 2022.9.0 and Deconz integration upgrades. Pairing happened instantly.
And the UI in the integration works perfectly.
One of the FP1s now sit behind my toilet. Now I can sit for a quarter of an hour doing my business while reading “deConz -Official thread” on my iPad without the light turning off and me having to wave to my two PIR sensors. Thanks so much for the new software upgrades and hard work leading to it

A little advice to those that have issues with sensors and Conbees

You always get the advice to use an extension USB cable but I wonder if you all understand the issue and do it right.

Zigbee runs in the same 2.4 GHZ band as old Wifi. And the signal levels from sensors that have to work for a year on a 2032 coin cell are very low and it takes nothing to disturb the radio signal. The extension cable moves the dongle away from the noisy computer. If you use an SSD connected via USB3 the data speed is high and there is significant harmonics from the digital communication that radiates both from the SSD and the USB cable. So remember when you rig up the Zigbee dongle that the objective is to move it away from anything that can radiate RF noise. If you have an extension cable for USB and one for SSD and route them together and maybe even place SSD and zigbee dongle close to each other then you may make the problem even worse.

The objective is to place the Zigbee dongle high, away from everything electronic so it has the best chance to receive the weak signals from the zigbee devices.

4 Likes

Thanks for staying with us for three years! I hope you find stability forward!

You’re extremely right!

I was shocked at the effect USB 3.0 storage devices had on other connected items like BT adapters, 2.4GHz wireless input device adapters, etc.

I don’t understand why this is not a more well-known issue…maybe because less and less people have desktop PCs nowadays, but it’s definitely a problem to take into consideration.

1 Like

I’m not sure is this on deconz or HA side, but let’s put it on the table

After restarts (not every time) Ikea zigbee buttons seem to be unresponsive. Log is fille with these, 2 for each button:

Got error 'No deconz_event tied to device "My_button_name" found' when setting up triggers for My_automation
23:26:38 – (ERROR) Automation

When clicking the log entry, it reveals:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.my_automation
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:563
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 23:26:38 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:26:38

Got error 'No deconz_event tied to device "My_button_name" found' when setting up triggers for My_automation

In general, this seems to happen to some others as well: Deconz event error with buttons and it has been going on for some time.

No real solution offered and looks like it happens only with zigbee buttons (Ikea and Aqara reported) and typically after restarts.

In my case I’m running Raspberry Pi 4 4GB with SSD and conbee II dongle + deconz addon.

This is a common issue. When investigating Deconz button press triggers malfunction · Issue #71033 · home-assistant/core · GitHub, I talked to other core devs and this is a generic issue in Home Assistant related to start up time of integrations and automations, there is no solution planned ATM.

OK, I did not notice that issue discussion.

Seems to be that bot closed the issue when nobody managed to comment in time, but the problem itself has, as you also say, gone nowhere.

Are there any (automatic) workarounds for this, because it really is not a possibility to leave a house in the condition that buttons do not work and there might not be anyone available, that can fix it?