Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

I have corrected this now, thank you!

I tried to refresh my Nest integration and the thermostat still did not appear. I removed the Nest integration and readded it and it still did not appear. Any suggestions?

camera:

climate:

nest:
  client_id: XXX
  client_secret: XXX
  project_id: XXX
  subscriber_id:  XXX

I would suggest troubleshooting by going through the Nest API examples that show how to list devices: https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/use-the-api#list_structures_and_devices – is the thermostat returned there?

Thanks - this was just from editing out my nabu casa address.

I redid everything from scratch again, just in case I’d slipped up elsewhere, and I have no idea what I did differently but it now works - using the nabu casa address without port number and with the /auth/external/callback path appended

I tried multiple times and countless hours before I got it right!

@bazyr have you followed my instructions from above?

1 Like

See my new topic for my Nest thermostat card config…

My Nest Thermostat card config using thermostat-dark-card

I was able to set up Google nest successfully following these instructions https://maartendamen.com/ha-nest-sdm, I can recommend it to everyone. everything worked fine. now I’ve read that some of them have also added the Google nest hub max in the HA … can someone explain to me how this is done? because mine were not recognized … only the nest doorbell was recognized.

2 Likes

My Hub’s camera was automatically detected and added, but crashes HA if I try and view a stream. I can see a still picture when the camera is active but I’m leaving it untouched until things progress further.

Can you file an issue? Happy to take a closer look with more detailed information

I was finally able to get my thermostat setup after following some of the detailed responses in here, thank you!

One question that I haven’t been able to find the answer to anywhere else: are additional temperature sensors supported? I have one additional sensor connected to my thermostat but it does not show up in HA under the Nest entities.

No succes… tried several times. I will do all the steps all over again

No, additional temperature sensors are not supported by the Nest API, which only returns a single Temperature sensor.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! That’s unfortunate to hear though.

Still have issues with my Thermostat Card Updating. I can change it just fine, but the temp sensor doesnt seem to be changing. It only updates when I restart HA. Thoughts?

Try to follow this. Please let us know if you need more help.

https://maartendamen.com/ha-nest-sdm

Not receiving updates is most likely a problem with the subscriber_id. The integration instructions have been updated to make that more clear that it needs to be the full subscription name including the path.

Thx. I tried this one for 3-4 times… But let me do it all over again. I 'll let you now the outcome

Painstakingly follow the instructions in post #263 and also this guide. I kept missing/skipping the last page (#4) of that guide. After 7 or 8 tries I got it working…

mine were not recognized automatically and I have 8 of them in my house … can anyone help me?

Hello,

my data not updated but I don’t see “unacked message” in Google Cloud Platform console

Any other idea ?

If I relaunch the integration I have a update.

Thx