Grouping Automations on frontend for organization

Ammm… a small correction: it’s not “because YOU were interested”, but, currently: “because 2029 people are interested”. Somewhat difference, don’t you think? And it’s …what…2+ years since this request was started? You can’t say that it’s not an ignorance…

1 Like

You are taking my comment out of context.

The user was making an absolute statement that the WTH items were ignored when many WTH items were, in fact, not ignored and have been implemented.

1 Like

With the greatest respect to all. I am sure that we have the attention of the Nabu developers and they will decide whatever they will decide. In the meantime this exchange has lost usefulness.

1 Like

I am interested as well.
Just folders inside automations would help a LOT

For now, moving things to Node-Red and grouping in on pages seems to be the best option.

FYI Paulus (Balloob) mentioned in the release thread for 2024.1 that they are aware of this feature request. They are looking into the current options and weighing out the pro’s and con’s. All the current methods they’ve discussed don’t check all the boxes and they want to vet out all possibilities before building something in. The team is hopeful that something may be added this year to address this FR. It’s not guaranteed that this FR will be added this year but he seemed very hopeful.

9 Likes

It wasn’t in the thread, it was at the release party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRwzSkKYIDs&t=2280s

1 Like

yes please.

This has been asked before, but good lord–this should not be that difficult. Can we please be able to put our hundreds of UI automations into FOLDERS? Or at LEAST be able to sort them by: enabled/disabled, date since last updated etc.??

1 Like

The Nabu team said that they are working on it, ETA this year.
Listen to the time marked video posted by Florian in post #302
This topic is closed.

3 Likes

I should hope they’re aware by now as the OP was from 2019 :sweat_smile:

Very much looking forward to this when it arrives; thanks in advance!

It’s been known for many years and actively worked on throughout that duration. I’ve stated this multiple times in this thread but no one reads my responses. They just come in here to say +1 or complain. It would be great if people would just vote, read the marked solution, and move on without drama.

It was your response that brought me here. No drama intended.

It was a general statement, not directed at you

Well, it’s hard to say that it’s been “actively” working… more like “passively”… in 4 years almost half of HA could be made, not just one automations list upgrade… let’s say that all these years it was way down on the priority list…
But, hey, it’s finally confirmed that it will be done, so congrats and thanks for that. Looking forward to it…

1 Like

Having rudly had my post removed due to “duplicate” I came looking for the duplicate to find this 4 year old thread showing that even now the feature is still wanted and not being addressed. In the space of 4 years a simple sub-folder system could have been implimented, im not sure what they are avoiding this for but i feel like its being actively shut down.

You did not read the post closely enough :laughing:

1 Like

There is a very good chance that Floors, Tags/Labels, and Categories (folders for frontend) will come soon. It may be as early as 2024.3 or 2024.4.

13 Likes

would be very useful. Voted.

This feature delay is bordering on the ridiculous. Every single HA youtuber complains about this. The devs are overcomplicating this feature apparently. PUT THE AUTOMATIONS IN SIMPLE FOLDERS. Period. HA is getting to be a pain in the rear to use. Why push users to use UI automations if it’s impossible to manage them? And obviously this topic has NOT BEEN SOLVED.

1 Like

Calm down. I gave an update 17 days ago stating that it would be in a soon to come release. It missed 2024.3, it will likely be in 2024.4 but may be delayed until 2024.5.

2 Likes