HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

@kepler I’m running basically the same setup (RPi 3B+) on actually what is probably a slower tablet than yours (I got some cheap knockoff running Android Go) and mine works okay.

If you browse to your HACC dashboard on a desktop or laptop in Chrome, is it just as slow? Or only on the tablet?

@stban1983 @echopage There is an unlisted help page at /admin/technical (so if your HACC is running on 192.168.0.5 port 8095, your URL would be http://192.168.0.5:8095/admin/technical. Can you browse there and tell me on the right side what your Base URL is (under Home Assistant Info)?

Then, if you go to your entity state in HA > Developer Tools > States, you’ll find your media_player and it will have an attribute on the right called entity_picture. The value of that is going to be something like /api/media_player_proxy/media_player............ If you take your Base URL and combine it with this URL so you get something like:

https://my-home-assistant.example:443/api/media_player_proxy/media_player..............

Does that load in a browser window, and is that reachable from wherever you’re running HACC (e.g. on your tablet)?

On my Chromebook it was just as slow, but since two days it has been working great! Slight delay in the feedback (changing color) but the actual switch works within a few tenths of a second! Very happy so far!

1 Like

I experience some changing in hacs.

button-cards documentation

• url: /community_plugin/button-card/button-card.js
    type: module
    but the plugin is downloaded in www/community/button-card
    So the docuentation should be
  • url: /local/community/button-card/button-card.js
    type: module

Ok so i understand. I don’t have any picture beceause i’m accessing to HACC with my private IP instead of my dns name. Why i’m using private IP ? Because i didn’t open tcp 8095 port :slight_smile:
So it is “normal”

Thanks qJake!

@Thuurke This thread is for the Home Assistant Command Center, a tablet interface for Home Assistant. AKA “HACC”.

I think you’re looking for this thread instead (“HACS”).

Hi @qJake, hope to see the thermostat tile and over things with HACC :slight_smile:

@stban1983 Yep, climate controls are one of the things on the to-do list! That’s a tough one since we have to support all the crazy modes and features of all of the different types of thermostats out there. Definitely a challenge!

There is a problem.
After the first launch of HACC, everything was fine.
Created the first element. Night light.
But an error appeared and all the elements disappeared. Updating and reinstalling HACC did not change anything. Web interface does not appear.
And the main problem is that this addon is not removed! I wanted to remove it and reinstall it, but it does not disappear from the list of installed add-ons.
Rebooting does not help.
I even tried to upload a snapshot of the system a day earlier. But the HACC addon still remains!
How to remove it?

Very interesting add-on! So far, it seems very easy to use. I have only set up a very simple dashboard, but I hope to build a dashboard that can control all important features of my smarthome.

One thing I ran into so far: I’d like to be able to pick more size options for the tiles. Now I guess that this is possible through CSS, but I have no experience with this. Is it possible to add more options than 1x-4x?

This looks very interesting and I went through the whole thread and while it looks like it’s been coming soon for a while, it still isn’t here yet so I’ll ask… any idea when multiple screen layouts/configs will be supported? I’m looking to have multiple screens on the same tablet/device as well as different “home” screens defined for different tablets.

Thanks,

-joni-

any update on this yet:

19-10-11 14:33:23 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.interface] Remove image qjake/hacc-hassio-armv7 with latest and 
19-10-11 14:33:23 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't remove image qjake/hacc-hassio-armv7: 400 Client Error: Bad Request ("invalid reference format")

now on HA 0.100.1 and still not able to delete this add-on…

1 Like

Same problem
May add information to issue to GitHub?

filed the issue on the GitHub, and have a look here, maybe add some traction there to get things going:

This looks awesome! All this needs is to “do a little more” to pre-fill the add tile form with settings already in HA–from customizations and possibly the template–after selecting an entity and it would be awesomer!

@pijiulaoshi Right now, you can only go up to 4x. With multi-page support, each page will have its own tile dimensions, so you could make a page with “larger” tiles. I am also considering adding more options since I’m finding that people are using tiles for cameras and want the ability to make those tiles larger than 4x!

@rjchu Multi-page support is coming really soon! Here’s a sneak peek:

I’m just working out some of the UI bugs with it, and it will be released soon thereafter!

@Mariusthvdb @Maikl_Sh Yes, please add comments to this thread because without a response from a HA dev, I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. (I certainly didn’t write it this way on purpose!)

2 Likes

so I did.
Up to the moment this is fixed, you should add a note to the setup, one cant uninstall…

My workaround for multiple pages is multiple instances of the app on different ports.

EG: lounge is on port 8095, Kitchen on 8096 and so on. Works well so far

I am running it in docker on a Ubuntu machine.

Hi there,
any update of HACC ? :slight_smile:

any update how we can uninstall the app? Its been stuck on my system for months.