HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

:frowning: Sorry about that. Maybe wait for v1.0 and see if that works - I will be refactoring some of the JavaScript on the frontend so it may work (no guarantees though).

I know buying new hardware is not a “solution”, but in case anyone is curious, this is the 8" tablet that I run for HACC. It works well. You could even go down to a 7" tablet for even cheaper.

1 Like

I will see how it goes.

I have plenty of android tablets with more modern android, but this one has is designed to be always on and has PoE :’)

its very clean with no front or outer buttons, and has a wall mount built in…

wooo great ! Can’t wait to see the version 1.0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI, you can track the progress of the v1.0 work on the new GitHub project board I just created:

HACC v1.0 Project Board on GitHub

4 Likes

Get this error and therefore not possible to update

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/__init__.py", line 304, in recuring_tasks_installed
    await self.factory.execute()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/hacsbase/task_factory.py", line 24, in execute
    await asyncio.gather(*self.tasks)
RuntimeError: cannot reuse already awaited coroutine

Hey @John_P I think you have the wrong thread! :slight_smile:

HACC = Home Assistant Command Center - tablet dashboard for HA (you are here :round_pushpin:)
HACS = Home Assistant Community Store - add-on store for HA

Please refer to this thread: Custom Component: HACS

This is a GREAT tool! Thank you for all of your work!

Might I suggest that the State tile allows custom “closed/open” states for door switches?

Thank you!
-Adrian

I have exactly the same problem, Base URL is set correctly to the external url for HA (in my case this is a reverse proxy), and it shows this in the /admin/technical page. Unfortunately HACC tries to source the image for entity_picture from:

url(“/local/me.jpg”)

and displays nothing, because it would need to use a different webserver.

If I change the entity_picture value to be fully qualified (ie https://myhome.com/local/me.jpg) then the picture loads, but only after I’m forced to authenticate past my reverse proxy. Its also not the ‘correct’ way of setting an entity_picture, so I wonder what else I might break

Hi @tseeley, as part of this PR, to be released in 1.0, I added support for an “Override Asset URL” which will allow you to override the base URL that is used for media and image assets. So in cases where it’s not able to resolve this correctly, you will be able to set “https://myhome.com” as the override asset URL and it should load your pictures properly.

1 Like

Version 1.0 Update

I wanted to give everyone a brief update about Version 1.0. I know that many of you are eagerly awaiting it, however during testing, I discovered that the way I had set up communication between the app and Home Assistant would work for people generating their own long-lived access tokens, but would not work for people installing via the Supervisor Add-on interface due to the way tokens are handled. (This issue covers it in a bit more detail.)

So, I am currently working on updating the app to support installation as an add-on. Testing is difficult and slow because I have to fully compile the app and deploy it into an add-on container with every change I make. I am making progress though.

I will keep everyone posted as developments happen. Again, I know you are all eagerly awaiting 1.0 and I appreciate your patience!

5 Likes

any chance to add instructions for raspbian?

there are instructions only for docker

Docker works on raspbian.

@nickrout is correct - there are no special instructions for Raspbian specifically - you would just need to use Docker and match your system architecture (ARM32v7 or ARM64v8) - there are images for both.

Hi Jake!

I was having trouble with “too many redirect” messages in my original Docker installation of HASS. It was working fine until it wasn’t. :slight_smile: Not sure what happened.

Just removed the container and image and started over from scratch and now I’m getting a 500 error when I try to access the service at port 8095.

Any ideas?

Hey @fishertimj I just pushed out a preview version, 1.0.16, with new containers - can you update your container and try again? I think it should be fixed. If not, let me know!

Hello There,
I have installed the HACC add-on. When I launch either from the hassio dashboard or access HACC directly via the IP:PORT I get a gray screen. Nothing in the logs from what I can see. I have tried refreshing the page, as well as clearing cache and history just in case. Nothing. There is no error message of server not found just a gray background.

Any ideas?

Now adding to the weirdness. I thought I would uninstall and try again. I get an error saying failed to uninstall uknown error.

@holmiephoto The uninstall issue is a known bug in the current Supervisor version. It will be resolved with the next version.

The gray screen is the dashboard but you don’t have any tiles. Go to the URL /admin and you should see the interface. We also changed this in the next version so the admin area is the default page.