HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

Is this still on your list? Because I use quite a lot of input_booleans (for example to turn off automations for a certain time). I tried converting it to a switch and/or use a group, but it doesn’t seem to work. Being able to select an input_boolean as a switch would be great!

(Or do I need to add it to the list on Github?)

trying to uninstall won’t work from Hassio add-on page. Logs show:

19-09-18 08:00:09 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.interface] Remove image qjake/hacc-hassio-armv7 with latest and 
19-09-18 08:00:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't remove image qjake/hacc-hassio-armv7: 400 Client Error: Bad Request ("invalid reference format")

anything we can do about this, Id really like to take it out of the system

@kepler Yes please! File an enhancement issue. I will be sure to add them - it will be especially easy if they behave like switches anyway (they have on/off state and they toggle on/off with the homeassistant.toggle service). I can experiment and let you know! NEVERMIND I already tested it, input_booleans work great as Switches so I just enabled them in the Switch tile. Will be released in 0.5.3, track the enhancement here if you’d like!

@Mariusthvdb I don’t know how to uninstall it, it seems like a Hassio issue, I have an open bug with them here if you’d like to track it. In the meantime you COULD try using Portainer to remove the container manually, but if you aren’t familiar with Docker, you could mess up your HA installation with Portainer if you aren’t careful.

@BertrumUK Yay! Glad that works. :slight_smile:

@CountParadox I am so sorry, but I don’t know that that browser is going to be compatible. HACC makes a lot of JavaScript AJAX/WebSocket calls to do what it needs to do and I didn’t really design it for that small of hardware. I have a cheap, super slow, off brand $80 tablet I got on Amazon that runs Chrome on Android Go and it runs okay, I figured that was going to be the lowest hardware anyone would attempt to use with this. I honestly didn’t even know Windows CE was a thing still!

@daphatty This is available as a Hassio addon or as a Docker container – since this is not a Lovelace component, I don’t think I can add it to HACS. Or maybe I misread their description (I don’t use HACS personally), but it sounds like it’s just a Lovelace component manager, not a full system add-on manager like Hassio is.

Custom components (like the ESXi component for example), in addition to Lovelace plugins, are very much managed by HACS. A tool like HACC could very well get a user like me to stop using YAML mode.

Version 0.6.0

We have (limited) Media Player support!

New:

• #5 Media player tiles
  • #39 input_boolean support via Switch tiles

Fixed:

• #34 Possible issue with exporting config
  • #35 Missing override label added to light tile
  • #36 Additional CSS not actually applying on the page

Docker users: Get the latest image from any of the latest tags, or browse our tag list on Docker Hub.

Hassio Addon users: I will be pushing the update out within 10-15 minutes, please feel free to update!

@daphatty Custom components are wildly different from Hassio addons. Custom HA components are still written in Python and ultimately run within Home Assistant, sharing some of the codebase (I’m simplifying a bit). I’m looking at this page which explains what HACS can host/do.

HACC is a standalone app written in C# / ASP.NET Core that must run in its own environment (with the dotnet runtime) - the code isn’t even compatible, and you couldn’t run HACC inside of Home Assistant or AppDaemon if you wanted to - the languages and runtimes are completely different. This is why we leverage Docker or the Hassio Addon interface - because we can run our own container in a separate environment but still talk to Home Assistant. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification. It’s a shame that Hass.io and Home Assistant have such a significant differentiation.

cool, supported the issue, but, as said there, this seems to be a add-on specific issue, all other add-ons Ive tried to uninstall did so nicely.

Yes, certainly – I meant to say, I didn’t go out of my way to write any code that would prevent you from uninstalling it. There is just something I did wrong or didn’t include inadvertently which is making it not work, and I don’t know what that is so I need someone from the Hassio team to help me. :slight_smile:

Great for media player. But the tile is not displaying the cover (for media_player.spotify)
Title is show but not cover.

Me too (media_player.google_xxxxx)

Great updates! But the panel is very slow in responding on input (both for lights and input booleans), takes at least 5-10 seconds to register the input. I have tried putting the refresh rate at 1second, but then it just keeps on loading (most tiles takes a couple of seconds to load).

I am running Hassio on a RPI3B+, the panel shows the same behaviour on a Fire 7 (Fully Kiosk) and on a Chromebook (so assuming the tablet/panel it self it not the issue, possibly the Pi is too slow?)

Log doesn’t show any errors… What could be the issue? Restart of addon didn’t help

@kepler I’m running basically the same setup (RPi 3B+) on actually what is probably a slower tablet than yours (I got some cheap knockoff running Android Go) and mine works okay.

If you browse to your HACC dashboard on a desktop or laptop in Chrome, is it just as slow? Or only on the tablet?

@stban1983 @echopage There is an unlisted help page at /admin/technical (so if your HACC is running on 192.168.0.5 port 8095, your URL would be http://192.168.0.5:8095/admin/technical. Can you browse there and tell me on the right side what your Base URL is (under Home Assistant Info)?

Then, if you go to your entity state in HA > Developer Tools > States, you’ll find your media_player and it will have an attribute on the right called entity_picture. The value of that is going to be something like /api/media_player_proxy/media_player............ If you take your Base URL and combine it with this URL so you get something like:

https://my-home-assistant.example:443/api/media_player_proxy/media_player..............

Does that load in a browser window, and is that reachable from wherever you’re running HACC (e.g. on your tablet)?

On my Chromebook it was just as slow, but since two days it has been working great! Slight delay in the feedback (changing color) but the actual switch works within a few tenths of a second! Very happy so far!

1 Like

I experience some changing in hacs.

button-cards documentation

• url: /community_plugin/button-card/button-card.js
    type: module
    but the plugin is downloaded in www/community/button-card
    So the docuentation should be
  • url: /local/community/button-card/button-card.js
    type: module

Ok so i understand. I don’t have any picture beceause i’m accessing to HACC with my private IP instead of my dns name. Why i’m using private IP ? Because i didn’t open tcp 8095 port :slight_smile:
So it is “normal”

Thanks qJake!

@Thuurke This thread is for the Home Assistant Command Center, a tablet interface for Home Assistant. AKA “HACC”.

I think you’re looking for this thread instead (“HACS”).

Hi @qJake, hope to see the thermostat tile and over things with HACC :slight_smile: