Hive Integration

@nil-ghosh how have you configured you setup via YAML or via the UI?

@Khole - In the config YAML I had the username and password.

@nil-ghosh currently the additional sensors are not supported in config via YAML it’s only supported via configuring via the UI.

At some point soon I’m going to merge this into HA and the additional sensors won’t be supported in there.

@Khole Thanks. So if I remove the username and password (from config YAML) and reinstall Hive through HAC, will they be available?

You don’t need to install through HACs just hive needs setting up via the UI in the home assistant configuration.

@Khole - Thanks. Have now set it up through configuration. Still those sensors not showing up (hotwater state and hotwater mode).

Another issue noticed - Turning off hot water boost gives the following error: (No issues while turning on)

Source: custom_components/hive/init.py:177
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:36:21 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:36:21 AM

string indices must be integers

Currently running B21. Heating is all working fine but Hot Water I can only set operation mode to ‘eco’ or ‘off’ which does call them but ‘on’ doesn’t seem to work. Doesn’t show any call service errors but doesn’t trigger the hot water.

Many thanks!

Mark

Thanks I did fix the on issue in beta 22 but completely broke the hot water entity through another issue. Once that is fixed the hotwater should again.

@Khole Perfect!

Thanks for your work as always!!

Look forward to the update!

Regards

Mark

Please can you raise this in the GitHub repo

https://community.home-assistant.io/u/Khole thanks for beta 22, after a week of struggle I can now see my Hive devices for the first time.

@Khole - Thanks. Both the issues now submitted.

Thanks so much for all your hard work Khole. I removed my yaml install of hive then installed b22 heat worked but no hot water. Then using HACs reinstalled hive to b21 and still no hot water…

Should I wait for a b23 or am I doing something wrong ? Thanks

@ha_irish luckily for you I have just release Beta 23 please can you give this a try and feedback

Nevermind I was about to find water_heater.hotwater. It was not listed under the hive component in the integrations screen. All I saw was a hotwater switch which didn’t do much of anything haha

Hi All Beta 23 has just been released if you could please can update and feedback your thoughts.

I need to WARN everybody though this release does include a breaking change and the hive integration will need to be deleted and reconfigured.

Please update to Beta 23 > then remove the integration from the integrations page with home assistant > then restart and reconfigure.

Release Notes

@Khole ha looks like we posted updates at the same time :slight_smile: Right now I am working on Beta 21.

When these changes become part of an Official release do we uninstall the Custom-component via HACs then install hive again via intergrations page ?

For now you need to update to beta 23 from HAC’s and you can configure either by YAML or via the UI in the ha config.

Once the beta’s are stable enough (main functionality for each device working.) I’ll then start looking at releasing this as a official version and also updating the official home asssistnt version so a custom one isn’t required. (Unless you want the advanced features they won’t make it into the official one e.g additional sensors, live debugging functionality.)

@Khole updated to b23 as you requested hot water is broken again.

File "/config/custom_components/hive/water_heater.py", line 93, in current_operation
return HIVE_TO_HASS_STATE[self.device["current_operation"]]
KeyError: 'current_operation'
2020-12-05 12:40:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Error while setting up hive platform for water_heater
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 207, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.gather(*pending)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 316, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 507, in _async_add_entity
await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 531, in add_to_platform_finish
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 296, in async_write_ha_state
self._async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state
sstate = self.state
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/water_heater/__init__.py", line 137, in state
return self.current_operation
File "/config/custom_components/hive/water_heater.py", line 93, in current_operation

More Logs hope it helps.

2020-12-05 12:40:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Error adding entities for domain water_heater with platform hive
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 316, in async_add_entities
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 507, in _async_add_entity
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 531, in add_to_platform_finish
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 296, in async_write_ha_state
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state
sstate = self.state
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/water_heater/__init__.py", line 137, in state
2020-12-05 12:40:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Error while setting up hive platform for water_heater
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 207, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.gather(*pending)
sstate = self.state