Hive Integration

I upgraded Home Assistant on my Synology/Docker and added the official Hive integration. I got the same ‘Unknown Error Occurred’. Having read this thread previously, and luckily had HACS installed, I just added the custom Hive Integration and the error in the official integration went away. I didn’t even set up the custom integration, I just added it to HACS. I thought I’d mention it just to confirm that this is a fix in the short term. What I would like to add is that the official Hive integration now works so much better for me than the custom integration did a few months ago. Sensors, specifically the TRVs, are actually responding now. Thanks for all the effort put into this, much appreciated.

Recently updated, re-configured integration due to breaking change all is fine except missing “climate.zone_1” which I thought would then become “climate.thermostat_1” but nothing shows for climate at all now? Was used in the thermostat card, but now missing? Also missing “water_heater.hotwater”?

I too have “unknown error” when trying to add hive

update: following some comments here, I added the hive integration via HACS, did nothing with it, tried the official HIVE integration again and it worked, so thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Khole, as a bit of an aside, are there any plans to make the signal strength figures (equivalent to Zigbee RSSI?) available for Hive TRVs and any other wireless equipment? Are these figures even available to be made useful in Home Assistant? I have frequent trouble with TRVs going offline and, while the recent update has made it possible for me to create automations to be notified of this, it would be good to see what the Zigbee signal levels are when this happens - just to stop Hive support from fobbing me off when I get in touch with them. Thanks, Keith

Can some please help with the formatting for a Boost function.
I have this string which works perfectly in the Dev tools/Template function
{{ ((((state_attr(“input_datetime.heating_targettime”,“timestamp”) / 60) | int) - (now().hour * 60 + now().minute)) / 60) | int }}:{{ ((((state_attr(“input_datetime.heating_targettime”,“timestamp”) / 60) | int) - (now().hour * 60 + now().minute)) % 60) }}:00

It generates a string in the format 1:14:00

But I can find no way to get the script editor to accept it for the time_period (the temperature part works fine)
Thanks in advance.

service: hive.boost_heating
data_template:
  time_period: '{{ ((((state_attr("input_datetime.heating_targettime","timestamp") / 60) | int) - (now().hour * 60 + now().minute)) / 60) | int }}:{{ ((((state_attr("input_datetime.heating_targettime","timestamp") / 60) | int) - (now().hour * 60 + now().minute)) % 60) }}:00'
  entity_id: climate.thermostat_1
  temperature: '{{ (states("input_number.heatingtargettemp")) }}'

I will check as soon as I can I don’t think it’s in the API anymore. I think it was in the old one which isn’t accessible anymore.

Hi

I’ve been using the Hive custom integration (installed via HACS) for the past couple of months, but towards the end of last week all my Hive devices and entities went offline. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the custom and also the new core integration, and even tried a clean re-install of Home Assistant, but with joy. Checking my logs, I’m getting the following error message and so would be very grateful for any thoughts on what might be causing this and on possible solutions.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/hive/__init__.py:76 
First occurred: 21:07:58 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 21:07:58
Error setting up entry [email protected] for hive
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 249, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/config/custom_components/hive/__init__.py", line 76, in async_setup_entry
    devices = await hive.session.startSession(hive_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py", line 271, in startSession
    return await self.createDevices()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py", line 289, in createDevices
    eval("self." + code)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/apyhiveapi/session.py", line 84, in addList
    device = self.helper.getDeviceData(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/apyhiveapi/helper/hive_helper.py", line 68, in getDeviceData
    device = self.session.data.devices[product["props"]["trvs"][0]]
IndexError: list index out of range

To follow on from this (quote reply) I don’t have an entity to select now?

Do you have a climate device and is it setup?

I looked at the API and the signal strength is no longer in the API response anymore

Thanks, got fed up of waiting for the unknown and I’ve done the same. Logged in now no issues.

Wondering should I uninstall the HACS version now or just leave it?

As far as I know it should be setup? I installed using HACS and then using intergrations so not sure if I’ve missed something. This is the same as I done before and it worked fine

I removed it and everything kept working, ymmv

1 Like

Hi @Steveuk

Do you mind sharing your card and theme for the Hive Thermostat? Your card looks amazing and I wanted to achieve something similar.

Many thanks.

Yeah no worries.
The theme is called “kibibit-dark-cards” and the thermostat is the simple-thermostat custom card both installed through Hacs.
If you want the individual boost buttons you need the custom button card from hacs although mine aren’t actually working at the minute as my custom hive integration stopped working so I installed the official one but it’s not come with all the same sensors so I’m missing the boost sensor that’s needed, not had chance to look into it yet.
I can send you the code when I’m on my laptop if you want.

1 Like

thanks @Steveuk I will try and have a go at it, and if I fail I will ask for your code mate.

1 Like

quick question, in the vertical stack card, do you have to put the conditional card for every script and then the entity card?

For the “boost ends in” card you mean ?
I’m no longer using that as I found you can actually add that sensor the to custom thermostat card.
Just realised you probably mean the 3 buttons underneath as they have the scripts lol
I think on that one you do the main vertical stack as conditional and then each one is a custom button.
I can’t remember exactly as I don’t use the conditional anymore just have the buttons showing all the time underneath as a main vertical stack with 3 custom buttons.
Sorry can’t upload any screenshots as chrome errors out on my phone.

ah right ok…let me play with it and have a go. thanks