AirPlay capabilities for your Chromecast players.
Apple devices use AirPlay to send audio to other devices, but this is not compatible with Google’s Chromecast. This add-on tries to solve this compatibility gap.
It detects Chromecast players in your network and creates virtual AirPlay devices for each of them. It acts as a bridge between the AirPlay client and the real Chromecast player.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “AirCast” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Install the “AirCast” add-on.
- Start the “AirCast” add-on
- Check the logs of the “AirCast” add-on to see if everything went well.
After ~30 seconds you should see some log messages appear in the add-on log.
Using your iOS/Mac/iTunes/Airfoil/other clients, you should now see new AirPlay
devices and can try to play audio to them.
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: AirCast
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.