Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

Hello,

Looking forward to design my onw dashboards.

When I try to open Home Panel, I see the page for only a split second, this this appears.

The webpage at https://homeassistant.local:8123/auth/authorize?response_type=code&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.172%3A8123%2Fapi%2Fhassio_ingress%2F1Hw_hIVqpNw6KQRnwXUbia6dfyhjkXdEUi2imzvYJME%2F%3Fauth_callback%3D1&client_id=https%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.172%3A8123%2F&state=eyJoYXNzVXJsIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9ob21lYXNzaXN0YW50LmxvY2FsOjgxMjMiLCJjbGllbnRJZCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vMTkyLjE2OC4xLjE3Mjo4MTIzLyJ9 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Add-on version: 2.1.0
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 5.12 (aarch64 / raspberrypi3-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2021.3.4
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.03.4

I tried to look for home-panel files to config or remove, to start fresh but they were not found.

Thank you

@spiddyspid, It isn’t just you. Did you get a solution?

Hi!

I’m not able to get Home Panel to work.
It starts fine and I can login to HA with it, BUT: it always looses HA connection and it won’t save any changes in configuration. I can add boxes to screen, but they are not useful without HA connection…

What to do? It feels like to be in read only mode, but why and where that can be changed? I have latest HA Supervisor with latest Raspberry OS (and same problem was with Debian OS).

1 Like

Hi - suggestions? Want to change to light config and military time, but it never saves the options. Registered for news feed API, but nothing gets saved…

Any ideas folks?

Is there a way to force a ‘no password’ view?

For a wall based wall panel, needing a password is a PITA.

Hi @spiddyspid in the add-on configuration section I added port 8234 to the “host” section, tapped save, and restarted the add-on. After I was able to get to the Home Panel directly by navigating to 192.168.1.X:8234
I am then prompted with the log on screen for home panel. Hope this helps.

Lovelace one panel full screen Link address - #13 by geeked

Having same issue. Changing settings in configuration never saves the values.

1 Like

Hi, guys! I’m trying to add “run-automation” buton to Home Panel. I already successfully added same to Lovelace, but in Home Pane I got some problem - have no field “target”. What I do wrong?

This button code works fine in Lovelace

type: button
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: automation.trigger
  service_data: {}
  target:
    entity_id: automation.turn_off_the_lights_when_i_leave_home
entity: automation.turn_off_the_lights_when_i_leave_home

Thanks!

He probably used some sort of “kiosk browser” if you want to use a tablet for your dash board you can find many apps in the app store/play store

Did anyone ever get the news feed newsapi to work? there is little to nothing in the Home Panel documentation regarding the newsapi setup. Basically get an api key and…?
enter the key and then… nothing!!
I’ve seen where some people have managed to get a news sources drop down, but nobody as explained what they have changed, added, deleted, done to get to this point…
I would appreciate a little information, and would love to get this to work…

Anyone… Help… ?

Same issue here.

I would really suggest for the setup instructions in the Home Panel Docs an area on how to access the Home Panel on another device without going through Home Assistant.

I had to comb through this forum to figure out that you need to uncheck SSL and in network add 8234 to the host. Once I did that I was able to remote in.

I was just about to give up and just uninstall the add-on but I got through it but was very frustrating especially since I am very new to Home Assistant and what it is capable of doing.

1 Like

Is there way to add multiple ligths behind one button (including brightness and temperature slider)?
I tried few ways to add multiple entities but I failed.

Im using phillips hue and in home assistant side buttons are working as rooms but in home panel, I could not find way to combine multiple lights

Hi All,

I am probably being a bit stupid, but how do I access HP from outside HA? I’ve been reading and found one page says it is port 3000 another says 8234. Either doesn’t load. More reading says about disabling “ingress” to allow access outside the HA web instance. I am a newbie with HA so not totally sure what ingress is (aside from the icon on the HA add on page) and not yet been able to find out how to disable it.

Sorry if this is a noob question :sweat: but am trying to learn!

I installed this via HACS but whenever I try to log into Home Assistant I get a “401: Unauthorized”, no configuration changes save and when I clicked the “Here” for the color palette I got a “mui.com refused to connect”. Any ideas at all?

I have the same issue, I was using Chrome, tried Opera and firefox also but get the same thing.

This addon seems to have been abandoned doesn’t it?

starting to think so, which is a shame as it looked promising…

I don’t know how github works out whether a project is maintained, but they don’t seem to think it is. Also @timmo001 hasn’t posted in this thread since Oct 2020.

So, as appdaemon 3 is deprecated and appdeamon 4 is now broken for over a year and none of the devs cares to fix it, and homepanel is abandoned, we as HA users are pretty much f*cked. Great going guys! Perhaps Domoticz is not so bad after all. EDIT: nevermind, i had a good fight with AD4 and SSL :slight_smile: