Hörmann garage door via MQTT

Hi everyone, thanks for all the great work in this Thread!
I recently got a new Garage Door with an E4 Motor and was searching for exactly such an adapter.

Just ordered some PCBs, if it works well i will sell the other PCBs either raw or fully assembled inside Europe for Costs of Parts+a Coffee.

regards,
Manuel

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I need to bother you some more with this.
The parts list contains over 50 lines, but I guess it’s not 50 parts we are talking about.
If I sort the lists after what is named Device, I count 16 different parts, which is more plausible.
But it says nothing how many items of each part.
And what is the Value field for?
I’m confused

Let me know, I’d possibly like to buy an fully assembled one :slight_smile:

Currently waiting on the PCBs and parts, will keep you all updated when i got them ready and have a Price :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a ProMatic 4, which should have the same interface.

If anyone is selling an assemble PCB I’d be happy to buy one.

Right now I don’t have the energy to chase down parts, so preferably assembled but a DIY all-in kit is also acceptable.

Many thanks for your post and linking to Hörmann garage door via MQTT - #83 by virtualdj

I’ve been wanting a garage door open/closed sensor in HA for a while but all the hardware that seemed to be involved put me right off. After reading your post, following a few links and installing the Passive BLE Monitor integration I have garage door open and close status in HA (via RPi onboard bluetooth interface).

The integration automatically detected the door opener and created three sensors.

What a result - thank you and to @Ernst for the integration.

2 Likes

Got my PCBs today, will tell you all a Price and place to order soon.

UPDATE: Was able to get my first PCB Working with my ProMatic 4, but i’m still trying to find the best Fork, any tips are welcome :slight_smile: Also the red blinking LED (it’s i known Bug i have read) is strange, something can’t be correct with that.

2 Likes

Got the RJ12 Sockets today and with that the last parts missing for my PCBs. If anyone needs a PCB or a complete Unit inside the EU just send me a DM.

A complete & tested Unit including the ESP32 and a 30cm RJ12 Cable will be 35€ without Shipping.
Shipping via DHL with tracking would be 5€ inside Germany, rest of EU 13€. Cheaper rates without tracking on Request.

Here are some images:

And of course a big thank you to @vladimirzrnic for the PCB Design and everyone that worked/works on the Software! great work!

I currenlty use the following Software on my Board:

regards,
Manuel

UPDATE: All Units of this Batch are Sold

3 Likes

Does this site even have DMs? o_O Or do you mean on Discord or Twitter or something?

@Dal , you are talking about this list?

The BOM consists of 58 parts but not 58 different parts.

Value is the most important field. 10k e.g. means a 10k resistor, but only in combination with the package field you know which one (know its size). To be honest there are even more parmaters like e.g. accuracy and temperature drift but this is just a hobbiest project so i didn’t specify them all.

Only parts where Value, Device and Package are equal are one and the same part.

yes there are DMs on here or over Twitter, my user there is also @Tysonpower :slight_smile:

Well I certainly can’t find the button for it here, so I threw you a DM on Twitter

Hey guys, is there a summary of this topic?
I have a ProMatic 4 and was wondering if there is a plug and play solution for it?
Or maybe a repo I can visit.

I have seen a lot of repos here but im losing my bearings with ProMatic 3.4.

I still have some assembled boards left if you wan’t to buy a plug and play solution.

You only need to flash the firmware with your wifi and MQTT credentials.

Here is the Post: Hörmann garage door via MQTT - #242 by Tysonpower

Cool, how to buy ? :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone, Stumbled upon this thread as I’m just getting in to Home assistant and you’re truly doing a fantastic job.

Is there anyone who have any of these boards integrated with Bifold Gates?
I have the RotaMatic 2 setup for this… and for my garage door I have the SupraMatic P 3.

@stephan19 do you have any experience with the RotaMatic?

@petertellgren No, i don’t have experience with that kind of door. I only have experience with the Supramatic E3. Please read the closed issues on github to get the experiences of other users.

Interested, as well

Is there already a ESP32 based PCB for SMD Assembly? Only found the older ESP8266 one so far, if not i maybe would create one and produce a few more boards.

My Hand full of Units based on @vladimirzrnic Design are all sold or in use by me and Friends except one now and building all of them wasn’t fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you still have the board? Which country?