IKEA FYRTUR block-out roller blind support

Hi, I use the conbee2 with deCONZ on to control my 12 ikea blinds

2 Likes

Hi @Smus!
Does they work 100% in HA? and what did you do to add all of them?

You can update Ikea Trådfri firmware from Deconz as well.

You can? How?

It is documented on deconz github i think

Found it here https://community.home-assistant.io/t/update-zigbee-firmware-using-deconz-on-hass-io/157447

Thanks, I went with a different option in the end.

I wish I could actually find these in US store. Always unavailable and can only be purchased in a store. Weird they don’t offer online orders…

I take it back, they are finally shipping these because they don’t have their stores open until this craziness all goes away.

Hej

They are all in HA, but they are a bit unstable. Right now the deconz version has some issues, so the blinds dosnt show up in the UI when added.
And almost everyday theres one or two blinds that dosnt react in HA. (but i still can control them directly in the VNC)

i hope it will become more stable with deconz. That’s the main reason why i still use the ikea tradfri hub for the blinds and also for the floalt panel which is also quit unstable with unstable.
the rest works very stable with deconz.

I had the same issue… Thats why i am waiting fir more stable version.

I just came across this article which says IKEA is now offering FYRTUR blinds for sale on-line in the US:

These look useful. They might be my next HA addition.

Just reporting success: Using and working 100% for 2 days. 6 blinds conected to HA in two different ways for 2 different parts of the house.

1 part of the house: 3 Fyrtur blinds with IKEA gateway, using the built-in integration
1 (another) part of the house: 3 Fyrtur blinds with built-in ZHA integration with an old conbee (v1) stick

One main HA installation (virtualbox on a NUC) with the IKEA-gateway configured, and one RPi slave installation (using “remote homeassistant”) with conbee usb-stick and ZHA

The pairing fyrtur-ZHA(conbee) was a bit tricky , but I succeded by using the reset button in the signal extender for each blind first with ZHA (small pin-hole to push and hold close to conbee stick to pair…) and then added the remote to the signal extender. Lastly I set ZHA in pairing mode again and paired the remote-button to the blinds by holding reset on the blinds (held down the blinds 2 buttons) and the remote pair-button for approx 20s closely together.

Hope this might help someone :slight_smile:

1 Like

i will try this next weekend. Running deconz at the moment. so i have to make some time to transfer al devices in my house. hopefully i can finally shut done my ikea gateway.

I’ve 3 of these at home now.

The only thing I miss is having a nicer looking card exposing the interface.

Yes, finally they put these online! I ordered 3 shades and the gateway. Unfortunately they charged me $129.00USD just to ship them. Other then that they are a good price!

can you show me your automation?
You say you only paired the range extender and the remote.
how are you using your blinds in home assistant?

Hi
Automations are not relevant at this point. First step is to get the blinds into HA.
I use two different methods:

1. 3 blinds - according to IKEA manual and HA documentation for built-in “tradfri” integration.
  2. 3 blinds - conbee stick and ZHA in HA

Greetings from sweden.

I have severe problems.

My fyrtur adds up quickly then disappears. I cannot re add them. If i open a new one it adds directly then i gone in phoscon. Then i cannot re add it.

I have reset them now so my fingers bleed. Dont know what to try more. Reinstalled deconz. Restarted. Let it off for the night. Something is wrong. I have like 70 other nodes/devices so its working except for the fyrtur.

What version off deCONZ are you using?