Installing Home Assistant Supervised on Raspberry Pi OS

Easier to start over, it takes 30mins from start to finish.

I just ran everything to test on my test Pi, and have everything up and running, so you have caused the error.

I used your Guide with an Fresh Ubuntu 18 and snapshoted my old Hassio and everything works Perfect and i can install other Programs thats rly nice thx for that.

When HA gets an update i should be able to just do it with that instalation or will it make Problems?

Hi, ima noob here… managed to follow all the steps less the last one… any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

First try again. A tls hhandshake timout can happen, can be just an intermittent internet problem.

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

I updated yesterday from a perfectly working 0.113.2 to 0.114 using the upgrade function in Supervisor.
After some waiting, I noticed HA was not coming back.

I uninstalled it all (I have automatic backups on Google Drive) using the info in Can't Remove Docker Containers

I then tried a fresh install using this Guide and script, without succes!
Script runs fine, but the HA docker image is not installed.
I looked into the hassio_supervisor logs in Docker, and I get this

0-08-14 04:36:02 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Fetch update data from https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json

20-08-14 04:36:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Can't process version data: 'null'

20-08-14 04:36:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Found no information about Home Assistant. Retry in 30sec

Can someone help me out here? The script is called with

sudo bash supervised_installer.sh -m raspberrypi4-64

The installer script was updated and also contains an error.

if [ -z "${HOMEASSISTANT_DOCKER}" ]; then
    error "Found no Home Assistant Docker images for this host!"
fi

I’ve changed my version and it should be working again now.

It works.

curl -SL "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/konnectedvn/hass-config/master/hassio_installer.sh/hassio_installer.sh" -o hass_installer.sh

As I already noted, the script has been updated and is now fixed. No need to provide alternatives.

1 Like

Script seems to work now, HA-container is installed but HA crashes unfortunately.

Docker:

2e50d8b7ecd8        homeassistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:0.114.0   "/init"                  About a minute ago   Exited (1) About a minute ago                       homeassistant
f822288003a9        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-multicast:2                "/init"                  About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_multicast
485903ceeb95        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-cli:25                     "/init /bin/bash -c …"   About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_cli
1d0742aaa40d        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-audio:17                   "/init"                  About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_audio
c846a7b23a94        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-dns:9                      "/init coredns -conf…"   About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_dns
23312a67a4a5        homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor                 "/init"                  About a minute ago   Up About a minute                                   hassio_supervisor

Supervisor Log:

20-08-14 07:05:32 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Wait until Home Assistant is ready

20-08-14 07:05:37 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Home Assistant has crashed!

raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:0.114.0 Log

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Did you format your SSD/SD and start again, or try and re-install over the previous? I would start fresh if you didn’t.

I just tested on Ubuntu 18.04 and it works without an issue, no crashes.

On Raspbian, only raspberrypi4 works, raspberrypi4-64 does not. Don’t know why it changed to ‘raspberrypi4-64’.

I noticed that the supervisor indeed installs raspberry4-64, does not matter if you pass raspberrypi4 or raspberry4-64 to the script
Google for the HA-error in Docker in fact points to architecture mismatches.

I’m confused…and I’m about to do this same install on a Rpi 4 on Raspian. Is it now fixed or do I have to change something to get HA working correctly?

Magic just happened.

I removed all docker images with

sudo docker system prune -a

The Supervisor now downloaded the homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant image instead of the 64-bit version. HA is back up but will need to reinstall some stuff since my backup is on 0.113 and I don’t want to restore that one given the mess I’ve been confronted with :slight_smile:

Edit: I took the plunge. Restored 0.113.2 and hit the upgrade button. Works perfect now.

I tried this just a few days ago and kept getting stuck on loading the docker image. I let it sit for over and hour and HA never seemed to start. I’ll give it another go this weekend.

Hi!! I’m running home assistant supervised on RPI 4…
Since yesterday (last supervisor update from 233 to 234) i got error message:

20-08-15 17:52:33 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!

Also on supervisor page in home assistant it says:

You are running an unsupported installation

Supervisor

Version 234
Latest version 234

You are running an unsupported installation. Learn More

Anyone else has this issue? Never had this message before on supervisor 232 or lower.

Thanks!

I think 99% of the people running a HA supervised installation see this message now.

2 Likes

Serieus? Why is that? Tried to read everything about supervised install but little bit confusing about this topic

A question only the core development team can answer definitively, but I’ll take a guess:

It may be included in the telemetry information sent back to the core development team. It gives them visibility into how many so-called “unsupported” functions are hosted on users’ systems.

EDIT

I’m running 0.113.1 with Supervisor 234 and here’s what it reports:

20-08-15 16:33:53 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.docker] Docker logging driver json-file is not supported!
20-08-15 16:34:06 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.core] Using ‘Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS’ as the OS is not supported
20-08-15 16:34:07 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!

FWIW, it’s running just fine so “ERROR” and “CRITICAL” are a bit alarmist (“WARNING” would be sufficient).

The term ‘unsupported’, in this context, means if you report a bug in the GitHub repo, the developers may not investigate/fix it because you’re using an ‘unsupported environment’. Your only recourse will be to switch to a ‘supported environment’ (and see if the bug disappears) or ask the community for assistance.

Annotation 2020-08-15 142841

NOTE

Francisp explained in this post how to eliminate the message “logging driver json-file is not supported”. You must change docker’s logging driver to journald.

3 Likes