Integration for Danalock v3 Zigbee

I assume you have lights in all the rooms?
Try IKEA Trådfri.

@ickam to put it in perspective, the more zigbee devices that are plugged in, the stronger the mesh network. For example, I have 12 ikea plugs scattered around the house and 5 hue lightstrips. All of these devices just enhance the mesh network and make it more resilient

has anyone managed to operate this lock with both bluetooth and zigbee modes enabled? My experience so far is the following:
A) when included via click commands, it operates well.
B) when included via the app (bluetooth pairing is present as well), it stops accepting zigbee commands after a while.

LQI/RSSI are reported as 255/-75 so this doesn’t look like to be a signal issue. After all, it works seamlessly when included via the (A) way.

I want the Bluetooth pairing to be present cause i need to do some configurations (hold back the latch/turning assistance). There is no way to do these via click commands

@Dionisis what do you mean by Click commands? I have had the lock work with Bluetooth via the app and also paired with HA at the same time. However in the end I turned off proximity usage with Bluetooth as it wasn’t reliable enough - people would be standing at the door for 30+ seconds before phone bluetooth registered so I now have that turned off and just use zigbee via HA - when one of the registered phones connects to WiFi HA will send an unlock

@Townsmcp thanks for your reply! You can apply some settings by pressing the button inside the small hole on the top of the lock. Danalock has named this procedure “click commands”

So you mean you havent noticed any device freeze issue like the one im talking about.
Are you using ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT? Which zigbee dongle you are using?

@Dionisis ah ok. I know the small button is used for HomeKit version but personally haven’t used it to configure the lock.

So I have experienced similar to point B. Every few days (in the end every day) HA would loose connection and I would have to go back into the app and put the lock in pairing mode, back to HA and device joining. This was with ZHA and a Conbee II stick. I put up with it for a couple of months and the WAF (wife acceptance factor) went through the floor. I resolved it in the end by switching to a Tubes USB stick and zigbee2mqtt. Since changing a month ago I haven’t had any problems.

USB stick found here: CC2652 Zigbee Router | Tube's ZB Store
HA thread found here: Tube's ZB Coordinators and Routers (was Zigbee router on steroids?)

The difference using Tubes device compared to Conbee is night and day. My zigbee network is so much more stable and reliable now

Ok so this sounds like a signal strength issue.
But… i have my doubts. Some more notes:

1. The lock stalled even without being paired via bluetooth so my previous assumption was wrong. It turns out that bluetooth pairing coexistence is unrelated.
  2. The lock stalled even when it was re-included and placed right next to the coordinator (1m away). LQI and RSSI were again exceptional at the time of the disconnection/stalling. Zigbee log just reported a failure to deliver the locking command - and any subsequent command
    3)Im using ZHA and Nortek HUSBZB-1 via bellows lib. Below thread claims the issue was fixed by migrating to zigbee2mqtt and setting a configuration parameter to a different value. Unfortunately i dont have the time to move to zb2mqtt at the moment. I searched the clusters of the lock but i wasnt able to locate this configuration value. Found some similar ones though, ill try to alter them and see what happens.

@Dionisis it couldn’t have been a signal strength issue - the lock was connected by an IKEA smart plug which was less than 1m away (which it is connected to now after all the change of device and shift to z2m).
Good luck with finding the issue. For my own setup, I think it was ZHA rather than the stick.ZHA is still pretty young in comparison to Z2M, Deconz etc. The easier solution though might be to change the stick to rule that out? I have no experience of the stick you use though so don’t know how reliable/forgiving it is.

For everyone’s information, this is the reply i got from the official danalock support after raising the zigbee freezing issue to them. You can judge by yourselves whether you want to defer from buying this lock.

Hello Dionisis,

When lock becomes unresponsive, remove one battery from the lock and reinsert. Now connection should be restored.

Best regards
Danalock support

@Dionisis that is interesting from Danalock. Feels like you have been fobbed off though really. Lol, effectively “switch it off and switch it on again”.
On a side note, what firmware version are you running? I noticed they updated the release a few days ago. It is on 0.17.15. Frustratingly though there is never any release notes

Yes, like its possible to “switch it on and off” when ure locked outside :slight_smile:
The lock came with 0.17.5. I hit the issue and immediately upgraded to 0.17.15. The issue hit again.
So upgrading the firmware was no good.

Ill stick in trying to play with the polling intervals in ZHA (if i manage to find a way to reconfigure them) and hope for the best. In the other thread it is claimed that the issue was fixed when this status reporting window was decreased so lets see…

1 Like

@Dionisis when I bought Danalock I also got the DanaPad to ensure I’m never locked out. As very last fall back, I have the key as well to the lock itself - no other smart lock seemed to have what I was looking for; I didn’t want a touchpad on the outside at all

this is of no use for me. Im intending to use this lock in an airbnb apartment. I need to be able to change the access code remotely via homeassistant, plus the guest wont have a key.
The funny thing is that the lock froze again in this afternoon. I followed support’s advice and removed n put back in a battery and indeed the lock revived. So this is nothing more than a pure and obvious bug in the lock’s firmware. Instead of working on a fix, Danalock’s support asks their customer to put the battery out n in… This was one of the most frustrating replies i have ever received.

i give up trying to make it work with ZHA. I issued a return request

Hi,

Just received my first DanaLock, configured in ZHA, seems to work ok and status updates, locking mechanism seems to work fine.

I have not updated the firmware yet as I can not get it to add the device to my phone via bluetooth.

Will see how it goes.

Hi @BMac1, please keep us updated in case the lock freezes. Also, when you manage to connect via BT please post your firmware version. Thanks in advance.

Firmware I have is 0.7.9, shipping FW.

Maybe I should not upgrade, or get the old firmware soon can downgrade if it doesn’t work.

Will continue to monitor HA status for a few days before I consider upgrading FW.

0.7.9 or maybe 0.17.9?

No 0.7.9, very early version.

ok thanks!