Is Aqara EU smart plug supposed to support Energy metering?

Aqara ZigBee EU smart plug has three entities: electrical_measurement, on_off, smartenergy_metering. The first two work and show the current power used. However, the metering is telling me only Unknown but I expected that to collect the total energy used so that I could use it with Energy management.

Is it working for someone else? Is there anything I could do by configuring?

If you are talking about this one, it does :

I’m talking about different product. This one Aqara Smart Plug EU (SP-EUC01) Zigbee compatibility

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 12.19.06

I see your device_class is energy. I have two entities and both are power. The other one here.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 12.21.37

They are both W, so power is correct.

For energy, you can use the rieman integration with the left method.

Thank you. I’m aware of that but it has limitations with accuracy depending on the plug and the device. I would still like to utilise the actual energy feature of the product.

I’m using ZHA. Looks like Zigbee2mqtt support also the energy.

Same here. Zigbee2mqtt seems to support more.
But a migration from ZHA to zigbee2mqtt is not a fun project with rename all devices.

I’m still in the experimenting mode with only couple of devices and decided to switch over to Zigbee2mqtt. Seems to be better so far with the device support.

Are you using Zigbee2mqtt Assistant?
Pros and cons over ZHA?

I never used ZHA, always Zigbee2MQTT; The main advantages are

• more devices supported
  • easier to install unsupported devices yourself
  • it is decoupled from HA, so no problems running Zigbee with more than one HA instance.
1 Like

FYI, when specifially talking about the ZHA integration component for Home Assistant there are loads of related discussions/explainations here about this and the current ZHA limitation of 1 sensor per cluster:

and here

There is also an issue posted to the HA core about ZHA energy consumption sensors not showing up:

All those applies to most Zigbee power plugs or other Zigbee devices with integrated energy meters:

1. Tuya TS0121 → [Device Support Request] BlitzWolf BW-SHP13 smart plug (aka Tuya TS0121) · Issue #605 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub
  2. BlitzWolf BW-SHP13 (OEM version of Tuya TS0121) → [Device Support Request] BlitzWolf BW-SHP13 smart plug (aka Tuya TS0121) · Issue #605 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub
  3. Develco Norwegian HAN Adapter (Develco EMIZB-132) → Add support for Develco Products A/S EMIZB-132 Norwegian HAN adapter · Issue #267 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub
  4. Develco Prosumer Meter (Develco SMMZB-310101)
  5. Develco Smart Plug Mini (Develco Frient SPLZB-131) → [Device Support Request] Develco Frient SPLZB-131 Smart Plug Mini · Issue #857 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub
  6. Immax Plug-230V-ZB3.0 Smart Plug
  7. Innr SP 120 (a.k.a. Innr SP120) → No power consumption readings from Innr smart plug SP120? · Issue #34090 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
  8. Lonsonho 16A Energy Monitoring Plug (OEM version of Tuya TS0121) → [Device Support Request] BlitzWolf BW-SHP13 smart plug (aka Tuya TS0121) · Issue #605 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub
  9. SmartThings Smart Plug (UK)
  10. Schwaiger ZHS15 → ZHA plugs - smartenergy_metering > wrong cluster · Issue #44539 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
  11. Rehentele 16A Energy Monitoring Plug (OEM version of Tuya TS0121) → [Device Support Request] BlitzWolf BW-SHP13 smart plug (aka Tuya TS0121) · Issue #605 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub
  12. Aqara LUMI lumi.plug → ZHA plugs - smartenergy_metering > wrong cluster #44539

and a possible workaround being working on here

2 Likes

Very informative. Thank you. Looks like it is better for me to run Zigbee2mqtt. So far it has been great.

I have the same plug (EU smart plug from Aqara), but it doesn’t show the consumption. Only on/off.

Integration: HomeKit controller (Aqara hub).
Does this integration allow power monitoring?

2 Likes

I am also looking for a solution for this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still no solution? Just bought one today 22-12-11 and it STILL doesnt work!

1 Like

Same here. ZHA with CONBEE II. I get 0.0W for Active Power.

Actually I just found a solution to my problem. Thanks to TheJulianJES on the Discord-channel.
So the problem is the new firmware version that is not compatible with ZHA somehow…
So I downgraded it using the guide here:

Press the “Instructions on how to downgrade maeu01 plug to v32 by bypassing the file version check”
There is the file you should use. Worked for me!

2 years later, I have the same question. Is it possible to get power consumption from Aqara Eu Smart Plug with M2 hub while using HomeKit Controller? Or at that point I should just buy zigbee dongle?

It seems to work fine after upgrading the Conbee II firmware to version deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700.
Testing with my notebook right now and its showing between 16 and 36 Watt. I will try with the washing machine tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Did you have any luck in the meanwhile?