Klarstein Wonderwall integration

Hi,

Anyone out there that has experience with the Klarstein Wonderwall IR panel heating? And then specifically an intergration with HA??

Please let me know.

Thnx Roel

5 Likes

Hi,

I have it and could be really nice to have the possibility to control it via HA!

Klarstein has already its app, but at the moment cannot be integrated.

1 Like

Same comment here. it could be really great if possible to integrate this Klarstein product in Home Assistant.
thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Up, looking for this integration as well

2 Likes

I’ver found this site: https://forum.iobroker.net/topic/34140/gelöst-klarstein-klimaanlage-einbinden/4?lang=it; I’m not Deutch, but seems that it’s possible to command it via MQTT.

someone already tried it?

1 Like

up que interesa

I wrote a tutorial on integrating Klarstein Wonderwall with HA through Tuya, but in the wrong topic, now it wont let me repost here :rofl:

But here is the link: Integration for Klarstein DryFy - #6 by Efekthalo

3 Likes

Thanks! Now I can also control my Wonderwall. HAve you idea why we can’t control the temperature? is it something fixable?

@maoz82 it is possible now to control temp with the new tuya cloud integration
you cannot turn it off, but you can set temp to 0 degrees

Thanks for the update! Actually as you said entity report a fixed OFF status also if it’s ON, but temp now can be modified.
Why we have this behavior? there is a place where we can report the bug? In the Tuya IOT debug I see that status is correctly reported.

Would be great to have an Klarstein integration without having to use tuya. Hope someone is willing to do that.

1 Like

I have Klarstein HotSpot Spotless Smart and it does not work even using tuya integration …

EDIT: works with https://github.com/make-all/tuya-local also sold as rebrand termofol

Thinking about getting one of these heating panels.
I have a question for existing owners - if I simply plugged this into a smart plug that I can control via HA, could I preset it so it just automatically starts heating once the smart plug is turned on?

yes, it will default to target 25C

1 Like

@evlo How can it be set to this default 25C after turn on? When I turn mine off with a smart plug and then on again it is not heating.

1 Like

For me it is just like that out of the box, but I do have ODM rebrand “termofol” ( https://www.sklep.termofol.pl/produkt/lazienkowy-panel-grzewczy/ ), so maybe there actually is some change, but I would really think that it is same.

I’m planning to take it apart and flash esphome on it, but even with esphome it will still keep tuya mcu. When/if I do I will post photos hot it looks inside and how it works with esphome.

I have disassembled the thing to put esphome on it and Eurom E-convect WiFi - #46 by InfantEudora this is basically same

DPSs here: tuya-local/kogan_kawfhtp_heater.yaml at 705ac7892217b9185bfc20d7e8bea813803280b7 · make-all/tuya-local · GitHub

tuya:

uart:
  rx_pin: GPIO13
  tx_pin: GPIO15
  baud_rate: 9600

climate:
  - platform: tuya
    supports_heat: true
    supports_cool: false
    name: "koupelnaTopeni"
    switch_datapoint: 1
    target_temperature_datapoint: 3  # min 5 - max 40
    current_temperature_datapoint: 4
    eco_datapoint: 7 #Low, Hight
    visual:
      min_temperature: 5
      max_temperature: 40
      temperature_step: 1

Unfortunately this is not the case after purchasing it :unamused:
The “smart” function in it means you have to turn it on with an extra button press or by the app after the plug powers it on.

Even when you disconnect power when it is in “heating” state?

Well you could do the EspHome conversion, i’m going to try to find out if it really starts in 25C and OFF and i was lying before.

Update: turns out you were right and even though it resets to 25C on startup it indeed does start in OFF mode. I’m sorry I put lies here, i hate when people do that, there is enough of wrong information on the web and no need for me to add more.

Hope you can either put esphome and command it to send “On” command after boot or at least return the heater.

Again - sorry for lying before :frowning:

I bought a non wifi version. Did anyone tried to open it and do some Esp/EspHome conversion ?